Author Topic: I don't smoke but this is ridiculous  (Read 1051 times)

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
Re: I don't smoke but this is ridiculous
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 02:27:24 PM »
This is bullsh*t! Let people make there own decisions about alcohol and tabaco.
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 02:57:09 PM »
Bloomberg knows what's best for you.  :::D

I don't plan on ever starting smoking and I don't think anybody else should either, but I don't see how this kind of thing is going to prevent young people from smoking. It seems to me that it would give cigarettes more of the "forbidden fruit" type of appeal.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 06:24:17 PM »
I think cigarettes should be banned period. Chaim has spoken on this subject in the past. If JTF took over the Israeli government, he said either they would be outlawed or have a high tax on them (I forget which one.). He also said that he would give them to Arabs for free.

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 06:56:15 PM »
I think cigarettes should be banned period. Chaim has spoken on this subject in the past. If JTF took over the Israeli government, he said either they would be outlawed or have a high tax on them (I forget which one.). He also said that he would give them to Arabs for free.

High tax would be a shame. What is it that people dont have the're own choice to smoke ore not. Why shall we let people pay more and more for this. We are adults, we don't need leaders that deside for us!
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 11:21:47 PM »

Good luck. Especially in Israel. You can't just bann cigarettes. It will never happen and if it does people will still find ways to obtain them. Sure way to increase crime and more smuggling in or people getting out (of the land and country).

The aggressive ad campaigns in the U.S. slowly but surely is helping the situation more and more and making a lot less young people start smoking, add high taxes (thus high price) for a pack of cigarettes and you see demand going lower and lower for society as a whole.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 11:26:49 PM »
I really don't see people smoking anymore.
There's no need to add more regulations to NYC. Or anywhere around the world.

Also, I agree with giving them free to 'rabs.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 02:01:59 AM »
Call me crazy I support this. Anything that will keep people from smoking I'm for. I had viral Farengites about a month ago because I'm around so many smokers at my work. I hurt me to swallow for over a week this poison needs to be outlawed and if it can't be outlawed it every measure possible to cut the number of smokers needs to be taken
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 04:18:59 AM »
Call me crazy I support this. Anything that will keep people from smoking I'm for. I had viral Farengites about a month ago because I'm around so many smokers at my work. I hurt me to swallow for over a week this poison needs to be outlawed and if it can't be outlawed it every measure possible to cut the number of smokers needs to be taken
Where in the world do they still allow people to smoke in the workplace? I can understand restricting people from smoking around others who don't however there are occupations that people work in that expose workers to toxins as bad as second hand smoke if not worse... What do we hide or outlaw for them? People going into a store for a pack of smokes know what they are going in to buy before they walk through the door putting them out of sight is really not going to prevent a thing... Not many people smoke now days anyway... Most new cars don't even have a real spot for the ashtray any longer... Years ago the front ashtray was a giant part of the dashboard and most cars had a smaller ashtrays  and cigar lighter in each door... Now days they give people a dumb little cup with a lid that fits into the cup holder... The mayor of New York treats the people that live there like a collection of retards living in a group home... In his mind only he knows whats best for the inmates of his asylum.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 05:11:17 AM »
I am against tobacco period but Doomberg's motives in this are less than noble.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 09:26:16 AM »
Now so-called harmless electronic cigarettes are slowly getting in to vogue.   
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 04:44:15 PM »
High tax would be a shame. What is it that people dont have the're own choice to smoke ore not. Why shall we let people pay more and more for this. We are adults, we don't need leaders that deside for us!

Well said... and I personally hate cigarettes.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 09:36:30 PM »
All high taxes really do in my opinion is to make it harder on people who are already addicted. Some people are able to quit and some can't.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 09:39:54 PM »
Now so-called harmless electronic cigarettes are slowly getting in to vogue.
'

I always see that in spam mail.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 10:35:30 AM »
'

I always see that in spam mail.

But not here. :spam:  ;D
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Havok

• Full JTFer
  • You'll never get rid of me
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 10:48:04 AM »
Cigarettes are already very highly priced because of Bloomberg. Some packs go for over 14 dollars because of the taxes he put on it.
The moral of this story is that no matter how much we try, no matter how much we want it … some stories just don't have a happy ending.

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 11:04:35 AM »
All high taxes really do in my opinion is to make it harder on people who are already addicted. Some people are able to quit and some can't.

This people will buy it anway. This is how hard working people get in trouble to pay there bills. Because our so called leaders raise the taxes.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 12:08:42 PM »

If that were all high taxes did it would be bad enough. The real problem with high taxes is that it gives government access to more money. And, since government consists of politicians and bureaucrats who never saw a dollar that they hadn't already spent before taking possession of, the high taxes from cigarettes or any other so-called sin tax will need to be replaced by something else if people actually did stop smoking. Case in point, look at the amount of tax charged per gallon of gasoline. If solar powered cars became feasible tomorrow, everyone went out and bought one, and gasoline usage went down by 95%, do you honestly think that government officials would just shrug their shoulders and cut back on their spending. I bet there are already contingency plans in place for others ways to raise lost revenue from something like that.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson