Author Topic: Case of Jonathan Pollard  (Read 508 times)

Offline Checkmate

• Junior JTFer
Case of Jonathan Pollard
« on: November 06, 2012, 06:10:24 PM »
What is a quick pre-election JTF survey of how a win in either camp, Obama and Romney, would bode for a commutation of sentence for Jonathan Pollard?
I think it is slim for both but I am interested in your take, esp. of Chaim Ben Pesach, if he is online.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
Re: Case of Jonathan Pollard
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 06:21:43 PM »
If Obama wanted to suck up to Jewish voters, he could have freed Pollard before the election. But then there would be no reason to vote for him. That's the only thing Obama can be used for. Other than that he is irrelvant, especially for Israeli leaders (Even if they want to meet with him. It's good G-d stopped Obama from meeting Netanyahu. His heart was hardened like Pharaoh.).

Offline Checkmate

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 07:13:19 PM »
If Obama commuted Pollard's sentence before the election, it would be so obvious that it were a ploy for Jewish votes that it would embarrass him out of existence.  He would only commute him after the election and only after his term in office.  That means that if reelected, he will  only commute him after four years, in 2017, on his last day in office.  Only if he loses will he commute his on his last day in office in 2013 and that's if he feels generous.  If he doesn't, Romney might commute him after 8 years.  There is nothing saying that Romney is a great Zionist.  That is wishful thinking.  Obama and Netanyahu seem to have a good relationship, so who knows.  I do not agree with the usual JTF sentiment that Obama is as anti-Israel as the usual JTF member.  I think he is ignorant of foreign policy matters.  His "pre-1967" statement was a statement of ignorance rather than a statement of maliciousness.  But I think Pollard is stuck no matter whom is elected.  No politician wants to be seen to be caving in to Jewish pressure.  That is the realpolitik.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 07:37:26 PM »
Whatever you say, Johnson Brown.

Offline Checkmate

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 07:48:31 PM »
Whatever you say, Johnson Brown.
Pog mo thoin!

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 07:52:38 PM »
If Obama commuted Pollard's sentence before the election, it would be so obvious that it were a ploy for Jewish votes that it would embarrass him out of existence.  He would only commute him after the  :'(election and only after his term in office.  That means that if reelected, he will  only commute him after four years, in 2017, on his last day in office.  Only if he loses will he commute his on his last day in office in 2013 and that's if he feels generous.  If he doesn't, Romney might commute him after 8 years.  There is nothing saying that Romney is a great Zionist.  That is wishful thinking.  Obama and Netanyahu seem to have a good relationship, so who knows.  I do not agree with the usual JTF sentiment that Obama is as anti-Israel as the usual JTF member.  I think he is ignorant of foreign policy matters.  His "pre-1967" statement was a statement of ignorance rather than a statement of maliciousness.  But I think Pollard is stuck no matter whom is elected.  No politician wants to be seen to be caving in to Jewish pressure.  That is the realpolitik.

You are out of your mind!   Your "opinion" is not only unusual, it also contradicts the facts.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 07:55:18 PM »
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Checkmate

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 07:56:28 PM »
You are out of your mind!   Your "opinion" is not only unusual, it also contradicts the facts.
Enlighten me rather than ad hominem attacks.