Author Topic: Is it wrong to pray for someone's demise?  (Read 689 times)

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
Is it wrong to pray for someone's demise?
« on: February 24, 2013, 01:14:35 AM »
Specifically Jimmy Carter....... I honestly wish he would "go away".

Also add oBumma..... and a whole slew of others.

The world is being destroyed by evil.... things could be great.

Is it wrong to pray for justice, and hope that justice is devastating?

It is so hard to pray that they will simply wake up, see their evil ways and repent.... although that would be nice.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Is it wrong to pray for someone's demise?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 01:33:04 AM »
Specifically Jimmy Carter....... I honestly wish he would "go away".

Also add oBumma..... and a whole slew of others.

The world is being destroyed by evil.... things could be great.

Is it wrong to pray for justice, and hope that justice is devastating?

It is so hard to pray that they will simply wake up, see their evil ways and repent.... although that would be nice.

Praying for the wicked to be destroyed is a holy thing to do.

But the question we must ask before going down that road is to make sure we know what is evil and what is not. I will agree that Jimmy Carter is a wicked vile example of a human being, he is a sick man who has done a lot of damage to the world. But do I spend my prayers cursing him specifically? Not really. He is a part of my generic prayer for all enemies of the Jews to be utterly destroyed and humiliated before the judge of judges.

If we curse someone who ends up making repentence then maybe we will bear some sin. In the case of Jew vs Jew we are commanded to first rebuke them privately first in order to prevent their embarassment, and if this doesn't work, and their transgression endangers others we must make it public, and attempt to stop them from repeating their transgressions. Once their sin rises to the level of patently evil, we should curse them with the fate that all enemies of Israel have, which will be destruction when final judgement is rendered.

This is my thoughts on this question. Others may disagree.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 01:51:27 AM »
You are supposed to do so.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 03:57:44 AM »
I think it would be wrong to pray for such thing against some personal enemy over relatively petty things. But regarding the two aforementioned names IMHO it is justified to pray and wish they were removed from this world.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 06:34:08 AM »
Pray for a modern day Purim and you'll have all Jew haters covered
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 07:16:13 AM »
If you want to pray for a specific person's demise right now try Hillary Clinton so she can't be president.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 07:26:13 AM »
If you want to pray for a specific person's demise right now try Hillary Clinton so she can't be president.
does it really make a difference? If it's not Hillary it's gonna be Christie, not much better.

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 08:05:00 AM »

I will think about it! Hillary Clinton would be a disaster for America, for sure!
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 08:56:31 AM »
does it really make a difference? If it's not Hillary it's gonna be Christie, not much better.

It's way too early to say if he's the Republican nominee although he certainly seems to be positioning himself for a strong run.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 11:11:48 AM »
  To the question- NOPE, not at all. I don't understand why Jim Carey, but ookay. We pray for the destruction of evil people every day. It also depends on a personal enemy or an enemy of Am Yisrael and an enemy against G-D. For personal we can pray that evil ceases and not necessarily evil-doers. For more public Reshaim we pray for their demise because its good for the world and it is good for them as well.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 12:08:06 PM »
No.