Author Topic: Seattle, WA - No Menorahs At Sea-Tac Airport.  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
Seattle, WA - No Menorahs At Sea-Tac Airport.
« on: July 13, 2007, 06:55:21 PM »

Seattle, WA - At Sea-Tac Airport this holiday season, but there will not be a Christmas tree.

Not by definition, anyway.

Nor will menorahs or Buddhas be present.

So recommended the Port of Seattle's Holiday Decorations Advisory Committee on Thursday.

"No specific religious symbols should be used," recommended the committee, formed after the port was slammed internationally for yanking down -- then reinstating -- its airport's nine Christmas trees last December. The port's controversial decision to take down the trees last December, later reversed, was made under a threat from Rabbi Elazar Bogomilsky, who hired a lawyer and threatened to sue the port if it did not add an 8-foot menorah next to the trees festooned with red ribbons and bows. [ap]

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Seattle, WA - No Menorahs At Sea-Tac Airport.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 07:23:48 PM »

Seattle, WA - At Sea-Tac Airport this holiday season, but there will not be a Christmas tree.

Not by definition, anyway.

Nor will menorahs or Buddhas be present.

So recommended the Port of Seattle's Holiday Decorations Advisory Committee on Thursday.

"No specific religious symbols should be used," recommended the committee, formed after the port was slammed internationally for yanking down -- then reinstating -- its airport's nine Christmas trees last December. The port's controversial decision to take down the trees last December, later reversed, was made under a threat from Rabbi Elazar Bogomilsky, who hired a lawyer and threatened to sue the port if it did not add an 8-foot menorah next to the trees festooned with red ribbons and bows. [ap]

Bottom line, this is a Christian country..not a Jewish one.  I couldn't careless if everything was Christmas during Christmas time and there was no Hanukah anywhere...Furthermore, I get very offended when a fellow Jew gets offended that there are no Jewish symbols around during Christmas time.  Hanukah is not half the holiday to Jews as Christmas is to Chritians!  Secondly, many of these Jews should be fighting for recognition of more important Jewish holidays such as Shavuot and Sukkot if they are going to fight for anything...Not Hanukah...Gosh, it pisses me off! Just want to kick them in the nuuuuuuuuuts!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

newman

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 08:56:30 PM »
I vote for a Christmas tree for the christians, a menorah for the Jews and large mohammed cartoon so the muslims know they're not welcome. :P

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 11:29:35 AM »
As a Jew and an American, I get offended when I do not see Christmas trees in public places during the holiday season.