Author Topic: JTF thoughts on secular Muslims  (Read 7202 times)

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
JTF thoughts on secular Muslims
« on: January 28, 2012, 03:56:40 PM »
Have anyone here met some?
Share experiences and thoughts about them.

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: JTF thoughts on secular Muslims
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 04:14:56 PM »
I have never met muslims that declare they are secular. They may drink alcohol and shave their beard but still think of themselves as muslims.

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 04:22:10 PM »
They don't exist.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 05:17:43 PM »
I have known a whole bunch.  Not nearly as bad as the Muhammad worshipper hallal eater secretly homosexual ones
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 06:09:59 PM »
secular muslims are like anti-hitler nazis. they may claim that they are such, but really arnt.

Offline Deer Man 420

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 10:34:22 PM »
I knew a secular muslim i thought was nice and normal until he told me his grandfather had pickled organs of a british soldier from some previous conflict in either yemen or israel.

Offline USAReturn2GodNow1776

• Pro JTFer
  • proud christian & kahanist
    • the urban grind
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 11:16:20 PM »
I have never met any secular Muslims that I know of. I'd love to find out more about them. But to be honest, the religious Muslims I've known have been nice people. But I recognize that it is only because they are isolates where I live and that as their numbers increase, they radicalize like we're seeing in England.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 11:23:18 PM »

when i was in college i knew muslims that said they were muslims then spent a great deal of time smoking marijuana, getting drunk, and just partying all the time.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 11:30:41 PM »
I don't think they can be trusted because at the end of the day they still identify themselves with Islam, even if they are not very religious. We all know that Islam is all about hatred and violence, and so by choosing to identify with this religion, regardless of the level of observance, I think that makes the person guilty.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 12:08:26 AM »
Ruby, suppose they want to leave the cult behind them? Many Iranians for example but can't due to the life risk without declaring themselves apostates. Will you as a Christian guide them the way to your messiah's salvation?
Recently, I spoke to my cousin and he says islam makes him sleep. Lol, he does not care about religion.
This is why I made the topic XD

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 01:29:45 AM »
Ruby, suppose they want to leave the cult behind them? Many Iranians for example but can't due to the life risk without declaring themselves apostates.

They can stop believing in Islam but not publicly broadcast it in a situation like that where they will be killed. When I think of a secular Muslim, I think of someone more in a Western society where they have the choice to say what they really feel or believe and still choose to identify with Islam and Muslims regardless of their personal level of observance.

Will you as a Christian guide them the way to your messiah's salvation?

I wonder if that's a trick question. If I say yes I'm going to be accused of being a proselytizer by certain members here, and if I say no people will think I don't believe in my own religion. So I will decline to answer that.

Recently, I spoke to my cousin and he says islam makes him sleep. Lol, he does not care about religion.
This is why I made the topic XD

I think it should make him feel offended, not sleepy.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 01:37:23 AM »
I'm a little concerned about this thread and some of the questions in it.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 01:41:03 AM »
I have a friend who was born in Iraq.  He is very American.  He married a Catholic lady and they raise their son as Catholic.  He is a great guy and if all Muslims were like him the world would look much different and by that I mean better.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 02:04:21 AM »
I have a friend who was born in Iraq.  He is very American.  He married a Catholic lady and they raise their son as Catholic.  He is a great guy and if all Muslims were like him the world would look much different and by that I mean better.
He is either doing taqqiyah or is really not a Muslim and is in denial.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 06:36:01 AM »
Actually the secular Muslims I know are Persians.  The ones that are non Persian that I have met show their evil inclination more readily.  The Persian ones that I know seemed to me to have a more positive attitude to Jews and Israel...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 06:37:49 AM »

How about you?  You're all questions with no opinions

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 07:43:43 AM »
Actually the secular Muslims I know are Persians.  The ones that are non Persian that I have met show their evil inclination more readily.  The Persian ones that I know seemed to me to have a more positive attitude to Jews and Israel...

Maybe it's because they're not Arabs and therefore don't identify with Arab culture. On the other hand, Islam is still a cult/political force/religion of hatred and violence. Even nominally aligning themselves with Islam is a problem.

It's like someone claiming that they're a nominal Nazi, who doesn't actually believe in stuffing innocent Jews into gas chambers or dissecting them to death but likes the uniforms. If someone self-identifies as a Muslim  whether secular or devout, that's a problem.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 08:56:45 AM »
Persians have alot of resentment towards other Muslims many have pride in their Persian heritage pre islam and cons8ider Arabs savages. I would venture to guess that a majority of young Persians in Iran WOULD GIVE UP iSLAM IF THEY HAD THE CHANCE
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 09:08:18 AM »

I find some to be a bit comical. You can't drink and the black stone is shaped weird. Some seem neutral around Jews, so I gave one an idea about who they are.
They are secular either it sounds too good to be true along boredom or because it's too violent.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2012, 10:47:01 AM »
Religious muslamics are very dangerous, but other apparently secular looking muslamics are even more dangerous. They have long term evil goals.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 11:58:46 AM »
Religious muslamics are very dangerous, but other apparently secular looking muslamics are even more dangerous. They have long term evil goals.

You make an excellent point.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 01:14:47 PM »
He is either doing taqqiyah or is really not a Muslim and is in denial.

Why is it possible to believe that Jews and Christians can deemphasize religion in their lives but Muslims cannot?
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 02:30:44 PM »
Why is it possible to believe that Jews and Christians can deemphasize religion in their lives but Muslims cannot?

You weren't asking me but I'd like to respond to this. I think that the problem is that secular Jews and secular Christians aren't voluntarily aligning themselves with a philosophy of pure hatred by the association, whereas a Muslim at any level of observance is still a Muslim.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2012, 02:36:57 PM »

Exactly...

There are a number of Muslims who simply are somewhere in the middle or simply do not practice Islam.  I'm not saying I would trust them with my life, but not all Muslims are Al-queda.  However, the majority of Muslims, in my opinion are religious and believe in imposing Shariah law on all non Muslims.  The secular ones do not.

I want to make one other point.  Just because a Muslim might be secular doesn't mean he can't be a Jew-hater.  Look at Iraq, which was a "secular" nation under Saddam Hussein. And look at Saudi Arabia a religious nation.  They are no different in reality.    Anti-semitism doesn't have to come with religion.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2012, 03:10:44 PM »
You weren't asking me but I'd like to respond to this. I think that the problem is that secular Jews and secular Christians aren't voluntarily aligning themselves with a philosophy of pure hatred by the association, whereas a Muslim at any level of observance is still a Muslim.

Rubystars keep in mind that there are 1.5 billion Muslims.  Out of such a large population you will find almost every imaginable situation.  A Dutch woman I spoke with in Israel this past summer told me that the immigrant Muslims in Holland have children who are not religious.  They don't feel that they are part of the larger Dutch community so they associate with each other, collect welfare, commit crimes etc but don't really practice their religion.  In the case of my friend from Iraq, I have no doubt as to his sincerity.  He is more interested in being successful and having a happy life than he is in Islam.