Author Topic: "LADY BIRD" JOHNSON DIES AT AGE 94  (Read 2067 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
"LADY BIRD" JOHNSON DIES AT AGE 94
« on: July 11, 2007, 07:02:50 PM »
And her husband was pure evil that left America soldiers stuck in Vietnam, LBJ was the one that came on strong about "Civil Rights".
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 08:51:22 PM by MasterWolf1 »
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: "LADY BIRD" JOHNSON DIES AT AGE 94
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 08:06:03 PM »
Good ridance!

Now I hope Carter and Bush Sr. join her soon, IY"H.

I don't know guys I am old enough to remember when LBJ and Lady Bird were in the White House and although I have some issues about LBJ I always liked Lady Bird. She always seemed to be a touch of class and very correct about everything she did. I have never heard her speak ill of anyone. LBJ was a smoke filled room sort of politician but one think in his favor was how he bought electrical service to many depressed  parts of the country that had none when he was in the senate (read about the rural electrification project ).
As for him signing the civil rights act LBJ's  hand was forced to the paper by JFK's ghost and Robert Kennedy. He signed that legislation under duress. He would complain to his staff sarcastically in cabinet meetings "The nigeras need civil rights"  JFK also left LBJ the Vietnam War problem. He was a president that presided over troubled times.  I never thought much LBJ until I did some reading about him as evil as he could be at times he did the common man a lot of good on some issues. While not the best president he was by no means the worst. I say...  Rest in peace Lady Bird.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 09:40:32 PM »
Good ridance!

Now I hope Carter and Bush Sr. join her soon, IY"H.

I don't know guys I am old enough to remember when LBJ and Lady Bird were in the White House and although I have some issues about LBJ I always liked Lady Bird. She always seemed to be a touch of class and very correct about everything she did. I have never heard her speak ill of anyone. LBJ was a smoke filled room sort of politician but one think in his favor was how he bought electrical service to many depressed  parts of the country that had none when he was in the senate (read about the rural electrification project ).
As for him signing the civil rights act LBJ's  hand was forced to the paper by JFK's ghost and Robert Kennedy. He signed that legislation under duress. He would complain to his staff sarcastically in cabinet meetings "The nigeras need civil rights"  JFK also left LBJ the Vietnam War problem. He was a president that presided over troubled times.  I never thought much LBJ until I did some reading about him as evil as he could be at times he did the common man a lot of good on some issues. While not the best president he was by no means the worst. I say...  Rest in peace Lady Bird.
You are 100% right, she was a great lady, may she rest in peace.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 10:14:46 PM »
Is Lady Bird even her real name?

Her real name was Claudia Taylor.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years