Author Topic: <removed useless post>  (Read 3603 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
<removed useless post>
« on: February 28, 2012, 11:02:39 PM »
<removed useless post>
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 10:51:22 PM by 112 »
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: End of the world
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 11:21:39 PM »
Didn't the world end in 1984 and in 1994, 2000, and last year?
Look, America ended in 2008.
It may be buried in 2012.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 12:21:53 AM »
I'll take a stab at this one...

First it must be explained that Judaism doesn't set a date when the Moshiach will come. The sages, and in Daniel, it is said that the actual time cannot be known. Second, there is a concept of a 6000 year calendar which correspond to 6 1000 year periods {corresponding to the six days of creation} and the Messianic age will occur for the 1000 years between year 6000 and year 7000.... We are currently in the year 5772 which leaves 228 years before this deadline is reached.

We also believe that we are in the final hours {of day 6} before Shabbat {Redemption}...

Here is mention of this idea:

http://www.mashiach.org/living/Bereshit/bereshit.html

READY FOR SHABBOS

Breishis 2:3.
Sources:
Ramban. Sefer HaSichos 5750:254. Birchas Hamazon

In writing about Shabbos, the Torah says (and we include in our Kiddush on Friday night), "And Hashem blessed the 7th Day and made it holy, for on it He rested from all His work which He created to make."

The words, "to make," seem to be extra. Why are they written?

One of the reasons is that the 7 days of creation correspond to the history of the world. When Hashem created the world in the beginning,
He also "made" all of history.

Each day of creation represents 1000 years, and the 6 days of creation match the 6000 years the world will exist in its present form.
The 7th day, Shabbos, corresponds to the period after the year 6000, when the world will become fully and eternally holy.

The period from the year 5000 to 6000 corresponds to Friday, and after the year 5750, to Friday afternoon.

At that time we make intense preparations for Shabbos, and some of the laws of Shabbos already apply. Since we are in the Erev Shabbos
("Friday afternoon") before the Days of Moshiach, we must be sure to prepare ourselves for the Geulah -- which will be "All Shabbos and rest for eternal life."

And this:

http://www.moshiach.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=65

Date of Moshiach's Coming       
When will Moshiach come? Is there a set date or does it depend of our behavior?
The actual date of the Messianic redemption is a guarded mystery unknown to man.69 It will happen “in its time” (Isaiah 60:22), predetermined from the beginning of creation. This ultimate ketz (time for the ‘end’) is unconditional: it does not depend on Israel’s merit, as it is said, “For My own sake, for My own sake, I will do it..” (Isaiah 48:11); “I wrought for My Name’s sake that it should not be profaned in the eyes of the nations.” (Ezekiel 20:9)70

Even so, the wording of Isaiah 60:22 seems to display a contradiction by stating “in its time I will hasten it”: “in its time” means a set date; “I will hasten it” means that it may occur earlier, before “its time.” The contradiction is resolved as follows: “If they are worthy — ‘I will hasten it;’ if not — ‘in its time.’ ”71

The implication is clear: Moshiach can come any day, even before the predetermined date: “This day — if you will listen to His voice!” (Psalms 95:7)72 Every generation has a special ketz of its own, for, as stated, Moshiach is alive and present in every generation, albeit concealed.73 He is ready to be revealed at a moment’s notice.74 In the course of history prior to “its time” there are especially auspicious times when it is easier to effect his coming. To take advantage of these, to hasten the redemption, that depends completely on us.75
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:46:38 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 12:33:58 AM »
http://www.sichosinenglish.org/books/from-exile-to-redemption-2/12.htm

Calculating the Time of the Redemption

May those who calculate the date of the Redemption expire, for they[479] would [then] say: "Since the calculated date[480] has arrived and [Mashiach] has not come, he is not going to come." Rather, wait for him, as it is written,[481] "If he will tarry, wait for him."[482]

Notwithstanding the above, we find that over the generations great scholars among our people did indicate such dates. (See, for example, Iggeres Teiman by Rambam, and the Maamarimof the Alter Rebbe on the Parshiyos, Vol. I, p. 419.)

The above-quoted Gemara is speaking of the kind of calculation that could weaken people's faith in the coming of Mashiach (as in the above phrase, "he is not going to come"). By contrast, the only intention of the later scholars referred to was to fortify and arouse this faith - at historical periods in which our people's dire spiritual poverty demanded extraordinary measures which the Torah otherwise forbade.[483]

The latter attitude may also be perceived from a deeper perspective.

Throughout the entire exile, great tzaddikim are able to see how the avodah which Jews carry out at every day and moment comprises elements of the Redemption within itself and brings it nearer. At the end of every day they are able to discern in what measure the Redemption has become more revealed and the world more elevated. As these increments add up to a state of completeness, they reveal the year in which this growing completeness will be attained - the year of the ketz. Accordingly, between the announcement and the anticipated ketz, the avodah of the interim period must be upgraded to match that complete revelation.

It is thus clear that the observations of these tzaddikim do not involve any prohibition of calculating final dates. On the contrary: They see the great elevation that has been attained up to a certain point, and are therefore obliged to make this known in order to rouse people to upgrade their avodah.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 12:40:40 AM »
You may find this interesting considering we are nearing Purim time...

http://www.shemayisrael.co.il/parsha/orchards/archives/bereshis60.htm

Still gathering in information in understanding Tosefos' "Memuchan is Daniel" we go back to the Gemorah Megillah which discusses the predicted 70 years of the Babylonian exile. King Belshattsar assumed the count began with the reign of his grandfather Nebuchadnetsar who destroyed the first holy Temple. On the 70th year anniversary of grandpa’s rise to the throne Belshattsar saw the second Temple was not being rebuilt and he concluded Hashem had abandoned the Jews. He made a feast and brought out the vessels of the Temple. He died.

Achashveirosh knew from the words of the Prophet Jeremiah that Israel would be exiled to Babylon for 70 years. The verse does not hang redemption on the Babylonian king but on the Jews being in Babylon! Belshattsar's mistake was counting from the start of Nebuchadnetsar's reign. The third year of Achashveirosh's reign was 70 years since Nebuchadnetsar first exile of Jews! Now the exile should have come to an end. No Temple? Now Hashem has abandoned the Jews. Achashveirosh made a feast and brought out the vessels of the Temple! Vashti died.

Remarkably, the Gemorah says that Daniel also made the same accountings as the above two kings! But when those dates passed and the redemption hadn't Daniel knew he made the mistake. The times of the redemption are beyond the grasp of anyone since Yaakov. When Yaakov wanted to reveal that information to his sons it was taken from him and it’s been down hill since. The Rambam in the Laws of Kings says that Rebbe Akivah felt Bar Kochbah was the Mashiach and he was wrong. What does that have to do with any law? The Rambam wants us to know that while we wait for the king Mashiach, even the great Rebbe Akivah erred in the time of the redemption. And so Daniel came to conclude his book with a vision of two men, one whom asked the other, when will be the end of time? The other responded in a way Daniel did not understand. Daniel asked Hashem when will be the end? Hashem said, "They are obscured and sealed." [‘They’ (plural) refers to the time in it’s time and the time before it’s time.]

We hear and speak of dates and times that are special and befitting for the final redemption to take place, as Daniel thought of Belshattsar's and Achashveirosh's dates. But for the redemption to happen, we have to merit it. Daniel knew by these two landmark times for redemption having passed that Israel was lacking merit and he sought to bring just that to the scales.

Daniel reflected on Torah and history and understood we merited an early redemption from Egypt because we retained our language, etc. He grabbed the opportunity to have Achashveirosh send out an edict that the language of the husband should be spoken in the house. There is a halachic discussion in the Gemorah Megillah as to the fulfillment of the obligation to hear the Megillah on Purim. It must be heard in Hebrew. But in Aramaic is ok, too! Where is that from? From the Aramaic in the Megillah!! Where is that? In the words of the edict, “All the wives shall show respect to their husbands”!!! The word for ‘respect’- yakar- is Aramaic

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 02:00:08 AM »
So I talked with the guy at www.prophetofdoom.com/ www.yadayahweh.com (which he thinks is pronounced yah-ou-wah ?) and he thinks because of a passage in psalms (that now evades me) describing shoah, and then says this will be the last generation (100 years) meaning 2033. Assemble, Judaism experts, and tell me if this is when shiloh comes through.

Wrong.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 02:09:14 AM »
Wrong.

It could be... But we don't know... Unless you know for sure that is not the time...

Offline GunsAndRosesFan

• Senior JTFer
  • "In God We Trust In Him We Must Believe" (Stryper)
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 04:36:09 AM »
I actually like Craig Winn
Islam is a a cancer that threatens humanity with its complete intolerance, infinite jelousy and virulent odium.
Death to the cult of Satan! Death to Islam!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 06:39:01 AM »
Perhaps you felt so much hopelessness and now thinking, "when will he be here already".

This is a bad attitude.  Rather it is better to pray, work, get married, and have children to occupy that space is hopelessness.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 08:53:01 AM »
“The Sages and prophets did not yearn for the Messianic Era in order
that [the Jews] rule over the entire world, nor in order that they have
dominion over the gentiles, nor that they be exalted through them, nor in
order that they eat, drink and celebrate. Rather, their aspiration was that
[the Jews] be free to involve themselves in Torah and its wisdom,
without anyone to oppress or disturb them, and thus be found worthy of
life in the World to Come”. (Rambam Mishne Torah, Laws of Kings)
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 09:08:46 AM »
I think it's a good thing that we don't know exactly how to pronounce God's name these days because it helps keep people from using it blasphemously or frivolously.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 09:11:40 AM »
I'll take a stab at this one...

Thats what oj simpson said.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 12:51:20 PM »
Thats what oj simpson said.

That was harsh. XD

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 12:59:51 PM »
“The Sages and prophets did not yearn for the Messianic Era in order
that [the Jews] rule over the entire world, nor in order that they have
dominion over the gentiles, nor that they be exalted through them, nor in
order that they eat, drink and celebrate. Rather, their aspiration was that
[the Jews] be free to involve themselves in Torah and its wisdom,
without anyone to oppress or disturb them, and thus be found worthy of
life in the World to Come”. (Rambam Mishne Torah, Laws of Kings)
I semi agree Tag. If everyone followed the 613 laws wouldn't the animal kingdom become unbalanced? There would be more pigs then muzzy pigs. On the other hand I think following as many of the laws as possbile can only lead to good.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 01:25:39 PM »
Clever, but the canines and felines would compensate. Left to its own devices, I'm pretty sure the animal kingdom is virtually perfect. If a tiger mauls a gazelle, is was supposed to happen in that way at that time in order for the system to continue to survive. There is practically no choice. Free-will is the developemnt, and if we don't choose to create a g-dly instinct, all our choices thereafter are very doomed.
how would you stop the increased numbers of felines and canines from making an easy target out of your herd?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 02:50:27 PM »
With great power, great good or great bad happens. When there is a great good, a great bad will attempt to snuflle it. That is good. We want people to choose sides. People used Torah and Kaballah for bad. Would it be better if there wasn't any?

Rhetorical question when you say it out loud, so I re-state: I want to know, and I don't use his potentially erronoeous name in vain.

Jews do not pronounce the name. We say "Adonai' in place of the name when reading it.

We do not know the pronunciation of the name at this time. It is said that some great Rabbis have kept this pronunciation so that when the Temple is rebuilt we can resume the service on Yom Kippur {The only time the name is pronounced}.

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/jewfaq/name.htm

The Significance of Names

In Jewish thought, a name is not merely an arbitrary designation, a random combination of sounds.  The name conveys the nature and essence of the thing named.  It represents the history and reputation of the being named.

This is not as strange or unfamiliar a concept as it may seem at first glance.  In English, we often refer to a person's reputation as his "good name".  When a company is sold, one thing that may be sold is the company's "good will", that is, the right to use the company's name.  The Hebrew concept of a name is very similar to these ideas.

An example of this usage occurs in Exodux 3,13-22:  Moses asks G-d what His "name" is.  Moses is not asking "what should I call you"; rather, he is asking "who are you; what are you like; what have you done".  That is clear from G-d's response.  G-d replies that He is eternal, that He is the G-d of our ancestors, that He has seen our affliction and will redeem us from bondage.

Another example of this usage is the concepts of chillul Ha-Shem and kiddush Ha-Shem.  An act that causes G-d or Judaism to come into disrespect or a commandment to be disobeyed is often referred to as "chillul Ha-Shem", profanation of The Name.  Clearly, we are not talking about a harm done to a word; we are talking about harm to a reputation.  Likewise, any deed that increases the respect accorded to G-d or Judaism is referred to as "kiddush Ha-Shem", sanctification of The Name.

Because a name represents the reputation of the thing named, a name should be treated with the same respect as the thing's reputation.  For this reason, G-d's Names, in all of their forms, are treated with enormous respect and reverence in Judaism.

The Names of God

The most important of God's Names is the four-letter Name represented by the Hebrew letters Yod-Heh-Vav-Heh (Hashem).  It is often referred to as the Ineffable Name, the Unutterable Name or the Distinctive Name.  Linguistically, it is related to the Hebrew root Heh-Yod-Heh (to be), and reflects the idea that God's existence is eternal.  In scripture, this Name is used when discussing God's relation with human beings, and when emphasizing his qualities of lovingkindness and mercy.  It is frequently shortened to Yah (Yod-Heh), Yahu or Yeho (Yod-Heh-Vav), especially when used in combination with names or phrases, as in Yehoshua (Joshua, meaning the LORD is Salvation), Eliyahu (Elijah, meaning my God is the LORD), and Halleluyah (praise the LORD).

The first Name used for God in scripture is Elohim.  In form, the word is a masculine plural.  The same word (or, according to Maimonides, a homonym of it) is used to refer to princes, judges, other gods, and other powerful beings.  This Name is used in scripture when emphasizing God's might, His creative power, and his attributes of justice and rulership.  Variations on this name include El, Eloah, Elohai (my God), and Eloheynu (our God).

God is also known as El Shaddai.  This Name is usually translated as "God Almighty", however, the derivation of the word "Shaddai" is not known.  According to some views, it is derived from the root meaning to heap benefits.  According to a Midrash, it means, "The One who said 'dai'" ("dai" meaning enough or sufficient) and comes from the idea that when God created the universe, it expanded until He said "DAI!" (perhaps the first recorded theory of an expanding universe?).  The name Shaddai is the one written on the mezuzah scroll.  Some note that Shaddai is an acronym of Shomer Daltot Yisrael, Guardian of the Doors of Israel.

Another significant Name of God is Hashem Tzva'ot.  This Name is normally translated as LORD of Hosts.  The word "tzva'ot" means hosts in the sense of a military grouping or an organized array.  The Name refers to God's leadership and sovereignty.  Interestingly, this Name is rarely used in scripture.  It never appears in the Torah (i.e., the first five books).  It appears primarily in the prophe

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 03:46:15 PM »
Perdators fight amongst themselves until balence. Regardless, an overpopulation of pigs would decimate the grubs and even themselves out. In nature, pigs are boars anyhow, they aren't herds of domesticated beasts, so there would be less if they were not raised.
I agree with you about the balance of nature. Still there are creatures on earth that can decimate an environment. Wild boars for example can survive on about anything And while burrowing for food they will tear up your crops and soil. Lions, wolves, and coyotes would much rather go after calves, sheep, chickens that are in captivity. Opposed to wasting energy on a wild boar.

PS What is your religion and why are you so insistent on knowing the name of Hashem?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 04:01:41 PM »
Hashem says to call on his name specifically in times of need. I do it in my head, to be safe. What gives any rabbi the need to withhold it? Let fools use it in vain and die, I use it to pray that others might live. I'll blow up the new abomination of our desolaton myself if that's what it takes, but I want to know, everything I learn of g-d makes me love him that much more. If others copy that, then it's his name that is the first step towards shiloh.

Why do you have to say I can't?? Now I must find out, with or without you.

Are you pure? Have you purified yourself according to Halacha? If you have come in contact with dead humans or animals you may require being cleansed {which is not possible today}. Actually we all are impure at this time.

Do you have complete mastery of your emotions? Do you have impure thoughts? {We all do}... Because of these things it is a good thing that we do not know the pronunciation of the name. I don't trust anyone who has not gone through ritual purification...

http://www.torah.org/learning/perceptions/5759/terumah.html

http://www.torah.org/learning/perceptions/5767/chayeisarah.html

http://www. torahanytime.com/scripts/media.php?file=media/Rabbi/Meir_Gavriel_Elbaz/2011-12-27/The_Laws_of_Uttering_Hashems_Ineffable_Name/Rabbi__Meir_Gavriel_Elbaz__The_Laws_of_Uttering_Hashems_Ineffable_Name__2011-12-27.wmv

http://www.torah.org/features/secondlook/ineffable.html

About how the name is used in the temple service on Yom Kippur:

http://www.templeinstitute.org/yom_kippur/ineffable.htm

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 06:36:59 PM »
Thank you for the links. Isn't it only if you present yourself to the altar that you die? I only read some Torah, and a bit of Talmud, so please teach me if I am wrong, and I bless you for it.

I will attempt to help you with your questions but the best thing, IMO, is for you to find a good Orthodox rabbi and a prayer group/minyan with which you can daven/pray. I made teshuva about seven years ago and have been involved with the yearly Torah cycle seven times {and the associated study of the sages}. I also study about 2 hours a day via online Rabbis on TorahAnyTime, Chabad, Aish, and others...

Join in some of the discussions in the Torah and Jewish Idea forum...

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 07:09:14 PM »
I semi agree Tag. If everyone followed the 613 laws wouldn't the animal kingdom become unbalanced? There would be more pigs then muzzy pigs. On the other hand I think following as many of the laws as possbile can only lead to good.

First of all, not everyone needs or would follow the whole Torah, just the Jews and those gentiles (converts) who want to take such a mission.
 And even with your statement, hypothetically if it were true, the balance would actually be the opposite. Their would be less pigs because less people would demand it, thus leading to less farmers taking care of them and less of them existing (besides those few in the natural habitats).  It is just like the cows. Their are many because we consume them.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 09:52:01 PM »
First of all, not everyone needs or would follow the whole Torah, just the Jews and those gentiles (converts) who want to take such a mission.
 And even with your statement, hypothetically if it were true, the balance would actually be the opposite. Their would be less pigs because less people would demand it, thus leading to less farmers taking care of them and less of them existing (besides those few in the natural habitats).  It is just like the cows. Their are many because we consume them.
I agree! But does it hurt to do a little extra?

Tag my whole point is that humans are part of the balance of the animal kingdom. Hashem gave Noah the animals to use, but the Jews have to follow stricter laws. Jews can’t hunt or use none split hoofed animals. Noachides can so in return they are making up the difference. On the point of wild hogs they can multiply quickly and cause a lot of damage. Look what they have done in the southern U.S.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 10:03:30 PM »
Wild beasts are not a big problem anymore. AA-12=:). Make a coat.

I am Jewish, and I want to know because I don't.
Im going to leave it at this… I do not kill animals for fun! And some of us find the slaughter of animals for their hide very insulting!

I don’t know where you live, but I can go out any night and hear or see wild beasts

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2012, 10:06:46 PM »
I must be the only Hillbilly on the forum!

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 10:14:50 PM »
Ephraim this is explained (and I got the idea from) further in the book Perik Shera (on the part of the cow)
 http://www.amazon.com/Perek-Shirah-Rabbi-Natan-Slifkin/dp/9655240339/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1330571564&sr=8-5

I personally recommend it for both Jews and Gentiles, book on nature and book on the love and connection to G-D and seeing G-d through the natural world that He created and maintains.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 10:19:17 PM »
Ephraim this is explained (and I got the idea from) further in the book Perik Shera (on the part of the cow)
 http://www.amazon.com/Perek-Shirah-Rabbi-Natan-Slifkin/dp/9655240339/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1330571564&sr=8-5

I personally recommend it for both Jews and Gentiles, book on nature and book on the love and connection to G-D and seeing G-d through the natural world that He created and maintains.
Thanks Tag I will read it!