Author Topic: In a bowling alley today.....  (Read 3498 times)

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
In a bowling alley today.....
« on: July 11, 2007, 09:16:36 PM »
Went with my friend to roll a few pins, needless to say they had a jukebox with an album of the Dave Brubeck quartet in it. I put in five bucks to play Take Five over and over again. I can tell you one thing, it drove off all of the schvartzes and cockaroaches causing trouble and being loud in there. I never seen them run so fast when it started to play. I guess good music drives them off every time, especially Take Five for some reason. I have to do it with my Army friend also when she gets discharged. She will get a kick out of it. ;)

Now for those who like good music,

Imerica

Re: In a bowling alley today.....
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 09:30:14 PM »
I LOVE that peice, cosmo! My 10 year old daughter, who listens to Jazz as she's sleeping, woke up one morning and started to play "Take Five" on her keyboard. :) Wow.

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 09:36:06 PM »
I LOVE that peice, cosmo! My 10 year old daughter, who listens to Jazz as she's sleeping, woke up one morning and started to play "Take Five" on her keyboard. :) Wow.

It is very good piece. And Imerica I know you are decent. The people in  this bowling alley were schmucks. Take Five is one of the best pieces of jazz ever made. And your daughter is very talented to play that on her piano, it is a hard song to play. Maybe she will take an interest in Jazz music.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 09:38:43 PM by cosmokramer »

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 09:36:43 PM »
Jews invented Jazz. It also had influences from Scottish bagpipe music.

I believe they did. Around the 1870s.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 09:39:12 PM by cosmokramer »

Imerica

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 09:40:59 PM »

It is very good piece. And Imerica I know you are decent. The people in  this bowling alley were schmucks. Take Five is one of the best pieces of jazz ever made. And your daughter is very talented to play that on her piano, it is a hard song to play. Maybe she will take an interest in Jazz music.
I fell in love with that song during the Sunday Matinee on t.v. with the Abbott and Costello features. "Take Five" was the introduction to the channel's Saturday Matinee presentation. lol My grandfather has this in his record collection, I think. I'm going to ask my grandmother.

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 09:42:28 PM »
I linked it on the post I made, also type in take five on youtube and you will get a really good live version.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 09:52:17 PM »
Take Five rules, Jazz rules, Brubeck and Gershwin and Benny Goodman all rule!  Doesn't really surprise me, anything wholesome, tasteful or artistic sends the schvartzas running!
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 11:28:05 PM »

Cosmo, I would have been dancing to this music if I were at the bowling alley with you guys...probably throwing strikes..woohoo! :laugh:
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 02:01:23 AM »
Speaking of which, my Army friend is Black. She is a good person. Maybe she will convert and be a yid too one day. IDK. She does listen to alot of Israeli music, and sympathizes with Israel. She also has express at some times that she wants to convert. We do have alot in common. It is rare to find a 20 year old black woman that likes Take Five. And that is moral.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 02:04:17 AM by cosmokramer »

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 02:12:27 AM »

Cosmo, I would have been dancing to this music if I were at the bowling alley with you guys...probably throwing strikes..woohoo! :laugh:
Its a great song to play anytime. Except Shabbat :D

newman

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 07:56:44 AM »
True Story:

Local councils in Australia have dicovered if they play piped easy-listening music at venues where unruly teenagers gather, they stay away. It should work on schvartzas too.

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 08:17:22 AM »
Something seemed strange about this post. At first I wasn't sure what it was. Then I realized you used the word 'work' and 'shvartza' in the same sentence.

newman

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 08:20:11 AM »
Something seemed strange about this post. At first I wasn't sure what it was. Then I realized you used the word 'work' and 'shvartza' in the same sentence.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:That's why my computer crashed!

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 11:07:49 AM »
Jews invented Jazz. It also had influences from Scottish bagpipe music.

Absolutely.
They certainly did.
They also produce today's best Jazz.
Not like the boring crap that drones on like what the Leroys play.
Some of the Jazz stations in the NYC metro area won't play the good stuff from whites/Jews.
They will only play "the great" stuff that puts insomniacs to sleep.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 06:15:00 PM »
If you all really enjoy good music before all the rap noise, WCBS 101.1 is now back on the air.  Today, they went back their real programming by playing the oldies from the 50's, 60's, 70's and even the 80's.  Any New Yorkers please listen to the station agian.