Author Topic: MARIJUANA!! The Truth!  (Read 5963 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
MARIJUANA!! The Truth!
« on: December 01, 2012, 01:33:39 AM »
Another convincing video from Crowder as always:

Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
Re: MARIJUANA!! The Truth!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 01:45:01 AM »
I do think it should be legalized, though personally I would not smoke it.
I think we as a society have enough experience with Alcohol and Tobacco to deal with any social problems pot causes, we can use experience with those two legal substances and use similar tactics with pot once it becomes legal.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 03:40:59 AM »
I do think it should be legalized, though personally I would not smoke it.
I think we as a society have enough experience with Alcohol and Tobacco to deal with any social problems pot causes, we can use experience with those two legal substances and use similar tactics with pot once it becomes legal.

Good argument Meerkat even though doobies really do some permanent damage.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 01:45:54 PM »
I like how he uses the ranting/raving anti-Semite as the reason you shouldn't use drugs.  :::D

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 02:18:27 PM »
I like how he uses the ranting/raving anti-Semite as the reason you shouldn't use drugs.  :::D

LOL, but lets be honest, an alcoholic could spew stupid crap like that too, not just stoners

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 09:18:40 PM »
LOL, but lets be honest, an alcoholic could spew stupid crap like that too, not just stoners

It's also a good reason not to be an alcoholic.

Do realize that alcoholics and others who ruin lives through alcohol didn't set out to do that in the beginning

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 02:57:50 AM »
who cares just let these idiots smoke. Why are we protecting them anyway? Let them
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 06:50:35 AM »
who cares just let these idiots smoke. Why are we protecting them anyway? Let them
It's not a question of protecting "them" its a question of protecting the general public from functional pot smokers who might be driving the kiddies school bus half in the bag... Pot smoking starts off simple enough and if people move away from it as they become more serious in life it's really not a problem... I have seen many life long pot smokers who are 30 and 40 years old give up or loose good jobs because they just can't be without the stuff... Many employers today expect their people to be drug free... I have see pot smokers stay away from the stuff long enough to pass the hiring drug test but can't continue employment because the are unable to deal with the random tests some positions require... People who smoke pot for a number of years usually have the habit at the top of their daily priorities even before work and paying the bills... You can pick people like this out from a mile away... People who drink on the job or come into work half lit are very easy to pick out... Pot is a bit different... A pot smoker can get lost for a few moments and smoke away and then come back and operate a machine or drive a bus that could injure many people... The states that are making stuff like this easy to get are making a very big mistake in the long term picture... I can't see tossing people in jail for having a small amount of this garbage but I personally can't see selling it in the corner drug store either.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 08:10:51 PM »
Perhaps future Ask JTF question-

What Halachic justification is their to bann people from smoking Marijuana (in Israel that is)? Even if we do not like the results what and why do you feel you or even a Jewish court would have the right/authority/ or ability to bann people from smoking this (with penalties to offenders).
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 08:35:31 PM »
A few more things to consider.

Is it not a great deal easier to explain to your children not to use drugs when those drugs ALSO happen to be illegal and have grave legal consequences in addition to the negative health and safety and quality of life consequences you are alerting them to?   Isn't it a great deal of reinforcement to your position as a parent when you can point to the fact that the law authorities do not allow people to take these substances?     And don't you lose a great deal of "bargaining power" or authority when the kid can turn around and say, 'it's perfectly legal, so I'm not doing anything wrong by doing it.'

Don't you think that stoned people pose a risk when driving?   Isn't that common sense?    Your judgment is impaired by a psychadelic or mind-altering drug.  That is FACT.    Driving requires judgment.   With how many thousands of people are maimed, injured and killed by drunk drivers each year, do we need another subset of driver-murderers to harm even more people on the road?

The crack-heads that claim smoking pot doesn't affect their driving are the delusional who insist at all costs to legalize their dependency opiate.  They are willing to risk YOUR life and MY life to give you that anecdotal account that "I'm not impeded at all when driving stoned" and to convince you that there is no risk.   

Guess what, geniuses:    Many drunken idiots also believe that alcohol does not affect their driving.   Science says otherwise!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 09:24:16 PM »
I agree with Chaim on the subject of weed and all other drugs.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 09:25:11 PM »
A few more things to consider.

Is it not a great deal easier to explain to your children not to use drugs when those drugs ALSO happen to be illegal and have grave legal consequences in addition to the negative health and safety and quality of life consequences you are alerting them to?   Isn't it a great deal of reinforcement to your position as a parent when you can point to the fact that the law authorities do not allow people to take these substances?     And don't you lose a great deal of "bargaining power" or authority when the kid can turn around and say, 'it's perfectly legal, so I'm not doing anything wrong by doing it.'

Don't you think that stoned people pose a risk when driving?   Isn't that common sense?    Your judgment is impaired by a psychadelic or mind-altering drug.  That is FACT.    Driving requires judgment.   With how many thousands of people are maimed, injured and killed by drunk drivers each year, do we need another subset of driver-murderers to harm even more people on the road?

The crack-heads that claim smoking pot doesn't affect their driving are the delusional who insist at all costs to legalize their dependency opiate.  They are willing to risk YOUR life and MY life to give you that anecdotal account that "I'm not impeded at all when driving stoned" and to convince you that there is no risk.   

Guess what, geniuses:    Many drunken idiots also believe that alcohol does not affect their driving.   Science says otherwise!

The best chinuch you can give the child in this situation is to take him/her to a health clinic with people who abused with these substances. I think that does a lot more education then the lagal system ever will. Most teenagers don't give a ______ about the legality and other such things. The proof is the fact that the vast majority have tried it.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 09:28:35 PM »
The question of marijuana is a recurring theme. It has been posted about and asked in AskJTF. The official JTF stance on it is that it's bad and should be illegal. Not just the official JTF stance on it, but also the opinion of most members. Except for medicinal purposes. I don't think it should be asked about over and over in askJTF because we all know the answer will be "no and it should be illegal" etc..etc..

For me, I am for legalizing it. Not forbidden in the Torah so I'm ok with it, I'm fond of it in fact. In small moderation just like having a glass of wine every once in a while. More people do it than they like to admit.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 09:46:43 PM »
The question of marijuana is a recurring theme. It has been posted about and asked in AskJTF. The official JTF stance on it is that it's bad and should be illegal. Not just the official JTF stance on it, but also the opinion of most members. Except for medicinal purposes. I don't think it should be asked about over and over in askJTF because we all know the answer will be "no and it should be illegal" etc..etc..

For me, I am for legalizing it. Not forbidden in the Torah so I'm ok with it, I'm fond of it in fact. In small moderation just like having a glass of wine every once in a while. More people do it than they like to admit.

I agree. I am for medical mj and think it should be legal with a doctors perscription. I am not for general legalization though for the reason that kids should not have easy access to it. I did not smoke it till I was an adult (19 years old) and I am glad I waited because I don't know if it would have affected my academic record. But I also know that I was gainfully employed even when I smoked it and I never was suspected or asked to take a drug test.

As I said I am against general legalization because it also could lead others to harder drugs. I am staunchly against legalizing any of the hard drugs such as amphetamines, cocaine, xtasy, or heroine (who would ever want that drug?) This is my opinion.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 09:47:34 PM »
In my younger days I was accused of 'Driving under the influence' of pot....

Needless to say I was not found guilty... My public defender got me off on that charge when I pleaded not guilty...

ps: lkz, I'm a 'coca-cola head' myself... I drink nearly a 12pack a day (joking...)
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 09:49:03 PM »
I think the main issue with pot use is the long-term use.....  Especially with youth... the brain damage it causes is dramatic and irreversible. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 09:51:11 PM »
I think the main issue with pot use is the long-term use.....  Especially with youth... the brain damage it causes is dramatic and irreversible.

This is debatable also. But I don't want to argue about this point. Eventually the truth will be known...

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 09:52:16 PM »

Soo does watching MTV, but I dont hear people trying to bann that.  ;D

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 09:57:05 PM »
Let me make my opinion a little clearer. I am against generally using any substance as a drug. We should be happy with the way we are. But man is often seeking new experiences, and pot is an experience which is not as damaging as others, and it provides some with a state of mind conducive to creativity (such as music, song, art, and software engineering). When I was in college (one of the top ten Computer Science schools) almost everyone smoked (and this was in the 1980s)... My best friend in High School went to Cornell University and got a PHD and now works for DARPA and he too smoked pot (and tried LSD too). I have many examples of software engineers who work for major corporations who have smoked also...

So while I think that we should not need these substances, and we should truly understand the damage caused (if there is damage caused), we should also consider the benefits. I do believe there is medicinal uses for pot, and it does alleviate pain and anxiety. It works very effectively, more than any pharmaceutical substance.

I realize I am in the minority here. But I believe my experience is not unique. And I hope that we can deal with the question in a mature way which is the best for society.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 10:00:14 PM »
This is debatable also. But I don't want to argue about this point. Eventually the truth will be known...

For every
Soo does watching MTV, but I dont hear people trying to bann that.  ;D

So does sticking a nail in your head... so does drinking gasoline... so does watching Barney..... so does smoking Opium.....   The problem is certain things cause more brain damage than others...    and from the most comprehensive long term studies... Pot brain damage is significant... especially in the developmental years.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 10:08:24 PM »
The guy that discovered DNA, was a acid head, from what I remember!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 10:17:03 PM »
For every
So does sticking a nail in your head... so does drinking gasoline... so does watching Barney..... so does smoking Opium.....   The problem is certain things cause more brain damage than others...    and from the most comprehensive long term studies... Pot brain damage is significant... especially in the developmental years.

Exactly. And these things aren't illegal.

Anyway I did not want the legal (U.S. laws), but the HALACHIC justification to bann it in Israel even if it is proven to be bad for society and individuals. Donuts are bad for people, we dont see Rabbis not giving Hachgafa to donuts, yett the individual consumer should definitely limit him/her self with donuts.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, 10:18:10 PM »
The guy that discovered DNA, was a acid head, from what I remember!

Acid is FAR worse than marijuana....  FAR worse....   that doesnt mean that there werent brilliant people on acid... but many regret being on acid more than you can imagine.

Taking acid can be like playing Russian Roulette... Some acid heads can't complete sentences... some have such severe brain damage.. some are near vegetables.

I really lament taking acid as a youth.... my brother was a dead head... and it was always around.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2012, 10:19:40 PM »
Exactly. And these things aren't illegal.

Anyway I did not want the legal (U.S. laws), but the HALACHIC justification to bann it in Israel even if it is proven to be bad for society and individuals. Donuts are bad for people, we dont see Rabbis not giving Hachgafa to donuts, yett the individual consumer should definitely limit him/her self with donuts.

well... I am somewhat of a libertarian... so I agree with you here....  I don't like the government getting involved.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2012, 10:20:43 PM »
In my point of view... Does G-d tell you that you cannot do these type of things, no he does not! America is a free nation, and you should be able to do what you want, if you go overboard then you have to deal with your maker!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.