Author Topic: Eggs boild is human urine are a delicacy in China.  (Read 2509 times)

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Eggs boild is human urine are a delicacy in China.
« on: April 01, 2012, 11:16:47 AM »
Not an April’s fools joke.

I think it's safe to eat since the urine is boiled for hours but I just don't understand how they don't puke their heart out just from the smell.

http://www.reuters.com/video/2012/03/29/urine-eggs-a-delicacy-in-china?videoId=232498145&videoChannel=2602

<object type='application/x-shockwave-flash' data='http://www.reuters.com/resources_v2/flash/video_embed.swf?videoId=232498145&edition=BETAUS' id='rcomVideo_232498145' width='460' height='259'> <param name='movie' value='http://www.reuters.com/resources_v2/flash/video_embed.swf?videoId=232498145&edition=BETAUS'></param> <param name='allowFullScreen' value='true'></param> <param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'></param> <param name='wmode' value='transparent'></param> <embed src='http://www.reuters.com/resources_v2/flash/video_embed.swf?videoId=232498145&edition=BETAUS' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' allowfullscreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always' width='460' height='259' wmode='transparent'></embed> </object>

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Eggs boild is human urine are a delicacy in China.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 11:32:53 AM »
Me too. This is seriously over the top.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline USAReturn2GodNow1776

• Pro JTFer
  • proud christian & kahanist
    • the urban grind
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 11:35:22 AM »
Wow, how strange. Apparently they are known as "virgin boy eggs" and are said to be good for your health. For example, they are believed to relieve heat stroke. They're boiled in the urine of elementary-school aged boys (hence the “virgin boy” part). The urine for the boiling is collected from the toilets of nearby schools, preferably from boys under 10 years old, according to Reuters’ report.

As an American, my reaction is  :yuck:

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 11:51:03 AM »
The title "virgin boys eggs" sort of suggests that the main ingredient is even worse , at least for a hebrew speaker like myself.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 12:38:44 PM »
The title "virgin boys eggs" sort of suggests that the main ingredient is even worse , at least for a hebrew speaker like myself.

In my language it suggests the same.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 12:54:47 PM »
I'm waiting for the..... 'April Fools!'

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 12:59:13 PM »
Boiling urine does NOT remove the waste products contained therein.  It simply concentrates them!  (Or if you boil it long enough for all the water to go off, you'll be left with a solid containing urea, creatinine etc.    So for sure these people are eating urea, a human waste product which is removed by the kidney.

Since the disease gout is often associated with elevated levels of circulating uric acid, I wonder if these people will be more likely to get that disease or if a healthy kidney will simply just have extra work to do but handle it just fine.  In any case it is most certainly moronic to imbibe waste.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 01:23:48 PM »
This is not something I would ever eat willingly.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 07:13:16 AM »
Mmmmmmmmmm.....does it include lead?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 07:18:09 AM »
Mmmmmmmmmm.....does it include lead?

...maybe with a mercury based dipping sauce?
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 10:55:55 AM »
It is probably pretty harmless but is still gross.

Offline BritishSword

• Pro JTFer
    • Lawful Rebellion
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 07:09:57 PM »
It isnt an april fools.
I saw a video about this ages ago when I was researching wierd foods.

So basically with the cooking process, the whole egg is yellow not just the middle.

Yummy.
Theres one old chinese lady who's addicted and can't get enough of them apparently.
I'm British. I'm Sharp.  I'm Deadly.
I am BritishSword

6a55022f0e321cd66b22318630573230965751cf

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 08:13:14 PM »
It apparently has some cultural value for them. Most cultures have some kind of food that's intimidating to outsiders but enjoyed by insiders. That's really taking it to an extreme though.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 09:34:07 PM »
It apparently has some cultural value for them. Most cultures have some kind of food that's intimidating to outsiders but enjoyed by insiders. That's really taking it to an extreme though.

This makes Gefilte Fish sound absolutely tasty!

PS: I love Gefilte fish but many people have problems with it...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 08:11:54 AM »
This makes Gefilte Fish sound absolutely tasty!

PS: I love Gefilte fish but many people have problems with it...

That's a good example Muman. I've been told one of the challenging foods Texans have is chicken fried steak. Apparently that disgusts a lot of people from outside the culture. lol

I've never had gefilte fish but I'd be willing to try it some time.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 12:50:04 PM »
That's a good example Muman. I've been told one of the challenging foods Texans have is chicken fried steak. Apparently that disgusts a lot of people from outside the culture. lol

I've never had gefilte fish but I'd be willing to try it some time.

Fried steak is something I will definitly try. The filled fish I have already eaten and it was not bad. This two dishes are not disgusting at all.

The people of today have lots of dislikes, that are irrational. Instead of bad behaviour like this, they should be thankfull to god for the good presents he gives them everyday. Before even 100 years, everybody Jew or Gentile would be very happy to eat the filled fish or the fried steak, because this was a feast.

Of cause this has nothing to do with the wicked dish of the nutrition mixed with urine.  :yuck:

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 11:46:31 PM »
This does not surprise me. In the Philippines they eat boiled eggs with the semi-developed baby chick inside. In some places in China, they serve real bird's nests in soups. In Korea they serve small octopus that you swallow live and whole (and people have died from the octopus getting stuck by their tentacles on their way down).
In other places, people make coffee out of coffee beans that were passed through the digestive system of a little jungle animal that feasts on the coffee beans.

Yes I like gefilte fish... I'll take it any day.

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, 03:04:19 AM »
This does not surprise me. In the Philippines they eat boiled eggs with the semi-developed baby chick inside. In some places in China, they serve real bird's nests in soups. In Korea they serve small octopus that you swallow live and whole (and people have died from the octopus getting stuck by their tentacles on their way down).
In other places, people make coffee out of coffee beans that were passed through the digestive system of a little jungle animal that feasts on the coffee beans.

Yes I like gefilte fish... I'll take it any day.
I've heard of those dishes. I think in the bird's nest soup they sieve out most of the filth and the twigs of the nest, what they are after is the "cement" (made from the saliva of that bird).

I've watched videos on youtube about the live octopus and it seems the proper way to prepare it is by cutting off the top half of its head where its brain must be. Then when soy sauce is poured on the decapped octopus its nerves and muscles react but I don't think it's alive.

The coffee you mentioned I think it comes from indonesia mainly and it's considered top quality.