Author Topic: MK assaulted during argument over Torah  (Read 4426 times)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
MK assaulted during argument over Torah
« on: July 10, 2007, 11:17:34 AM »
MK assaulted during argument over Torah

United Torah Judaism’s Yakov Cohen slapped after telling Justice Ministry official ‘you’re worse than the Germans; they wanted to destroy the body and you want to destroy the soul’

Amnon Meranda
Latest Update:    07.10.07, 17:42 / Israel News

United Torah Judaism Knesset Member Yakov Cohen was assaulted at the Knesset Tuesday by Attorney Amnon De Hartuch following a heated argument during which the MK compared De Hartuch to the Nazis.

“Even my father never hit me this way,” the stunned Cohen said. “He gave me a slap the likes of which I’ve never received before. My world went dark. I call on the justice minister to dismiss him.”

Following the incident, the Knesset's Presidency decided to ban for good De Hartuch's entrance to the Knesset. The lawyer was also questioned by the police and then released under restrictive conditions. The police ruled that he was to have no contact with MK Cohen.

According to one eyewitness, the argument between the two erupted after they left an Education Committee meeting.

“MK Cohen told De Hartuch, ‘You’re destroying the Torah world’. De Hartuch responded by saying, ‘You are a beast, shut your mouth’,” the witness recounted.

“Cohen then said, ‘You’re worse than the Germans; they wanted to destroy the body and you want to destroy the soul’. De Hartuch said to him, ‘If you don’t shut up I’ll slap you’. Cohen replied, ‘I’m waiting’.”

At this point De Hartuch slapped Cohen, the witness said. A Knesset guard who witnessed the exchange immediately apprehended De Hartuch and took him to a nearby room.

A police official told Ynet, “Security guards at the Knesset detained a man suspected of slapping the MK. A squad car was dispatched to the scene and the suspect was taken in for questioning.”

(ynet)

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
Re: MK assaulted during argument over Torah
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 11:28:02 AM »
Not surprising.

Standing up for Jews, Judaism and Torah will get you banned from Israel (ask Chaim), slapped, or imprisoned.

When is someone going to slap Smolmert, Livni, Peres et al for their crimes against the Jewish People ?

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 01:22:25 PM »
He wasn't standing up for the Torah.  De Hartuch is a religious man himself.  This had to do with appropriations for religious schools.  De Hartuch was just doing his job and Cohen demanded more money from him, something which was not possible.  Then Cohen called De Hartuch worse than Nazis.  That is a VERY low blow.  De Hartuch was NOT attacking the Torah, he was just fulfilling his responsibilities.  The line needs to be drawn somewhere.  You can't just go around calling everyone a Nazi.  That is an INSULT to the Jewish people and should NEVER be tolerated, unless someone is actually doing something Nazi-like.  If you just go around crying wolf calling everyone a Nazi, then people won't pay attention when you call out the REAL Nazis like the Muslim Nazis.   
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

newman

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 05:30:18 PM »
He wasn't standing up for the Torah.  De Hartuch is a religious man himself.  This had to do with appropriations for religious schools.  De Hartuch was just doing his job and Cohen demanded more money from him, something which was not possible.  Then Cohen called De Hartuch worse than Nazis.  That is a VERY low blow.  De Hartuch was NOT attacking the Torah, he was just fulfilling his responsibilities.  The line needs to be drawn somewhere.  You can't just go around calling everyone a Nazi.  That is an INSULT to the Jewish people and should NEVER be tolerated, unless someone is actually doing something Nazi-like.  If you just go around crying wolf calling everyone a Nazi, then people won't pay attention when you call out the REAL Nazis like the Muslim Nazis.   

I agree Ze'ev. 'kapo' is a better word for anti-Jewish Jews.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 05:32:05 PM »
This guy had no right to slap the m.k.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 05:50:46 PM »

He's not anti-Jewish!  He is a religious Jew himself.  He is in charge of the budget for Haredi communities and the argument was over the budget for religious schools.  Cohen was not pleased with the amount of money that was allocated so he called Dehartuch a Nazi!  Just to give you a bit of background on Dehartuch, his father who recently died, hid from the Nazis in Holland and twenty members of his family were murdered by Nazis.  Calling a fellow Jew in that situation a Nazi is utterly disgusting and reprehensible.  Of course no one deserves to be slapped, but Cohen's remarks were EXTREMELY insensitive.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 06:26:19 PM »
At the risk of [censored] some people off I think this business of appropriating money to religious schools and sects is a scam that needs to stop. The Agudah and Shas establishment wonks (wonk is NOT a disparagement, it just means a political maven) who run these schools are trying to enrich themselves, and what these schools invariably teach is that you must obey the government.

Do Kahanist schools ever get money in Israel?

newman

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 06:39:39 PM »

He's not anti-Jewish!  He is a religious Jew himself.  He is in charge of the budget for Haredi communities and the argument was over the budget for religious schools.  Cohen was not pleased with the amount of money that was allocated so he called Dehartuch a Nazi!  Just to give you a bit of background on Dehartuch, his father who recently died, hid from the Nazis in Holland and twenty members of his family were murdered by Nazis.  Calling a fellow Jew in that situation a Nazi is utterly disgusting and reprehensible.  Of course no one deserves to be slapped, but Cohen's remarks were EXTREMELY insensitive.

I wasn't referring to Cohen, Ze'ev. I just mean that I agree with you about not calling all flakey Jews 'nazis'.  'Kapo' is a better term for Jews who betray the Jewish cause.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 08:31:02 PM »
Thanks for the additional information about the dispute and the backgrounds of the combatants, Ze'ev.

I'd still like to see someone slap Smolmert.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 01:49:04 AM »
De hartuch is a self hating jew but so is Cohen. I actually believe cohen is worse cause at least de hartuch has no yarmulke on his head when he sins so he doesn't belittle the jewish religion. Cohen is a memeber of the prostituting united torah judaism which enables all the withdrawals by staying in the govt just to put some dough in their pocket.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 02:52:28 AM »
Thanks for the additional information about the dispute and the backgrounds of the combatants, Ze'ev.

Olmert needs quite a few slaps.

newman

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 03:16:29 AM »

Olmert needs quite a few slaps.

For what Olmert(yemach shmo v'zichro) has done to his own people , he should be put in the prison shower at Sing Sing with two dozen horny schvartzas.