Author Topic: Shahar Peer at Wimbledon  (Read 2060 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Shahar Peer at Wimbledon
« on: June 29, 2007, 03:13:35 AM »

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: Shahar Peer at Wimbledon
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 01:44:38 PM »
I think she's sort of sexy, is it just me?  It could be because I have a thing for tennis players.  Her partner is a Muslim, I think that's OK as long as it's advantageous for her.  After all, if someone is friends with a Jew and wants to play tennis with one professionally despite the objections of the crazies back at home, how Muslim can she really be?
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 09:20:41 AM »
I think she's sort of sexy, is it just me?  It could be because I have a thing for tennis players.  Her partner is a Muslim, I think that's OK as long as it's advantageous for her.  After all, if someone is friends with a Jew and wants to play tennis with one professionally despite the objections of the crazies back at home, how Muslim can she really be?

I agree. 

I've also changed my opinion of Maria Sharapova.  I can't stand those commercials that were drooling over her during the 2006 US Open calling her "so pretty, so pretty..." 

So does that mean that Shaha Riza isn't much of a Muslim since Paul Wolfowitz was her bf?  Or that she basically disagrees with most of their views? 

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 10:25:24 AM »
You know, I think sport is overemphasized in our society. I am not against sport per se. It is healthy and makes for good recreation. It is also a good character-builder and helps in raising strong citizenry. What I am against is the fetishized and too prominent place it occupies in our society. There is something pagan about it - makes me think of gladiators, Roman "bread and shows," etc... If I were to become a member of a new government, I would not outlaw sport - but would definitely tone down its over-exaggerated and exalted position in the media and national consciousness. It would certainly not be something reported on the front page of newspapers.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 10:26:59 AM »
You know, I think sport is overemphasized in our society. I am not against sport per se. It is healthy and makes for good recreation. It is also a good character-builder and helps in raising strong citizenry. What I am against is the fetishized and too prominent place it occupies in our society. There is something pagan about it - makes me think of gladiators, Roman "bread and shows," etc... If I were to become a member of a new government, I would not outlaw sport - but would definitely tone down its over-exaggerated and exalted position in the media and national consciousness. It would certainly not be something reported on the front page of newspapers.

Often when professional athletes commit a crime, their punishment is too lenient.