Author Topic: Avoiding osteoarthritis  (Read 3024 times)

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
Avoiding osteoarthritis
« on: September 29, 2006, 01:34:41 PM »
Switching from

red meat
     pastry
     processed/packaged/canned food
     salt

to

fish
    fresh salads
    freshly-pressed veggie/fruit juice
    nuts
    seeds
    olive oil
    honey
    tea

has done wonders for my joints.

Also, if you have some joint problem, before you run to your orthopedist,
who is trained only to administer either drugs or cut a part of your joint,
consider giving prolotherapy a try.  It works, and it's natural.
Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.   --Thomas Mann

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
Re: Avoiding osteoarthritis
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 02:24:36 AM »
Osteoarthritis is caused by excessive wear and tear on the cartrilage in the joints so the cartilage errodes.  This is most commonly assosiated with old age since when you go through 80 years of life, some of your joints get worn.  In young people, it is usually a construction worker or a physical laborer that has it.   There is not medical cure for ostearthritis since the cartilage is can't be replaced.  The only thing you can do is to treat the symptoms by giving pain killers and possibly steroids to treat the inflammation.  So I am curious how your advice would do anything to prevent osteoarthritis?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 02:26:25 AM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 10:32:55 PM »
Osteoarthritis is caused by excessive wear and tear on the cartrilage in the joints so the cartilage errodes.  This is most commonly assosiated with old age since when you go through 80 years of life, some of your joints get worn.  In young people, it is usually a construction worker or a physical laborer that has it.   There is not medical cure for ostearthritis since the cartilage is can't be replaced.  The only thing you can do is to treat the symptoms by giving pain killers and possibly steroids to treat the inflammation.  So I am curious how your advice would do anything to prevent osteoarthritis?
Not accurate.  Even if you are young, and you eat a lot of garbage that gets
deposited in your joints (i.e. salt), or you have weak ligaments and tendons,
you can get osteoarthritis.  BELIEVE ME, it's not only age-dependent.

My advice to deal with osteoarthritis is not surgery but rather prolotherapy.
Look it up online.
Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.   --Thomas Mann

Scriabin

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 11:14:37 AM »
I believe wholeheartedly in the importance of joint EXPANSION, especially with regards to the spine.  Every joint in the body has the ability to expand and to contract.  When a joint expands, a small amount of fluid is released, maintaining optimal performance.  This is the action of a healthy joint.

The expansion of the spine is essential to good health, because it is the link between the brain and body.  Too often, people compress their spine, resulting in numerous health problems.  Instead, one should get into the habit of elongating the spine. 

Imagine that a string is tied to the top of your head and is being pulled to the sky.  At the same time, tuck your hips.  The tucking of the hips is opposite to sticking one's butt out.   Sticking ones butt out causes the joints of the lower back compress, creating pain and severe back problems. 

To give you an idea of what the proper elongation of the lower spine feels like, lie on your back and pull your knees to your chest.  Now, doesn't that feel better.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 09:27:32 PM »
Thanks for the advice! Now for jdl4ever, you're probably a muslim just trying to give us wrong information.

My source of information is "Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine" sixth edition, which lists the most up to date information about medical diseases and therapies & it is the most widely used text by pysicians.  I suggest you don't google information about medicine like the above posters since 99% of people have no clue about real medical science (The stuff you eat doesn't get into your joints and salt conc. is tightly controlled by the hypothalamus and adrenal gland...the only accurate thing said was about elongating the spine).  Buy this book if you REALLY want to know about medicine.  But I warn you that it is almost 3,000 pages long so no it is not an easy read. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 09:29:35 PM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 01:40:35 PM »
a 1000 IU 'S of VITAMIN D DAILY
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 06:52:21 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 06:11:10 PM »
My joints can click an awful lot at times, would this be a sign of arthiritis?

There is also such thing as arthiritis of the temple in which one goes through fazes of continous headaches.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 06:53:02 PM »
Well England is rainy
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03