Author Topic: You ever feel like G-ds punching bag?  (Read 760 times)

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
You ever feel like G-ds punching bag?
« on: August 22, 2012, 08:25:36 PM »
So my father and I have become somewhat close over the last months. He called today to tell me he has cancer again and there maybe nothing they can do. Like clock work!

Don't bother even praying G-d won't change his mind! I just had to tell my G-d loving friends how irritated I am!

Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Re: You ever feel like G-ds punching bag?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 08:33:15 PM »
בס''ד

Ephraim, I'm so sorry to hear this. I certainly will pray for your father. All of us will.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 08:39:37 PM »
I'm so very VERY sorry to hear this Ephraim :-( I went through the same thing with my father. I only have 2 words to say to you. NO REGRETS. If you love him, TELL HIM. If you've been proud of him, TELL HIM. Leave nothing unsaid that NEEDS to be said to make you BOTH proud of each other. Don't be afraid to talk to him. Cancer is AWFUL, hateful, as far as I'm concerned. I will keep you and your father in my prayers, please take care.
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 08:55:13 PM »
Ephraim, I am so sorry to hear this. I will pray for you and your father.

May he gain a speedy recovery!

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 08:58:15 PM »
Ephraim, I'm so sorry to hear this.  I'll pray for your father.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 09:05:50 PM »
I'm so very VERY sorry to hear this Ephraim :-( I went through the same thing with my father. I only have 2 words to say to you. NO REGRETS. If you love him, TELL HIM. If you've been proud of him, TELL HIM. Leave nothing unsaid that NEEDS to be said to make you BOTH proud of each other. Don't be afraid to talk to him. Cancer is AWFUL, hateful, as far as I'm concerned. I will keep you and your father in my prayers, please take care.

I agree with Arksis.... When it is your fathers time it will be his time... Spend what time you have now to resolve any issues. My father died in January 2010 and we had become very close over the last couple of years. I made sure my father knew I was proud of him, that I loved him despite his short-comings {which he confessed to me}, and that you are sure that his spirit will be safe and secure in the next world. My father died of prostate cancer...

What is even more difficult is that my step-father also has been struggling with cancer for the last four years. We believe it is in remission currently but it could come back at any time. He must be tested every couple of months to see if there is any new growth...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 09:24:35 PM »
Very upsetting to read.  I will be praying for your father. 

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 10:08:46 PM »
 :dance:

Ephraim, in spite of everything, don't lose faith. We are all praying for your father that he experiences a full, speedy recovery!

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 10:17:26 PM »
Oh Ephraim, I am so sorry to hear this. Our prayers are with you.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 10:40:07 PM »
My prayers are with your father!

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 10:49:29 PM »
My stepfather died of a brain tumor a few years ago. I can tell you it was the single most difficult thing I've gone through (aside from an illness that almost took my life). You should buy the book "Cancer is a Word not a Sentence"; you can probably get it for free. The title speaks for itself. I know how much it sucks. Nothing will likely make you feel better right now, but that book might be your only option. I hope I'm not sounding too harsh.