Author Topic: Japanese eating LIVE SUSHI, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM?  (Read 7232 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Japanese eating LIVE SUSHI, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM?
« on: February 16, 2012, 11:28:59 AM »
I know the Japanese are an "advanced society" in terms of technology, but when I see videos like this, you start to wonder how sick and twisted you have to be to eat an animal alive and laugh about it. I guess some things never change!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=n4p5Hmg8OW4

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Japanese eating LIVE SUSHI, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 11:33:38 AM »
I don't think it's good to eat an animal while they're alive like that. I think it's more humane to eat dead animals.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 11:41:17 AM »
...And my nephews invite me for sushi at a japanese restaurant?  No thx

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 12:14:55 PM »
Eating too much Sushi can be dangerous.   My cousin ate at an expensive well-known Sushi Restaurant, and he still managed to get food poisoning.   But eating it now and then in moderation from reliable restaurants is ok.

Unless I'm on survivor trying to win an eating challenge, I wouldnt even consider eating something live.

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 01:11:58 PM »
It's dead. The title of the video is misleading. The head has clearly been cut off. It is the same animal that is swimming in the first scene. Do you see how much of it is missing once it is on the plate? The muscles are just reacting to the salt. The animal is very dead.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 01:13:46 PM »
I think only a small minority of Japanese eat things like this, but althrough it is disgusting.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 01:39:41 PM »
It's dead. The title of the video is misleading. The head has clearly been cut off. It is the same animal that is swimming in the first scene. Do you see how much of it is missing once it is on the plate? The muscles are just reacting to the salt. The animal is very dead.

It's still pretty gross though

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 03:13:10 PM »

Look how they cut it, perhaps its not completely dead since they just cut the skin and leave the rest intact.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 03:15:12 PM »
I don't think it's good to eat an animal while they're alive like that. I think it's more humane to eat dead animals.

Noachide Law prohibits eating from a living animal. I am surprised that there are some here who would even consider such a thing...

http://noahidenations.com/index.php/about-us/the-seven-laws/88888976-flesh-of-a-living-animal/143-noahide-laws-flesh-of-a-living-animal
Eating the flesh of a living animal is forbidden.

This teaches us to be sensitive to cruelty to animals. (This was commanded to Noah for the first time along with the permission of eating meat. The negative laws were enforced at the Garden of Eden.) This commandment (the seventh) was given to Noah in Genesis 9:4-5. ("Nevertheless, you may not eat flesh with its life, which is its blood.")

(Note that Adam and Eve were not given permission to eat animals, so all humans were constrained to be vegetarians until after the Flood. G-d permitted the eating of meat for the first time to Noah and his family after they left the Ark, which is why G-d at that time added the seventh commandment, which prohibits the eating of flesh removed from a living animal.)

Eating flesh from a living animal encompasses:
against eating a limb severed from a living animal, beast, or fowl; and

against eating the flesh of any animal which was torn by a wild beast, which in part, prohibits the eating of such flesh as was torn off an animal while it was still alive.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 04:11:33 PM »
Some animal bodies can still move after brain death. (So I hear)

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 08:00:07 PM »
Oh Yeh, that thing is dead.

If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 08:15:05 PM »
Noachide Law prohibits eating from a living animal. I am surprised that there are some here who would even consider such a thing...

I wouldn't. I don't think there's any good reason to eat an animal that's still alive unless you're starving to death and have to eat bugs to survive.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 09:52:57 PM »
I LOVE sushi.  But with that being said, I think eating any animal while it's still alive is disgusting. 

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 10:07:19 PM »
 This is going to sound really weird. What if the heart has stopped and it's removed from the body , but it is still warm and it has blood in it. Is that against the law?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 10:24:54 PM »
This is going to sound really weird. What if the heart has stopped and it's removed from the body , but it is still warm and it has blood in it. Is that against the law?

For a Jew it is... A Jew is commanded to eat only animals which have been slaughtered by ritual slaughter/Schitah. I was discussing this with my step-father last week when he was discussing hunting. A Jew is not supposed to eat an animal unless it is Kosher and it has been slaughtered according to Jewish law. Thus an animal killed when hunting is considered Treif...

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/222240/jewish/What-is-Shechita.htm

What is Shechita?

Shechita is the Jewish religious and humane method of slaughtering permitted animals and poultry for food. It is the only method of producing kosher meat and poultry allowed by Jewish law. It is a most humane method as explained below.

There is no ritual involved in shechita. It is a cardinal tenet of the Jewish faith that the laws of shechita were divinely given to Moses at Mount Sinai (Deuteronomy XII:21); the rules governing shechita are codified and defined and are as binding and valued today as ever and they ensure a swift and painless dispatch of the animal. Infringing the laws of shechita renders the meat unconditionally forbidden as food to Jews. The time hallowed practice of shechita, marked as it is by compassion and consideration for the welfare of the animal, has been a central pillar in the sustaining of Jewish life for millennia.

Shechita is performed by a highly trained shochet. The procedure consists of a rapid and expert transverse incision with an instrument of surgical sharpness (a chalaf), which severs the major structures and vessels at the neck. This causes an instant drop in blood pressure in the brain and immediately results in the irreversible cessation of consciousness. Thus, shechita renders the animal insensible to pain, dispatches and exsanguinates in a swift action, and fulfils all the requirements of humaneness and compassion.

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/jewfaq/kashrut.htm
Kosher slaughtering

The mammals and birds that may be eaten must be slaughtered in accordance with Jewish law; "as I have commanded thee" (Deuteronomy 12,21) is according to the Oral Torah on kosher slaughter given to Moses at Sinai.  We may not eat animals that died of natural causes (Deuteronomy 14,21) or that were killed by other animals (Exodus 22,30).  In addition, the animal must have no disease or flaws in the organs at the time of slaughter.  These restrictions do not apply to fish, which may be merely "gathered" (Numbers 11,22).

Ritual slaughter is known as shechitah, and the person who performs the slaughter is called a shochet, both from the Hebrew root Shin-Chet-Tet, meaning to slaughter.  The method of slaughter is a quick, deep stroke across the throat with a perfectly sharp blade with no nicks or unevenness.  This method is painless, causes unconsciousness within seconds, and is widely recognized as the most humane method of slaughter possible.

Another advantage of shechitah is that ensures rapid, complete draining of the blood, which is also necessary to render the meat kosher.

The shochet is not simply a butcher; he must be a pious man, well-trained in Jewish law, particularly as it relates to kashrut.  In smaller, more remote communities, the rabbi and the shochet were often the same person.

On the topic of Hunting:

http://www.shemayisrael.com/publicat/hazon/tzedaka/aversion.htm

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 10:35:12 PM »
I don't think it is good to show this, but here are the consequences of eating live sushi:

ATTENTION: Mentally ill and pregnant people should not see it.

http://i057.radikal.ru/0912/ab/5bb4fc7b617e.jpg
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 10:52:58 PM »
 I have always hunted for food not sport. And with the utmost respect for the soul of the animal. I also believe you should not kill an animal if you're not going to use it! In some way!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 11:18:16 PM »
I don't think it is good to show this, but here are the consequences of eating live sushi:

I dont get it.  Care to offer an explanation with the sensational photo?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 12:21:37 AM »
I have always hunted for food not sport. And with the utmost respect for the soul of the animal. I also believe you should not kill an animal if you're not going to use it! In some way!

Noachides are permitted to hunt and eat what they kill. My Jewish friend who is a SWAT team member on a local force goes hunting {despite the warnings from our Rabbis} and he gives the meat to non-Jews to eat.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 12:31:25 AM »
It's dead.
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/science-sushi/2011/07/28/instant-zombie-just-add-salt/

Is that where all the salt went when they created all those Obama voters in 2008?

BTW that zombie pus is still gross....
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 12:51:06 AM »

Is that where all the salt went when they created all those Obama voters in 2008?

BTW that zombie pus is still gross....

Not as scary as Ozombies...

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 12:54:18 AM »
Not as scary as Ozombies...

Stop Obama! Hide the salt!
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2012, 07:49:16 AM »

Did that person have tapeworms in their brain or something else?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2012, 11:09:04 AM »
is hunting permitted in survival situations? How did the ancient Israelites gather their food previously before herding?