Author Topic: Billy Graham sort of endorses Romney, offers to help him  (Read 605 times)

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Billy Graham sort of endorses Romney, offers to help him
« on: October 11, 2012, 07:04:35 PM »
That's not a bad move at all. I think Billy Graham used to be a registered democrat.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/11/us-usa-campaign-romney-graham-idUSBRE89A1ND20121011

(Reuters) - Evangelical leader Billy Graham offered to help Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney on Thursday in what could prove to be a boost in getting evangelicals to turn out for the Republican in the November 6 election.

Graham, who will turn 94 next month, is one of the most recognized religious figures in the world and has been a spiritual adviser to a number of American presidents and political leaders. He has had talks with presidents going back to Harry Truman and President Barack Obama visited him in 2011.

Romney's motorcade made the trip up a winding mountain road to Graham's compound, where the former Massachusetts governor met with Graham and his son Franklin for about half an hour.

"What can I do for you?" Billy Graham asked Romney.

"Prayer is the most helpful thing you can do for me," Romney said.

Before the meeting ended, Graham led a prayer for Romney and said: "I'll do all I can to help you. And you can quote me on that."

Graham's support would be especially meaningful for Romney since some in the Christian right have been suspicious of Romney because of his Mormon religion. Despite any doubts, Christian conservatives seem energized for the opportunity to defeat the Democrat Obama in the November 6 election.

Romney made a comment to Graham that suggested he and Franklin, also a well-known evangelical leader and now head of the family's ministry, will try to turn out evangelical Christians for the Republican.

"What you're planning, what your son has shown me is going to be very, very helpful," Romney told Billy Graham. "And I appreciate that. It's going to be terrific."

A campaign official said among the topics discussed were religious freedom, religious persecution and growth of the Grahams' Christian ministry in China, Sudan and North Korea.

They also talked about Afghanistan. Franklin Graham's son has been deployed to Afghanistan three times.

(Editing By Alistair Bell and Bill Trott)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Billy Graham sort of endorses Romney, offers to help him
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 08:46:46 PM »
To a certain extent I think Billy Graham is a joke these days, but he is still tremendously influential.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 09:15:20 PM »

Rev. Billy Graham openly voiced a belief that Jews control the American media, calling it a "stranglehold" during a 1972 conversation with President Richard Nixon, according to a tape of the Oval Office meeting released Thursday by the National Archives.

"This stranglehold has got to be broken or the country's going down the drain," the nation's best-known preacher declared as he agreed with a stream of bigoted Nixon comments about Jews and their perceived influence in American life.

"You believe that?" Nixon says after the "stranglehold" comment.

"Yes, sir," Graham says.

"Oh, boy," replies Nixon. "So do I. I can't ever say that but I believe it."

"No, but if you get elected a second time, then we might be able to do something," Graham replies.
================================================================================

But, hey! If he can help Romney get elected, in spite of the above, then it's a good thing.  Although, I certainly have no love for Billy Graham, sorry.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 09:38:06 PM »

Rev. Billy Graham openly voiced a belief that Jews control the American media, calling it a "stranglehold" during a 1972 conversation with President Richard Nixon, according to a tape of the Oval Office meeting released Thursday by the National Archives.

"This stranglehold has got to be broken or the country's going down the drain," the nation's best-known preacher declared as he agreed with a stream of bigoted Nixon comments about Jews and their perceived influence in American life.

"You believe that?" Nixon says after the "stranglehold" comment.

"Yes, sir," Graham says.

"Oh, boy," replies Nixon. "So do I. I can't ever say that but I believe it."

"No, but if you get elected a second time, then we might be able to do something," Graham replies.
================================================================================

But, hey! If he can help Romney get elected, in spite of the above, then it's a good thing.  Although, I certainly have no love for Billy Graham, sorry.
I agree with you about Graham, which is why I said he's somewhat of a joke (among many other things), but do be aware that rense.com is a Nazi WN website.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 10:55:44 PM »
To a certain extent I think Billy Graham is a joke these days, but he is still tremendously influential.

He might be starting to turn around since he doesn't have much time left in this world.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt