Author Topic: Bad Trend - Deformed Judaism spreading like the plague  (Read 689 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Bad Trend - Deformed Judaism spreading like the plague
« on: May 22, 2012, 07:47:56 PM »
In Israel no less... I think this is a bad thing... Reform is the first step toward complete assimilation of the Jewish people.

Homosexual Rabbis, Female Rabbis, Women wearing mens clothing, Driving on Shabbat, Using Electricity on Shabbat, complete rejection of Halacha, redefinition of who a Jew is {patrelinear descent}, and allowing non-Kosher food to be served... There is nothing Jewish about Reform except that they too eat bagels...

I thought that the Religious in Israel would prevent the spread of this sickness in the Holy Land. The fact that they are being allowed to spread is just another plague on the Jewish people.

http://www.jta.org/news/article/2012/05/22/3096191/is-the-israeli-rabbinate-reconciling-itself-to-non-orthodox-judaism

JERUSALEM (JTA) -- After a Jerusalem-area’s religious council allowed a female Reform rabbi to participate in its proceedings, some advocates of liberal Judaism in the country are hailing their inroads into the Orthodox-dominated religious infrastructure.

At the beginning of May, the Orthodox members of the religious council in Mevasseret Zion, a town west of Jerusalem, agreed to convene a meeting with the participation of Rabbi Alona Lisitsa. The 41-year-old rabbi is an immigrant from Kiev and received her rabbinic ordination from Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion in Jerusalem.

"This isn't just a victory for the Reform Movement," Lisitsa said. "This is a victory for democracy in Israel."

She speaks of the 200 dues-paying families in Kehilat Mevasseret and “many more” who come for a bar or bat mitzvah.

"Thousands attend our Yom Kippur prayers. We are easily the largest congregation in town," she said.

Like hundreds of similar bodies across the nation, Mevasseret Zion’s religious council allocates taxpayers' money for an array of religious services such as kashrut supervision, mikvah [ritual bath] maintenance, the building of synagogues and the payment of rabbis' salaries.

In a decision dating back to the 1990s, the Supreme Court ruled that the religious services minister, a portfolio traditionally held by a haredi Orthodox or Modern Orthodox Zionist political party member, could not disqualify a Reform or Conservative (Masorti) Israeli from serving on a religious council.

However, in nearly every city where a non-Orthodox representative was appointed to a religious council, the remaining Orthodox members of the body refused to cooperate. As a result, in dozens of towns across the nation special "religious services supervisors" were appointed to replace the recalcitrant religious councils, essentially bypassing the Supreme Court decision.   

All religious Jews must resist the attempt of 'deformed' judaism to become accepted in the Holy Land. Hashem's very law, the Torah, clearly set out the laws which Jews are required to keep. Kashrut, Shabbat, Brit Milah, Family Purity and very important for the survival of the Jewish people. The deformed have done away with all the core Jewish values...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Bad Trend - Deformed Judaism spreading like the plague
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 08:05:54 PM »
Don't forget women wearing Kipas (yarmulkes)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 08:07:49 PM »
Don't forget women wearing Kipas (yarmulkes)

I group that into Women wearing mens clothing... The picture which accompanied that article had the 'Rabbi' wearing TzitTzits... This commandment was given to Moses to tell the men, not the women, to affix fringes to their garments. I don't believe there is any commandment for Women to wear them, and beside there is a commandment forbidding men from wearing womens, and women from wearing mens clothing...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 08:11:39 PM »
I group that into Women wearing mens clothing... The picture which accompanied that article had the 'Rabbi' wearing TzitTzits... This commandment was given to Moses to tell the men, not the women, to affix fringes to their garments. I don't believe there is any commandment for Women to wear them, and beside there is a commandment forbidding men from wearing womens, and women from wearing mens clothing...

Good point, Muman.  I was thinking at first it was covered under the rubric of female rabbis, but there are a host of non-gay Jewish women who arent rabbis sporting yarmulkes.  It's the oddest thing

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 08:27:47 PM »
Good point, Muman.  I was thinking at first it was covered under the rubric of female rabbis, but there are a host of non-gay Jewish women who arent rabbis sporting yarmulkes.  It's the oddest thing

I have full respect of Women who are Torah scholars and teachers. I listen to several very good Orthodox Jewish women who study Torah, or are the Rebbetzin {Rabbis Wife}... I believe women are fully capable of understanding the Torah and teaching it but I draw the line with the title Rabbi. The Rabbi has a special position in the shul. Men are the only ones who are OBLIGATED to do mitzvahs which are 'time bound' such as the daily prayers services. Women are not OBLIGATED to daven at proscribed times {since they often have other things to take care of such as taking care of the children and the home}. Also I support separate sections for men and women during davening because it is necessary to keep proper concentration during prayer to avoid mingling with women. I understand this as when I first started going to the 'liberal' shul there always would be women who would want to sit next to me and talk during the service. I found it very distracting and as a result I don't daven there anymore and found a PROPER 10 man minyan which davens with a Mechitsah {Partition} between the mens and womens section.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 08:35:42 PM »
I have full respect of Women who are Torah scholars and teachers. I listen to several very good Orthodox Jewish women who study Torah, or are the Rebbetzin {Rabbis Wife}... I believe women are fully capable of understanding the Torah and teaching it but I draw the line with the title Rabbi. The Rabbi has a special position in the shul. Men are the only ones who are OBLIGATED to do mitzvahs which are 'time bound' such as the daily prayers services. Women are not OBLIGATED to daven at proscribed times {since they often have other things to take care of such as taking care of the children and the home}. Also I support separate sections for men and women during davening because it is necessary to keep proper concentration during prayer to avoid mingling with women. I understand this as when I first started going to the 'liberal' shul there always would be women who would want to sit next to me and talk during the service. I found it very distracting and as a result I don't daven there anymore and found a PROPER 10 man minyan which davens with a Mechitsah {Partition} between the mens and womens section.

I dont have a problem with women doing everything you said and probably then some.  I just dont understand why a woman would elect to wear a kipa like she was a man if she is a heterosexual female.  Lesbian rabbis, I mean maybe, homosexuals exhibit cross gendered behaviors so this doesn't come as a surprise.  I'm not talking about religious norms in this instance, I'm talking about things that just defy all logic.  Seeing a woman with long flowing hair holding hands with her bf sporting a kipa is just bizarre.  I'm willing to admit that this might be my hangup