Author Topic: Inspiring Music?  (Read 63293 times)

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Inspiring Music?
« Reply #150 on: October 16, 2013, 08:54:17 AM »
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #151 on: October 17, 2013, 12:12:18 AM »
For Christians

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #152 on: October 18, 2013, 02:01:58 AM »
For Jews :

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #153 on: October 18, 2013, 02:10:05 AM »
My aunt sent me this video the other day:

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #154 on: October 18, 2013, 02:14:37 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #155 on: October 18, 2013, 02:24:09 AM »
Some more Matisyahu.... I really like his 'old' stuff. It is hard to believe he has 'old' stuff because I was an early fan of his (back in 2004)...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #156 on: October 18, 2013, 02:29:22 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #157 on: October 25, 2013, 02:16:21 AM »
Time to 'BUMP' this thread back up to the top!

From Jewish Hip-Hop to gentile psychedelic rock... The Grateful Dead and a 14 minute 'Easy Answers Jam'! From a show in the 90's in Philly.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #158 on: October 25, 2013, 02:27:08 AM »
Thinking about the Dead makes me think about another great psycedelic band of the 90s.... PHISH...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2013, 02:39:19 AM »
One more from Phish...

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #161 on: November 01, 2013, 12:19:06 AM »
Some very talented Breslev Chassids play in Jerusalem a diverse mix of 60s-70s American Rock and some Hebrew tunes...

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #162 on: November 02, 2013, 08:12:00 PM »
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #163 on: November 02, 2013, 09:29:20 PM »

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2013, 09:48:40 PM »

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #165 on: November 02, 2013, 09:54:58 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2013, 01:02:05 AM »
Keep on bumping!

How about a top-ten Metallica songs contest?

Saw Metallica a couple of times in the 90s... Dominguez Hills was a lot of fun...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2013, 01:16:31 AM »
All right, I don't give up that easy, how about some more Metallica, or not!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2013, 01:49:10 AM »
Another...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2013, 01:59:43 AM »
Ok, now for something 'entirely' different... I wanted to post this video last week, when we read about the birth of Essau the brother of Jacob... The dead did a song which somewhat follows the bibles narrative (and deviates in other ways).

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2013, 02:14:05 AM »
I really cannot believe I am posting this video.... But here it goes anyway...

I gave up on Led Zepplin many years ago when I used to listen to FM radio. All the FM stations, even today, over-play Led Zepplin and especially the song 'Stairway to Heaven' and this is the reason I have not listened to Stairway to Heaven in over 10 years (except for once when I turned on my FM radio in my car and it was on).

But it occurs to me that the song 'Stairway to Heaven' could be a description of the Ladder which Jacob saw in his dream.

Now for a 'comedy' look at Stairway to Heaven:

Wow, that is not a coincidence.... Harry Belefonte did a rendition of 'Stairway to Heaven' on the K-Tel 'Stairways to Heaven' album... He was the last one listed in the advertisement.

And last but not least, a rendition of 'Jacobs Ladder' by Rush:

« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 02:25:23 AM by muman613 »

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2013, 08:16:33 PM »

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #172 on: November 10, 2013, 01:21:57 AM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                                           :fist:

Shalom Muman, thanks for the inspiring, upbeat music, particularly the Breslev Chassids,
 Grateful Dead, and among the greatest of heavy metal bands of all time Metallica!
                                                                                                                Shavua tov

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #173 on: November 14, 2013, 09:45:43 PM »

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #174 on: November 14, 2013, 09:57:17 PM »
Sorry for the Ron Paul 2012 bit at the end! It's a good song.