Author Topic: Upset about Ask JTF  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Upset about Ask JTF
« on: September 24, 2012, 01:17:45 AM »
Everybody,

I'm very upset about what happened with this week's Ask JTF. Last week he official thread was slow in getting posted so Tag-Mechir Tzedek opened one up here in General Discussion and several of us put our questions up on it:

http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,63928.0.html

The expectation that we all had was that when the official Ask JTF thread for this week was opened, the thread would be merged with it. But none of our questions were merged and a lot of us lost ours for the week. This really sucked. I think this was a pretty bad oversight and that those of us who lost our questions should get a second make-up question for next week. It would only be fair and just.

Thank you,
Brennanfan

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Upset about Ask JTF
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 02:15:40 AM »
I'm not able to sign in to the official thread so I didn't bother asking a question in either place because I figured that the alternate wouldn't be merged.

It might be good if you guys that posted in the alternate thread could abbreviate your questions for next time and still get them within the character limits so you can ask two. I think it would be nice if they let you do that. Of course since the alternate thread was unofficial it was kind of a use at your own risk type of thread. I think I was able to sign in to the new way of doing it once to ask a question but then after that I couldn't do it anymore so I can't ask any anymore unless it's updated somehow again.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 02:32:37 AM »
I'm not able to sign in to the official thread so I didn't bother asking a question in either place because I figured that the alternate wouldn't be merged.

It might be good if you guys that posted in the alternate thread could abbreviate your questions for next time and still get them within the character limits so you can ask two. I think it would be nice if they let you do that. Of course since the alternate thread was unofficial it was kind of a use at your own risk type of thread. I think I was able to sign in to the new way of doing it once to ask a question but then after that I couldn't do it anymore so I can't ask any anymore unless it's updated somehow again.
I definitely think Chaim, Lisa, DBN, etc. need to address this. What happened was really unfair to us, and if you cannot use the system at all, then it definitely needs to be altered.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 05:40:12 AM »
I had a problem once to post a question through the new procedure but most of the times it functions properly. So it's worth to try again if it didn't work for you.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 01:46:53 PM »
בס''ד

The new thread for Ask JTF each week is started by the first person posting a question. If you see don't see the new thread, post your question and the thread will open with your first question.

I am sorry that there was some confusion here. I never even saw the thread that Tag Mechir Tzedek opened. And in the thread itself, Tag Mechir realized that he could post in the Ask JTF section and so he moved his question over there. YimachshemotoObama did the same.

In any event, we don't want to see our great JTFers have any problems on this forum and so we will give those of you who missed out extra space for questions this week. I think three JTFers - Brennanfan, Muman and Rubystars - did not get their questions in. All three of you can post your questions this week in the usual way and then you can send me in a personal message the second question or comment that doesn't fit and I will manually insert it so that you will have double the regular space.

I see that Rubystars is having trouble posting on the Ask JTF section - hopefully we can figure out a way to correct that. If Rubystars contacts Shlomo, we can try to see what the problem is.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 04:17:49 PM »
You know what happens when you assume...

I think the instructions for posting a question to Ask JTF are quite clear.
It was built that way to serve a purpose. 
I think we should all realize the amount of time and effort it takes for Chaim to produce the show.
We need to be less self centered and remember there is always next week.

Plus, if a person is having a problem posting to any thread they should notify Shlomo.
He dedicates a lot of time to JTF and is always responsive to it's members.
Everybody,

I'm very upset about what happened with this week's Ask JTF. Last week he official thread was slow in getting posted so Tag-Mechir Tzedek opened one up here in General Discussion and several of us put our questions up on it:

http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,63928.0.html

The expectation that we all had
was that when the official Ask JTF thread for this week was opened, the thread would be merged with it. But none of our questions were merged and a lot of us lost ours for the week. This really sucked. I think this was a pretty bad oversight and that those of us who lost our questions should get a second make-up question for next week. It would only be fair and just.

Thank you,
Brennanfan

« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 04:32:11 PM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 04:34:49 PM »
בס''ד

The new thread for Ask JTF each week is started by the first person posting a question. If you see don't see the new thread, post your question and the thread will open with your first question.

I am sorry that there was some confusion here. I never even saw the thread that Tag Mechir Tzedek opened. And in the thread itself, Tag Mechir realized that he could post in the Ask JTF section and so he moved his question over there. YimachshemotoObama did the same.

In any event, we don't want to see our great JTFers have any problems on this forum and so we will give those of you who missed out extra space for questions this week. I think three JTFers - Brennanfan, Muman and Rubystars - did not get their questions in. All three of you can post your questions this week in the usual way and then you can send me in a personal message the second question or comment that doesn't fit and I will manually insert it so that you will have double the regular space.

I see that Rubystars is having trouble posting on the Ask JTF section - hopefully we can figure out a way to correct that. If Rubystars contacts Shlomo, we can try to see what the problem is.

Thank you... I had hoped my wishes would have made it into the last Ask JTF show... But I am not angry or disappointed. I am glad you recognize that in some way an error was made and will try to rectify it. Thank you very much...

May we be sealed in the book of life...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14