Author Topic: The sad state of the world...  (Read 3528 times)

Allen-T

The sad state of the world...
« on: June 24, 2007, 07:47:59 AM »
I was walking up my street this morning from the bus stop and noticed a mangled book in the street. As I got closer to it It appeared to be a Bible and in fact it was. I straightened it out, fixed the pages and opened it to the first page where it was clear that it had been given to someone who had attended some church somewhere for the very first time. I just wonder what transpired between the giving of the gift and it's winding up in the street all mangled.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: The sad state of the world...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 08:12:14 AM »
I was walking up my street this morning from the bus stop and noticed a mangled book in the street. As I got closer to it It appeared to be a Bible and in fact it was. I straightened it out, fixed the pages and opened it to the first page where it was clear that it had been given to someone who had attended some church somewhere for the very first time. I just wonder what transpired between the giving of the gift and it's winding up in the street all mangled.
Thats a sad story Allen-T. Why would they take the Bible in the first place only to toss it on the street like that. Lets have some wishful thinking and believe the owner only misplaced it instead of tossing it to the side. At any rate at least its in good hands now.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 08:22:28 AM »
Worst happens.....

Its shaming when people in 3rd world countries, living with nothing more then a tin roof over their heads, treasure their holy books. I watched a documentry not long ago about a family living in the pits in  Russia, they wrapped up their one bible with beautiful cloth every night and when they got it out to read, turned the pages delicately and you could see that it had been read a many times. When such things are limited they become precious, but when we have the indulgences of this world before our eyes, religion is tossed aside.

Allen-T

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 08:29:31 AM »
Worst happens.....

Its shaming when people in 3rd world countries, living with nothing more then a tin roof over their heads, treasure their holy books. I watched a documentry not long ago about a family living in the pits in  Russia, they wrapped up their one bible with beautiful cloth every night and when they got it out to read, turned the pages delicately and you could see that it had been read a many times. When such things are limited they become precious, but when we have the indulgences of this world before our eyes, religion is tossed aside.

Yup. :'(

newman

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 11:26:31 AM »
Bible destruction like this happens because over- enthusiastic missionaries hand out bibles willy nilly to every stray bugger who comes along. They should make sure prospects are in some way commited before giving them anything that has G_d's name on it.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 02:24:12 PM »
Newman, no one can never be sure about anyones sincerity and a person may seem sincere in front of you just to be polite and when your back is turned, still trash what is holy.

Allen-T

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 02:28:11 PM »
Bible destruction like this happens because over- enthusiastic missionaries hand out bibles willy nilly to every stray bugger who comes along. They should make sure prospects are in some way commited before giving them anything that has G_d's name on it.

My wife said the exact same thing this morning. Years ago I drove a cab. When I would be out hunting for records in the usual spots, flea markets, garage sales, etc. I used to always buy cheap Bibles for $1 or so. Then, when I found people in the cab that were into talking about God, I'd offer them one. But usually only if they really seemed interested.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 03:58:29 PM »
Let's give Korans out for free... then THEY'D get trashed   ;D

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 04:02:50 PM »
Is it good to buy bibles, shouldn't there be no money made from it, or is the money just covering the printing costs?

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 04:10:01 PM »
That is sad.

Allen-T

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 04:31:43 PM »
Is it good to buy bibles, shouldn't there be no money made from it, or is the money just covering the printing costs?

Some Bible are very thorough with cross references,study guides,concordances, etc. I guess the people who create that material should get paid for their efforts. Here is an interesting story about one Bible I found. I had for several years a Chinese Bible that I picked up somewhere. I had it with me in Europe. I had this friend[Ken] who was an atheist. I had spoken to him a few times over several years but he always rejected G-d and made jokes. He lived a very immoral life. I was at another friends restaurant one afternoon and I hadn't seen Ken in awhile and Ken shows up with one of his workers, a fellow from Mongolia. So we are hanging out talking about this and that and the Mongolian man is very interested in G-d, though he is a Buddhist. Ken is as usual scouring at the conversation. So this Mongolian man speaks and reads Chinese and I offer him this Chinese Bible. He is very happy about that. So, I tell Ken that I will drop off the Bible with his wife at her clothing shop the next morning, and he can get it from her and give to his worker[I forget his name]. But later that night I started to have reservations, I really doubted they would give it to him. Ken's wife in fact practiced white witchcraft. But I didn't know how else to get the Bible to the guy, Ken's business wasn't near my home, I didn't really know where it was, etc. So I figured to just pray that he'd get it. The next morning I became unexplainably paralyzed from the waist down, my back just froze. I could barely move and I was in terrible pain for several days, couldn't walk etc. After about 3 days of being bed ridden, I woke up and bam, I was fine. So I put my clothes on and toddle downstairs to buy some bread and lo and behold, the Mongolian man is standing right in front of my flat!!! So I ran upstairs and fetched the Bible and handed it to him directly!!! I have no doubt G-d crippled me so I wouldn't move until that man was there. True story.  PS, Ken died shortly after that in a horrible accident. He drove while drunk and collided with a train at a crossing with a faulty signal. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 04:45:19 PM by Allen-T »

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 04:40:02 PM »

Some Bible are very thorough with cross references,study guides,concordances, etc. I guess the people who create that material should get paid for their efforts. Here is an interesting story about one Bible I found. I had for several years a Chinese Bible that I picked up somewhere. I had it with me in Europe. I had this friend[Ken] who was an atheist. I had spoken to him a few times over several years but he always rejected G-d and made jokes. He lived a very immoral life. I was at another friends restaurant one afternoon and I hadn't seen Ken in awhile and Ken shows up with one of his workers, a fellow from Mongolia. So we are hanging out talking about this and that and the Mongolian man is very interested in G-d, though he is a Buddhist. Ken is as usual scouring at the conversation. So this Mongolian man speaks and reads Chinese and I offer him this Chinese Bible. He is very happy about that. So, I tell Ken that I will drop off the Bible with his wife at her clothing shop the next morning, and he can get it from her and give to his worker[I forget his name]. But later that night I started to have reservations, I really doubted they would give it to him. Ken's wife in fact practiced white witchcraft. But I didn't know how else to get the Bible to the guy, Ken's business wasn't near my home, I didn't really know where it was, etc. So I figured to just pray that he'd get it. The next morning I became unexplainably paralyzed from the waist down, my back just froze. I could barely move and I was in terrible pain for several days, couldn't walk etc. After about 3 days of being bed ridden, I woke up and bam, I was fine. So I put my clothes on and toddle downstairs to buy some bread and lo and behold, the Mongolian man is standing right in front of my flat!!! So I ran upstairs and fetched the Bible and handed it to him directly!!! I have no doubt G-d crippled me so I wouldn't move until that man was there. True story. 

:o :o That is truly amazing...........did you resume contact with the mongolian man at all?

Ken's wife practiced white witchcraft! I never knew such an evil thing still existed......

Allen-T

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 04:43:59 PM »

Some Bible are very thorough with cross references,study guides,concordances, etc. I guess the people who create that material should get paid for their efforts. Here is an interesting story about one Bible I found. I had for several years a Chinese Bible that I picked up somewhere. I had it with me in Europe. I had this friend[Ken] who was an atheist. I had spoken to him a few times over several years but he always rejected G-d and made jokes. He lived a very immoral life. I was at another friends restaurant one afternoon and I hadn't seen Ken in awhile and Ken shows up with one of his workers, a fellow from Mongolia. So we are hanging out talking about this and that and the Mongolian man is very interested in G-d, though he is a Buddhist. Ken is as usual scouring at the conversation. So this Mongolian man speaks and reads Chinese and I offer him this Chinese Bible. He is very happy about that. So, I tell Ken that I will drop off the Bible with his wife at her clothing shop the next morning, and he can get it from her and give to his worker[I forget his name]. But later that night I started to have reservations, I really doubted they would give it to him. Ken's wife in fact practiced white witchcraft. But I didn't know how else to get the Bible to the guy, Ken's business wasn't near my home, I didn't really know where it was, etc. So I figured to just pray that he'd get it. The next morning I became unexplainably paralyzed from the waist down, my back just froze. I could barely move and I was in terrible pain for several days, couldn't walk etc. After about 3 days of being bed ridden, I woke up and bam, I was fine. So I put my clothes on and toddle downstairs to buy some bread and lo and behold, the Mongolian man is standing right in front of my flat!!! So I ran upstairs and fetched the Bible and handed it to him directly!!! I have no doubt G-d crippled me so I wouldn't move until that man was there. True story. 

:o :o That is truly amazing...........did you resume contact with the mongolian man at all?

Ken's wife practiced white witchcraft! I never knew such an evil thing still existed......
Yes, a few times. the Mongolian man's wife made handmade leather goods and I think my wife bought something from her. White witchcraft is supposedly witchcraft to do "good", but of course the Bible forbids ALL forms of witchcraft. Oh, by the way, Ken died shortly after that last visit. He was drunk and drove into a moving train at a crossing. 

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 06:24:36 PM »
Hey, who needs the "spirits" when you have GOD!!!!
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline Until Shiloh Comes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2007, 06:39:06 PM »
Worst happens.....

Hello Sarah, and good day to you.

This is very well written, and a moving account of the differences between those who are given, and those who earn.   It's unfortunate that this country has, to a certain degree, turned its citizens into individuals who expect far more from others than they expect from themselves.

With kindest regards until Shiloh comes,
Christopher
Psalm 53:2 "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no G-D.'"

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 02:30:35 PM »
Worst happens.....

Hello Sarah, and good day to you.

This is very well written, and a moving account of the differences between those who are given, and those who earn.   It's unfortunate that this country has, to a certain degree, turned its citizens into individuals who expect far more from others than they expect from themselves.

With kindest regards until Shiloh comes,
Christopher
Quite right. ;D