Author Topic: Is it traitorous for Jews to serve in any of the U.S. military branches ?  (Read 5841 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Bowing to international pressure and trying to please the Israel hating UN, EU etc, and kowtowing before an America with an often duplicitous agenda is surely something any Kahanist regime will work to minimize or eliminate.

Carpet bombing Gaza might be impractical now, but it's shouldn't be considered a permanent impossibility.
In the wake of 9/11 Sharon could have taken advantage of the international sympathy for the U.S. (fake as it was) to take care of the terrorist cancer once and for all, and instead chose to sit on his hands (or something else if you get my drift). As a result of this pathetic show of weakness, the PLO/Hamas kicked its intifada into an even higher gear and we started seeing successful suicide attacks every day.

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
I think Jews should not serve in  the US military, Police forces, US Customs, stuff like that sure. But the military for the Jews is only the IDF.

I agree with Cosmo.  I don't mean to say that these institutions are all bad, but there is obviously going to be anti-semitism every step of the way or at least just a subtle, unspoken bias against you because of being Jewish. 

I think if you want to join a military you should join where your Judaism is considered an asset and not a liability.

Plus you don't want to waste your life being directed by supervisors who might be anti-semitic.  They would use you as a pawn.  In Israel, at least you would be able to fulfill your maximum potential.

BTW: I was at a shabbat dinner on Friday and there were some guys there who served in the IDF.  They said the IDF soldiers can't accomplish anything now.  They looked like good guys, so this confirms my theory that IDF will be awesome, they are just waiting for someone with guts (like Chaim) to take over leadership of Israel and unleash their potential.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
no...it's not traitorous unless they are fighting against fellow Jews in Israel.

but Jews who enlist in the American army really should choose to fight for Israel over any other country.  If it were me and I was drafted by the US in a terrible time of war, I would take that time I would have to serve in the US service and fight for the ISraeli army instead.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein