Author Topic: Should there be a "no proselytizing to Jews" rule for the JTF?  (Read 5893 times)

newman

Re: Should there be a "no proselytizing to Jews" rule for the JTF?
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2007, 03:49:54 AM »
if it is a rule, it is a rule.

but come on...don't get so offended so easily when a Christian comes up to you to talks about the glory of Jesus. Big deal.  YOu know what happens afterwards? We say, "No thank you" and then they answer, "Gd bless you I'll pray for you..." and then you respond, "Gd bless you too and I'll pray for you too."

woopee woa...la dee da.  When the messiah comes...it won't matter if it is the second coming or the first coming...it's a messiah and a good thing...

I agree with you, danny, but the problem is that some Christians are impatient to wait for the Messiah and they want "salvation" now.

Listen, Chabad want the moshiach now also...some are pretty agressive out there..but you know what? I love them for it....the Christians who do this aren't to blame..It is ourselves as Jews.

I listened. Now you listen.

For 70 years the official religion of Soviet Union had been atheism, and thus any kind of religiousness was not only discouraged, but even punished.

Right before the collapse of this evil empire, in 1990, my father came back from Moscow and brought with himself a Christian Bible, which he got from the first foreign missioners, whom Gorbachev allowed in as a sign of adherence to the new “democratic” changes.

That was the first religious book I held in my hands. My parents knew almost nothing of Judaism, except for keeping holidays etc.

Around the same time the first American movies and cartoons were demonstrated on the Russian TV. Many of them were about Jesus.

Believe it or not, despite my unawareness of the Jews vs Jesus thing, I still could not accept anything beyond the “Tanach”. It was not going through my throat. Despite my natural and absolutely unconscious rejection of the “New Testament”, I still felt being used by those early missionaries.

In the year of 2000, when I had learned “a little” about Judaism, I was approached by a Muslim, who suggested to me that I convert to Islam, because Islam believes in one G-d. I said to him that when Jews believed in One G-d, future Muslims were still praying to stones and animals, and I suggested to him to convert into Judaism instead.

In other words, my friends, to argue with Jews about their religion is the same as a stock broker arguing with a doctor about medicine.

amen amen

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
Re: Should there be a "no proselytizing to Jews" rule for the JTF?
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2007, 08:58:32 AM »
woopee woa...la dee da.  When the messiah comes...it won't matter if it is the second coming or the first coming...it's a messiah and a good thing...

This says it all right here!!!!!!!!!!BINGO Can we all get along again?? Please!
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!