Author Topic: I have no problem with JTF discussing Christian theology..  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
I have no problem with JTF discussing Christian theology..
« on: April 03, 2013, 04:58:35 PM »
JTF: I won't get mad at Jews expressing their opinions.   We can all be civil despite the topics. Thanks

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: I have no problem with JTF discussing Christian theology..
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 04:59:20 PM »
JTF: I won't get mad at Jews expressing their opinions.   We can all be civil despite the topics. Thanks

Why should we discuss it? We don't believe in it.. And there are various difficulties in doing so without offending other JTF members. I would prefer Christian topics to be posted somewhere else..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 05:00:35 PM »

Then why were the Anti-X topics locked?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 07:11:27 PM »

Then why were the Anti-X topics locked?
Because soon you would start getting reply's that may be less than acceptable here on a Jewish forum... There are answers to some issues that have been presented here in the past that would really put an end to any cooperation between Christians and Jews...
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 07:19:10 PM »
Personally I would not mind, but the thread can be labelled as such and a "warning" sign warning against only the un-offended can join in.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 07:29:03 PM »
Personally I would not mind, but the thread can be labelled as such and a "warning" sign warning against only the un-offended can join in.
Personally I see a thread like that counter productive to the forum.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 07:48:32 PM »
Personally I see a thread like that counter productive to the forum.

I second that... I do suggest that maybe a Christian section be added, but I still think there may be issues...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 09:32:52 PM »
There are plenty of places where Christians can discuss Christian theology. Churches, friends, church groups, Christian forums, YouTube comments about Christian videos, Facebook Christian pages etc....

If anyone wants to discuss it in a forum, why not send each other private messages?

The only problem here is - I agree above- that the responses people leave on the threads are not always what others want to hear. I am interested in debates but I think debates should be done in forums set up specifically for religion-debates. I may be interested but don't believe in it, and my theories on the matter may offend Christians. So I most likely should not. But discussing theology usually leads into a debate.

People don't want to hear "well my truth is the only truth" which none of us straight out say it but we hint at it through our answers. It hits very close to the borderline. It's something that should be dealt with caution.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 10:25:46 PM »

People don't want to hear "well my truth is the only truth" which none of us straight out say it but we hint at it through our answers. It hits very close to the borderline. It's something that should be dealt with caution.

I say it and I know it. I don't care about "offending". People are too sensitive and I was taught to stand for the truth.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 11:37:51 PM »
JTF is not really the place for that.  And frankly, I think we have to agree to disagree on some theology.  I always say that.  Such threads always lead to needless bickering, which no one wants. 

So while I appreciate that Debbie wouldn't be bothered by it, it's still a sensitive issue. 

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 12:44:53 AM »
Can this thread be closed as well? This is the 3rd in a row...

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 02:15:06 AM »
Have to agree with Lisa here. I didn't really think that discussing the Christian Antichrist (since he also will persecute Jews) was a big deal, but obviously some people were upset by it.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 02:25:18 AM »
Alright, I have to step in again and say the following:

I believe that Rabbi Kahane was absolutely against Jews learning Christian theology. I know he spoke at great lengths about the evils of assimilation, and how the Jews are always targeted for conversion by various missionary groups of various churches which exist today. I believe he would support what JTF is doing but I do believe he would be concerned if we did not suggest Noachide as the preferred beliefs of Gentiles. I know this is a sore topic for Christians because many do not want to adopt Noachide beliefs which contradict their current belief system (I will not mention it).

I do not want to offend any non-Jew who is a loyal supporter of Chaim and the movement, nor any non-Jew who is supportive of the state of Israel. As I say many times, the Jewish vision of a Jewish religious state is not what many non-Jews want to hear. I suggest that those not familiar with what the 'Halacha' is concerning the Jewish kingdom which many religious Zionists are seeking to bring about should consider looking into it.

I want all of you to know that no matter what you believe about divinity all those loyal JTF members I have known over the years strike me as righteous to the core. I am not the judge of man, I can only determine who you are through the computer screen. I know that we all are seeking the best for mankind, and our peoples.

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 03:50:38 AM »
Why should we discuss it? We don't believe in it.. And there are various difficulties in doing so without offending other JTF members. I would prefer Christian topics to be posted somewhere else..
So you like to separate Jews and Christians. Is it something like seperate Germans from the Jews like Hitler did? Funny, people keep moaning and crying about there own religion all the time. Soon our countrys are nothing more than Islamic [censored] holes. Don't you think people should unite as one to fight Islam in Europe, Israel and the US?
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 04:18:31 AM »
So you like to separate Jews and Christians. Is it something like seperate Germans from the Jews like Hitler did? Funny, people keep moaning and crying about there own religion all the time. Soon our countrys are nothing more than Islamic [censored] holes. Don't you think people should unite as one to fight Islam in Europe, Israel and the US?

I surely believe we should unite. But does that does not mean that Christian theology needs to be discussed. As I said previously we should attempt to be sensitive of each others beliefs. But as I believe JTF must attract more Jewish members in order to have the effect it intends to have on Jewish affairs in Israel and influence the Jewish opinion in America.

My understanding of my religion requires me to be faithful to only One G-d, and always remember that there is no other beside him. Religions which ask me to to believe that our G-d has changed this fact and become something different must be rejected by my Jewish faith.

So while I agree that we can work together, it doesn't mean that JTF should become a place to discuss non-Jewish theology. Unless, as I proposed previously, that there is a section which I would just avoid (and most religious Jews) to avoid reading about those topics....

Offline Draughts

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 04:47:45 AM »
Can this thread be closed as well? This is the 3rd in a row...

You are not Jewish.

Offline Draughts

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 05:06:32 AM »
Let's just delete all threads that even have the word "Christian" in it and the problem is resolved. I hope we are done with fussiness on this thread.

Also I don't see Christian long time members preaching about Christianity here all the time.
Whoever thinks otherwise, is definitely exaggerating and making wrong pretensions to make all Christians look like those who want to "convert" the non-Christians.

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 05:57:32 AM »
You are not Jewish.

How does this respond to my comment?

Offline Draughts

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 06:05:07 AM »
How does this respond to my comment?

How? Correspondingly.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 06:59:43 AM »
I'm going to make my peace her and lock the thread again. If a Christian wants to give a point of view as a Christian about another topic, that's fine IMO. But to open a thread that is, I'm sorry, basically irrelevant to jtf, and it's just about Christian theology, I don't think it is appropriate to post here. And if there is a topic that wants to get a Jewish perspective of a Christian doctrine or vice versa, I'm ok with it until people start bickering senselessly.

I'm glad we are having this talk because it seems like people here are starting to show respect.

If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2013, 12:03:16 PM »
How? Correspondingly.

You're an idiot and the gentile version of a kike.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2013, 12:18:03 PM »
Ughhh.... can't we just have a 'christian theology' or 'gentile theology' room on here?   I don't see what the problem would be.  Then... members can choose whether they want to see these types of topics.

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 12:55:55 PM »
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 12:56:22 PM »
Why bother ?

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 01:01:18 PM »
So quick to throw out insults. Very demeaning to your characters. She was implying that because he is not Jewish, he should not be supporting the wants of a Jewish group, or simply that he's being a traitor to another religion by supporting censorship of Christian theology debates at the behest of us naughty Zionists.

Now you can insult (her?)
I've done my word.