Author Topic: Jews-on-gentiles?  (Read 21113 times)

newman

Re: Jews-on-gentiles?
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2007, 01:00:14 PM »
And yes, the Chassidic communities are some of the together communities that exist in the Jewish world.

You guys are cool. You're also the most welcomming to us 'perplexed' gentiles. When gentiles seek out a Rabbi who teaches the Sheva Mitzvot..99 times out of 100 it's a Chassidic Rabbi. I guess that means they're really doing their 'light unto the nations' job. I might even be described as a gentile grabbing a corner of your garment.lol

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2007, 01:06:47 PM »
Cool.

Just don't yank too hard. My Tzitzith could rip.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2007, 01:11:24 PM »
Masha, were you born in the Ukraine. Part of my family is from Zhitomir. Was your family near there?

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

newman

« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2007, 01:14:20 PM »
Cool.

Just don't yank too hard. My Tzitzith could rip.

LOL

The old learned men at the shull must be quite perplexed these days. They could remember the days when all goyim hated Jewery and now days there's a whole bunch wanting a part of it. A sign of the end times maybe?

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2007, 01:27:29 PM »
newman, it's perplexing even for me and I'm a whippersnapper. But I actually do think that we are entering the end times. Not only for this reason but for many others. The oldest Midrash that we have "Pirkei D'Rabbi Eliezer" has a whole list of the things that the Ishmaelites will do in the Land of Israel in the End of Days. According to my humble opinion, most of them have come true already.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2007, 01:33:37 PM »
Masha, were you born in the Ukraine. Part of my family is from Zhitomir. Was your family near there?

I know Zhitomir, but I have never been there. Part of my family is from Germany. Another part is from Uman. But they descended (according to the family legend - but who can check this now?) from the Jews who left before the Diaspora and have settled on the Black Sea coast and the Crimean Peninsula at the time it was populated by the ancient Greeks. They lived among the Greeks and often worked as artisans, such as goldsmiths and silversmiths. A lot of ancient Greek and Scythian jewelry from that region and period was made by the Jews. Not a lot of people know this, but there were large and prosperous Jewish communities on the Black Sea coast at the turn of the first millenium.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2007, 01:34:59 PM »
From Uman?

I go there every Rosh Hashana.

Have you been to Sofiefka Park?

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2007, 01:36:52 PM »
From Uman?

I go there every Rosh Hashana.

Have you been to Sofiefka Park?

Yes, when I was a child. I barely remember it.

P.S. I sent you a PM
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 01:49:28 PM by Masha »

Offline Shechinah

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2007, 03:46:41 PM »
Please elaborate.   Why should Sephardic Jews need PMs from Eastern European Jews?   ;D

Offline WhiteHawk

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2007, 08:11:38 PM »
yes jews should stay pure from gentiles genes