Author Topic: Yesh Atid MK Proposes: Arab-Friendly National Anthem  (Read 535 times)

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Yesh Atid MK Proposes: Arab-Friendly National Anthem
« on: February 11, 2013, 06:17:23 AM »
Yesh Atid MK Proposes: Arab-Friendly National Anthem
After Arab MKs express distaste for national anthem, Jewish MK proposes changing the words.
By Maayana Miskin
First Publish: 2/10/2013, 2:02 PM

Yesh Atid MK Ruth Calderon caused controversy Sunday with a suggestion that Israel solve the problem of Arab MKs’ disinclination to hear the national anthem by changing the anthem. “I was very sorry to hear that the Arab Members of Knesset left before ‘Hatikva’ was sung,” she wrote on her Facebook page.

“Does someone know of a way to alter the words so that they will include all citizens of Israel?” she asked. Calderon then took part in a lengthy debate on the topic, during which she avoided open support for either side.

The words to Hatikva speak of the “Jewish spirit” and the historic Jewish longing to return to the land of Israel. Arab MKs have termed the Jewish-themed anthem “oppressive” and “humiliating.”

Interior Minister Eli Yishai, one of the heads of the Shas faction, expressed horror at Calderon’s proposal.

“I was shocked to hear this morning that there is an idea within Yesh Atid, voiced on the social networks, to leave the word ‘Jew’ out of the anthem Hatikva so that the Arab MKs do not need to leave when the anthem is sung,” Yishai said. “Yes, we have our disagreements with Yesh Atid, but there are things I thought were undisputed – [such as] the State of Israel being a Jewish state.”

“To whoever needs an update: we are a Jewish state!” Yishai added. “Not with a bowed head, but with our head held high!”

“I doubt that Yesh Atid voters hoped their party would strive to change the identity of the state,” he said.

Calderon replied to Yishai’s criticism on her Facebook page. “Friends, Minister Eli Yishai’s interpretation regarding my desire for compromise and civilian cooperation between Jewish and Arab residents of Israel is a cheap political trick, and a desecration of God’s name [chillul Hashem – ed.],” she wrote.

“Nothing I said even hinted at removing the word ‘Jew’ from the national anthem,” she continued. “I do not wish to say more.”

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Yesh Atid MK Proposes: Arab-Friendly National Anthem
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 08:31:03 AM »
omg, what a hideous beast she is.    Here's a new anthem:  The soul of the arab yearns... to murder Ruth Calderon with a hacksaw and throw all the Jews in the gas chambers.   See?  It still has the word Jew in it.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 11:47:31 AM »
Chas vi chalila we change the words to the Hatikva. 

Yesh Atid, my tuchus...with Yesh Atid, Israel has no future.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 07:25:11 PM »
The only change needed is to remove the word "Chofshi" and replace it with the word "Torah".

Offline Mein Koran

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 07:31:17 PM »
What makes Arabs think the whole world belongs to them? All non-Arab Muslim countries have to adopt their culture and their dress. Israel must drop its identity, Europe must drop its identity for them. These people are the biggest spoiled brats
Islam is retarded - Geert Wilders, peace be upon him

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 11:20:53 PM »
There is no insanity like the insanity of leftist Jews. :o
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 12:12:54 AM »
the koran... why does everyone act like everything muslims do is spontaneous? And it's not "arabs" let's be realists rather than racists.

But it is Arabs.  You are wrong.  The Arab Christians in Israel are just as vicious, they had some of the most brutal murderous terrorists (PFLP), and the vast majority of them want Israel to stop being a Jewish state.    The arab groups in Israel are NOT divided by religion - they are united in hatred of Israel, Jews, and all things Jewish.    THEY are the racists, and we are not racist for pointing out their evil behavior and evil desires to erase the Jewish identity from the map.