Author Topic: MARIJUANA!! The Truth!  (Read 5964 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: MARIJUANA!! The Truth!
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2012, 10:33:02 PM »
There is no halacha for weed.

Perhaps in the general Misswah to take care of one's health.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2012, 11:07:12 PM »
It makes me do more pull ups.

That is a Misswah as well- working out, taking care of one's body and being healthy.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2012, 11:54:28 PM »
There is a limit to how high you can get. There is none with drunkenness.

And yet, even a little bit of drunkenness impairs driving.

People that have been doing it for years pose 1/1000000 of the risk that any drunk driver would pose.

Why?   Because you made that up and you feel good about it?

Also, people who smoke crack are crackheads, and there is no dependency with weed, coca cola is more addicting.

I used the term "crack heads" as a perjorative, not a suggestion that people who smoke weed also smoke crack, although obviously some of them do.    The very messed up people who try to convince others that marijuana does not impair driving with absolutely no proof to back them up, are indeed crack heads.

There are no studies indicating reduced response time or poorer reflexes from weed, or basketball players would suck.

lol, you can't be serious.   Basketball players do not play while stoned!   

And there are no studies indicating a lot of things because the substance is illegal and expensive and therefore difficult to study.   There are certainly no studies proving that weed improves or maintains response time or reflexes.      But you and your fellow travelers would like us to legalize the substance so that we can study it in depth and find out all these qualities of a weed high?    And meanwhile, how many people have to die while that fact finding mission is ongoing?

There is no hallucination, or severely mind altering affect from weed.

Who cares?   You added the word "severely."     It is a fact that a MIND ALTERING substance, alters the mind.   And therefore impacts driving and the handling of heavy machinery, etc.    You don't like the facts because you want to keep toking up, huh?  Well we both know I'm not stopping you from doing anything, but it sounds to me more like you want to justify your behaviors than having any kind of objective discussion about it.

People that do it all the time experience nothing other than a relaxed feeling.

That's all I feel after a few drinks.    And yet, my driving would be impaired if I got into a car God forbid.

If it's your first time smoking weed, you will cause an accident while driving, but on your first beer ever, driving is unsafe too. After a while you can't get past the "one beer" level, no matter how much you smoke. 

What are the facts that support your assertions?

I know a doctor, a chemist, an accountant and a construction worker that drive and work with it, and you'd be lucky if they kicked your ass for calling them crackheads, because if not, I'd have to.

Oh look another keyboard warrior.   I'm so scared I can hardly contain myself.

Meanwhile, explain to me the relevance that a d-bag is a chemist, accountant, or doctor by trade.   

Resorting to threats doesn't make you any less incorrect.

, so people'll spray whatever in anything green, and get you high and dumb. In it's natural state, weed is not physically harmful.

That only adds to my point.   That makes it worse.   

Speed or mushrooms or any opiate or cocaine or, G-d forbid, meth, and any of these serious drugs will cause massive trauma to your mind. You can not very well perform anything useful with your head while on them, unless you write for the NY times or are a modern artist. There's a difference, and I sure as shoot would stake my living that if you spotted me walking, you nor anybody else would think I was a low-down crackhead, G-d forbid.

"Crack head" is a perjorative term in addition to describing an actual person who actually smokes crack.   Would you prefer that I use the term d-bag instead?   Jerk?   Moron?

In sum:
1. It does not matter that weed is legal, it will change nothing.   
  That doesn't even make sense.  It will change a lot of things.

2. I would rather that hippies abuse it and addle their worthless minds rather than using them to protest all that is good and decent in this here world.
3. You should focus on the real issues if you want support with the youth, even they don't care as much as you think about legalizing it as a drug, many know its industrial, nutritional and medical uses, and its current standing as the only efficient bio-fuel, not to mention its vastly superior rate of photosynthesis in comparison to trees.

"Only efficient biofuel" ? what the hell are you talking about?   I am focused on very real issues, but someone started this thread, and I responded to it.   When my safety and the safety of my loved ones is put at risk, then it is a real issue.   And since so many states are now trying to legalize it, it is a real issue.    I don't care how "cool" or "not cool" it is to talk about this topic - it needs to be discussed and considered in more than a superficial way to decide how to proceed with it.   Your type of "just let me do my thing because anecdotally I believe that it's all fine and don't dare say anything about it cause kids will resent you" approach to this is absurd.

You think they've changed anything? You've been given a groundhog to bark at, so that you're the bad dog and look the part, when in reality, replacing middle eastern oil or using the materials in paper, clothes, rope, and manufacturing otherwise, as well as replacing toxic and disgusting soy products that increase breast cancer risk and make men women is still just as illegal as it was yesterday, while you go out barking and while the kids are more than happy to tear up your lawn, and the real root of the problem has made the full cycle and it is now hidden that this plant could have kept us from dependance on the middle east and multinational corporations and their garbage crap shops. Real sharp pack over here.

No comment.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2012, 11:56:14 PM »
This is debatable also. But I don't want to argue about this point. Eventually the truth will be known...

Ahh yes, and how many people will damage themselves until we prove and know that truth with absolute certainty?   We need to use our common sense.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2012, 12:03:31 AM »
Let me make my opinion a little clearer. I am against generally using any substance as a drug. We should be happy with the way we are. But man is often seeking new experiences, and pot is an experience which is not as damaging as others, and it provides some with a state of mind conducive to creativity (such as music, song, art, and software engineering). When I was in college (one of the top ten Computer Science schools) almost everyone smoked (and this was in the 1980s)... My best friend in High School went to Cornell University and got a PHD and now works for DARPA and he too smoked pot (and tried LSD too). I have many examples of software engineers who work for major corporations who have smoked also...

So while I think that we should not need these substances, and we should truly understand the damage caused (if there is damage caused), we should also consider the benefits. I do believe there is medicinal uses for pot, and it does alleviate pain and anxiety. It works very effectively, more than any pharmaceutical substance.

Medical uses is a separate subject which has nothing to do with this topic.   When people speak about legalization, they are not talking about medicinal usage.   That would be legalization of medicinal marijuana.    That's something else.   

Let's be clear.   Legalizing marijuana would make it accessible to everyone for any use they desire.  Whereas, right now it is illegal.    I don't see how that should be a beneficial change.

As to your personal experience, when I was in college, many people smoked weed too, but even more used alcohol for binge drinking.     The purpose was the same in both cases.   To "Party."     Do you really believe the Torah encourages partying?   The Tanach is negative about drunkenness in multiple places - because it leads to sinful behavior.    Any type of high or drug would have a similar effect and probably could be substituted for drunkenness in that sense.

As to your claim about marijuana being superior to any pharmaceutical for pain treatment, I'm not so sure about that.   And it certainly will not remain the case for very long, even if that is true currently (which I do not know how you determined.  Is that really so?).    Wait til you see what's coming out next.   NGF inhibitors - very very potent.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2012, 07:47:49 AM »
It's disgusting to see so many JTFers agreeing with Nazi Paul and other filth on such a no-brainer issue.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2012, 11:58:06 AM »
It's disgusting to see so many JTFers agreeing with Nazi Paul and other filth on such a no-brainer issue.

yeah well Hitler ysv loved dogs, yet common sense suggests that not every dog lover has the interior of his house decorated with swastikas.

so what if Ron Paul ys agrees on this issue, we see his other positions and are disgusted by them.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2012, 12:14:40 PM »
There is nothing wrong with having a position of......

1) Drugs are bad/evil
2) Politicians telling use what adults can and cannot do is bad... (assuming that our actions doesnt infringe on the rights of others)

These 2 arent mutually exclusive....

and by the way....

On the topic of the 3rd Reich... Hitler militantly hated drugs, smoking... and was a vegetarian.... and had the original intention of outlawing smoking as part of his Aryan utopia...

Also...

Naziism and libertarianism are as idiologically as far apart as can possibly be.... and Ron Paul corrupted and twisted libertarianism into his own brand of faux libertrianism....

Many righteous conservatives... including Glenn Beck and Larry Elders consider themselves libertarians.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2012, 12:26:40 PM »
Isn't legalizing drugs more of that 'anything goes' mentality that has destroyed America.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline USAReturn2GodNow1776

• Pro JTFer
  • proud christian & kahanist
    • the urban grind
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2012, 12:30:54 PM »
I have to agree with Hitler over Ron Paul on this issue. I believe the state should play in a role in upholding moral uprightness and responsible behaviors. I don't believe in letting people put mind-altering substances in their bodies and induce terrifying experiences, life-ruining addictions, and sickness and death. Libertarians aren't really conservatives. In fact, they used to call themselves classical liberals! But many of their free market ideas turned out to be gold, which is why I don't support the old kind of conservativism that they were first railing against. That's the way I see it right now anyway.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2012, 12:42:41 PM »
People will get the drugs anyway! If they can't, they'll  find something else, and in  many cases it's worse. Look at what K2 and bath salts are doing to kids, it's killing them!

It's kind of like saying we should outlaw guns, that way nobody will get shot anymore.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2012, 12:51:50 PM »
There is nothing wrong with having a position of......

1) Drugs are bad/evil
2) Politicians telling use what adults can and cannot do is bad... (assuming that our actions doesnt infringe on the rights of others)

These 2 arent mutually exclusive....

and by the way....

On the topic of the 3rd Reich... Hitler militantly hated drugs, smoking... and was a vegetarian.... and had the original intention of outlawing smoking as part of his Aryan utopia...

Also...

Naziism and libertarianism are as idiologically as far apart as can possibly be.... and Ron Paul corrupted and twisted libertarianism into his own brand of faux libertrianism....

Many righteous conservatives... including Glenn Beck and Larry Elders consider themselves libertarians.

Over the weekend I watched 'High Hitler' which exposes that Hitler was a dope addict, addicted to methamphetamines and other substances..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Silver Star JTF Member
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2012, 02:43:00 PM »
Over the weekend I watched 'High Hitler' which exposes that Hitler was a dope addict, addicted to methamphetamines and other substances..

I remember seeing a raw video of him at the 36 olympic games.... and he was shaking uncontrollably....  and everyone around him was pretending not to notice it...  I wouldnt be surprised if that was him coming down from his drugs..

But nonetheless... my point was about he and other fascists... always try to control anything and everything other people do... and he was considering outlawing smoking altogether... but apparently, so much of Germany smoked... he decided to 'put it off'.

Also... N. Korea does this all the time... they ban all sorts of foods/etc for the 'good of the state'... but these very same things are allowed by all the high level communists.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2012, 04:23:25 PM »
yeah well Hitler ysv loved dogs, yet common sense suggests that not every dog lover has the interior of his house decorated with swastikas.

so what if Ron Paul ys agrees on this issue, we see his other positions and are disgusted by them.
Because the issue itself is disgusting in this case. This isn't raw milk or some other innocuous position.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2012, 04:25:09 PM »
Isn't legalizing drugs more of that 'anything goes' mentality that has destroyed America.
Yes Bullcat, it's the same "victimless crime" mindset that has most stupid brainwashed Americans supporting amnesty. I wouldn't be surprised if drug users are much more likely to support amnesty than abstainers.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2012, 06:47:23 PM »
I'm definitely not pro drugs, but we are not winning the  war on drugs. If they were legal they would be regulated by the FDA and taxed, more jobs and tax revenue. It would be a major blow to the drug cartels, gangs, and crime. What is ghetto currency, drugs! They're going to do the drugs anyway, so what's better? Parents that do drugs, or parents that do and make drugs with their children in the house so the toxic chemicals can enter into their blood, or young gang members getting sent out to steal anhydrous and having their faces burnt off?

Offline USAReturn2GodNow1776

• Pro JTFer
  • proud christian & kahanist
    • the urban grind
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2012, 10:53:52 PM »
I'm definitely not pro drugs, but we are not winning the  war on drugs. If they were legal they would be regulated by the FDA and taxed, more jobs and tax revenue. It would be a major blow to the drug cartels, gangs, and crime. What is ghetto currency, drugs! They're going to do the drugs anyway, so what's better? Parents that do drugs, or parents that do and make drugs with their children in the house so the toxic chemicals can enter into their blood, or young gang members getting sent out to steal anhydrous and having their faces burnt off?

Well the war on drugs is going about it the wrong way. This could be by design. Perhaps corrupt people in our government / police departments wanted a program that would indefinitely require huge amounts of spending so they could pocket a lot of it. What I meant was more along the lines of a national mandatory drug test. And we should invest in the technology to make the drug test more sophisticated/accurate.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2012, 10:54:19 PM »
That's [censored] disgusting. You could read people's DNA with those, and loose job opportunities because of your tendency to autoimmune diseases or heart problems, not to mention falsify the results to set someone up. Who would administer the tests? Who will pay for the tests? Drug use punishment should be less harmful than the drug. A year in a jail full of criminals is worse than a joint, and a national drug test is more expensive than its purchase, and the economic loss sustained through its use. What kind of an evil terrible dictator you would be to institute such a travesty. Would you punish people for missing the forcible drug test? At what age should it start? Should it be random; cops just break into your home and take the pee? Should tourists be subjected to random forcible invasive drug tests? If you really want all, red or blue states to succeed, just you ask ol' Bummer to institute that one.
Low lifes should get tested all the time!

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2012, 10:59:33 PM »
I'm surprised nobody countered me on my statement? I say we either legalize drugs, or we kick the crap out of drug dealers!

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2012, 11:00:08 PM »
PS: It is now legal to buy an ounce or less of marijuana in Washington State and Colorado. (Still a federal crime but not a state crime).

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2012, 11:39:39 PM »
I suppose you should be in charge of determining who is and isn't. Mandatory surveys,
No, But I do support welfare recipients being tested!

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2012, 06:56:59 AM »
I agree, more government plans involving more spending will solve everything.
That would be money well spent.  If you are on welfare you shouldn't be buying recreational drugs.  People are drug tested for work.  Why not, in order,  to receive welfare? 
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2012, 08:38:23 PM »
Ok 50$ extra per welfare recipient. Of course another 50 for security when they refuse, another 100 for legal proceedings, and another 500 to evict them from their house, and another 10,000 to put them in jail for resisting. You paying? You'd have an easier time banning welfare.
They should lose their benefits if they fail, or refuse to take the tests! The majority of welfare recipients are druggies that have been working the system for generations, think of the money we would save!

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2012, 08:55:34 PM »
It would be a disaster. And is the stupidest idea I've ever heard about drugs. Who cares what they do, their being on welfare is my only problem.
They spend a majority of their welfare money on drugs, so they are not paying taxes on any of the money that we give them, so if they're on drugs they don't get any money!