Author Topic: Could Israel be destroyed?  (Read 1949 times)

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
Re: Could Israel be destroyed?
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2013, 03:46:31 AM »
Israel will never be destroyed ! >:(

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2013, 06:43:24 AM »
Israel will never be destroyed ! >:(
Don't be angry....
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2013, 07:06:45 AM »
Right Dad! : :::D

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2013, 07:32:50 PM »
Exmuslim, God made a covenant with the children of Israel (the Jewish people) regarding the land of Israel, to answer your question, anything can be destroyed and I agree it's most of the members on the forum that what it says in the bible is that Israel will exist as a kingdom, however I do not believe anything is mentioned in the bible regarding what would happen to the modern state of Israel in terms that as a nation it is under secular rule and that Israel today does not comprise the entire territory of ancient Israel or the borders that were mentioned in the bible. God does state that a remnant of the Jews will always remain and therefore I believe that Israel may go through some extremely difficult times. It reminds me of when some of the Hebrews were worshipping the golden calf and the curses of Deuteronomy, however as a nation, the Jewish people are blessed and I believe that God will never forsake Israel and the Jewish people therefore whatever happens is temporary if Israel goes through difficult times and the kingdom of Israel will be restored as promised in the bible.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2013, 06:43:31 PM »
There will always be a remnant saved of God's people...Jesus defeated Satan at the cross, and so God will defeat all false religions and those who have been haters of Israel.  He will settle all disputes!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2013, 06:55:08 PM »
There will always be a remnant saved of God's people...Jesus defeated Satan at the cross, and so God will defeat all false religions and those who have been haters of Israel.  He will settle all disputes!

According to your belief your messiah defeated 'satan'.... But Satan is not defeated according to Jewish belief, and Satan is not against G-d in the least according to our beliefs. So whatever travials arise to challenge us are from Hashem, there is only ONE G-d...

I am not saying you are wrong from your religious perspective. But anytime I hear that Satan is involved with the fate of Israel I am reminded that Satan has no power over a Jew who believes in Hashem.

For a better understanding of a Jewish view of the 'Prosecutor' see : http://www.beingjewish.com/basics/satan.html
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2013, 07:01:26 PM »
No no no no no NO! That is not Christian belief! Don't take the bait!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2013, 07:11:27 PM »
The Lubavitch Rebbe commented on the question 'Where was G-d during the Holocaust?'... He concludes that Satan was not involved at all with the events...

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/108398/jewish/Belief-After-the-Holocaust.htm

The destruction of six million Jews in such a horrific manner that surpassed the cruelty of all previous generations, could not possibly be because of a punishment for sins. Even the Satan himself could not possibly find a sufficient number of sins that would warrant such genocide!

There is absolutely no rationalistic explanation for the Holocaust except for the fact that it was a Divine decree … why it happened is above human comprehension – but it is definitely not because of punishment for sin.

On the contrary: All those who were murdered in the Holocaust are called “Kedoshim” – holy ones – since they were murdered in sanctification of G–d’s name. Since they were Jews, it is only G–d who will avenge their blood. As we say on Shabbat in the Av Harachamim prayer, “the holy communities who gave their lives for the sanctification of the Divine Name ... and avenge the spilled blood of His servants, as it is written in the Torah of Moshe ... for he will avenge the blood of his servants ... And in the Holy Writings it is said ... Let there be known among the nations, before our eyes, the retribution of the spilled blood of your servants.” G–d describes those who were sanctified as His servants, and promises to avenge their blood.

So great is the spiritual level of the Kedoshim – even disregarding their standing in mitzvah performance – that the Rabbis say about them, “no creation can stand in their place.” How much more so of those who died in the Holocaust, many of whom, as is well known, were among the finest of Europe’s Torah scholars and observant Jews.

It is inconceivable that the Holocaust be regarded as an example of punishment for sin, in particular when addressing this generation, which as mentioned before is “a firebrand plucked from the fire” of the Holocaust.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14