Author Topic: JTF QR Code for your site  (Read 2717 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
JTF QR Code for your site
« on: April 07, 2013, 06:32:34 PM »

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: JTF QR Code for your site
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 06:38:03 PM »
For those who are not familiar with QR codes, here is some info...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qr_code

QR code (abbreviated from Quick Response Code) is the trademark for a type of matrix barcode (or two-dimensional bar code) first designed for the automotive industry in Japan. Bar codes are optical machine-readable labels attached to items that record information related to the item. It was initially patented; however, its patent holder has chosen not to exercise those rights.[1] Recently, the QR Code system has become popular outside the automotive industry due to its fast readability and greater storage capacity compared to standard UPC barcodes. The code consists of black modules (square dots) arranged in a square grid on a white background. The information encoded may be made up of four standardized types ("modes") of data (numeric, alphanumeric, byte / binary, Kanji) or, through supported extensions, virtually any type of data.[2]

A QR code is read by an imaging device, such as a camera, and formatted algorithmically by underlying software using Reed-Solomon error correction until the image can be appropriately interpreted. Data is then extracted from patterns present in both horizontal and vertical components of the image. As a variety of industries utilize the QR code today, the applications for use can vary from product tracking, item identification, time tracking, document management and general marketing purposes.[3]

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 09:21:31 PM »
I can't wait to scan that on my phone.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 01:57:26 AM »
I can't wait to scan that on my phone.

It will bring you right back to JTF... But if your phone doesn't have a bookmark to JTF just scan away!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 03:21:45 AM »
I see those everywhere like we're expected to be able to use them to go to web sites. For example at the library on the scanner machine to check out books, it says to scan the QR code with my smart phone for instructions. Of course, it's easy enough to figure out without instructions. That assumes that I have a smart phone, which I don't, and can't really afford.

I think that people are being forced into buying technology they can't afford just so they can do basic everyday things.

For example before I had my own cell phone I went to the movie theater with the idea that I'd use a pay phone afterward to call the person who was supposed to come pick me up from the theater. It had always been there. So I went, saw the movie, came back out, and looked around, there were no pay phones anywhere.

I asked where they were and the movie theater staff acted like something was wrong with me for not having a cell phone, or like I was trying to trick them or something. They finally let me use a land line phone that belonged to the movie theater to call. All the time looking at me like I was some kind of time traveler from the past.

All my cell phone does is take pictures, text, and make phone calls. It doesn't go online and it doesn't scan QR codes either.

The phones that do those things are really expensive. I don't know how people can be expected to afford them. I was basically forced to get a cell phone because all the pay phones disappeared from everywhere and now it looks like if this stupidity doesn't stop with every bit of information, even basic machine instructions, being put out with these QR codes I may be forced to somehow figure out how I'm going to afford a smart phone.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 04:26:10 AM »
I know that last post was negative. I just don't like QR codes.

If this is what people are going to be using though then it's good that you were able to make one for JTF Muman. Thanks for that. I think it would be a good idea to print it out and post this QR code up on different public message boards and things like that with some teaser line like "Exciting, Controversial forum" with just the QR code beneath it.

Then when people go to it they can decide if they like it or not.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 07:04:54 AM »
I don't think you meant to be negative.  It's just frustrating.
I see those everywhere like we're expected to be able to use them to go to web sites. For example at the library on the scanner machine to check out books, it says to scan the QR code with my smart phone for instructions. Of course, it's easy enough to figure out without instructions. That assumes that I have a smart phone, which I don't, and can't really afford.

I think that people are being forced into buying technology they can't afford just so they can do basic everyday things.

For example before I had my own cell phone I went to the movie theater with the idea that I'd use a pay phone afterward to call the person who was supposed to come pick me up from the theater. It had always been there. So I went, saw the movie, came back out, and looked around, there were no pay phones anywhere.

I asked where they were and the movie theater staff acted like something was wrong with me for not having a cell phone, or like I was trying to trick them or something. They finally let me use a land line phone that belonged to the movie theater to call. All the time looking at me like I was some kind of time traveler from the past.

All my cell phone does is take pictures, text, and make phone calls. It doesn't go online and it doesn't scan QR codes either.

The phones that do those things are really expensive. I don't know how people can be expected to afford them. I was basically forced to get a cell phone because all the pay phones disappeared from everywhere and now it looks like if this stupidity doesn't stop with every bit of information, even basic machine instructions, being put out with these QR codes I may be forced to somehow figure out how I'm going to afford a smart phone.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 10:09:01 AM »
I don't think you meant to be negative.  It's just frustrating.

Thanks. It really is. Paying over 50 dollars every month to keep my cell phone activated is much more expensive than 50 cents on a pay phone every once in a while. Yet I end up feeling like the cell phone is compulsory. It would be one thing if it were a choice, but the choice has been taken away completely.

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 10:27:50 AM »
Thanks. It really is. Paying over 50 dollars every month to keep my cell phone activated is much more expensive than 50 cents on a pay phone every once in a while. Yet I end up feeling like the cell phone is compulsory. It would be one thing if it were a choice, but the choice has been taken away completely.
$50 a month is way too expensive. In Israel there is basic packages for just ₪10 a month ($2.5) which includes 60 minutes of air time per month. And for ₪100 you get unlimited calls and Internet browsing.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 11:00:46 AM »
$50 a month is way too expensive. In Israel there is basic packages for just ₪10 a month ($2.5) which includes 60 minutes of air time per month. And for ₪100 you get unlimited calls and Internet browsing.

I've got the most basic package there is. The monthly fee itself might not be that much but there are other fees added onto it which make it up to around 50.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 11:03:08 AM »
I've got the most basic package there is. The monthly fee itself might not be that much but there are other fees added onto it which make it up to around 50.

net10.com is $15/month
trackfone.com is even less.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 11:13:08 AM »
net10.com is $15/month
trackfone.com is even less.

There are reasons I have the company I do have but thanks ACK I'll keep those in mind.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 02:31:47 PM »
Even texting is garbage. If someone sends me a text message, it costs me 20 cents. People can send people they don't like text messages just to waste their money. I just call people from my cell phone. It takes pictures but I don't know what to do with the pictures other than view them on the phone.

Why do people think they constantly need to be connected? Can't they wait until they get home to check their E-mail?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 02:48:15 PM »
The only good part about the picture part of the phone is being able to send it to my e-mail so I can save the pictures that way.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 02:55:18 PM »
you can send text using your email.
such as:
[email protected]
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 03:30:12 PM »
I think what pisses me off about all this information being accessible only through new technology is that it assumes that if you're a normal person you're going to have this or that latest gadget. So many things are routinely done online now with the offline option having been pretty much phased out. Society just assumes that you have internet access, regardless to whether you can afford it or not. Society also assumes you have a cell phone and alternatives like payphones are taken away so they're not available anymore. Now I see these QR codes everywhere and even though I have internet access and a cell phone it's somehow not good enough. When will the madness end?  :'(

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 04:00:23 PM »
In my industry everyone has a smart phone. I work in Silicon Valley and need to stay up to date with the latest and greatest technologies. For a long time I was like Rubystars and figured I would never need a camera in my phone. But as time goes on I see that it is a great feature. I have used the phones camera to take pictures of things which I normally would not have taken because I don't carry a camera around. When I got in an auto accident I took pictures of the damage and of the car which hit me, and it's license plate... In the end my insurance covered my car virtually completely because of the proof that it was not my fault (and also because an eye-witness also testified to the cop that I was hit by the other party).

I generally resist jumping onto new technologies until the third or fourth generation of the technology. When CD's first came out I didn't buy them for almost seven years until the technology had become more perfected (1st generation CD's had a very tinny sound due to differences in audio mastering between vinyl and digital). I did not jump onto the flat-screen monitor/tv craze until the prices came down and the sharpness of the picture (and color crispness) increased. But it is impossible, especially in my field, to not examine every new technology and decide if it is useful to my life.

My phone normally costs about $600 but because I have been a long time subscriber to my service I only paid $60 for the phone with a two year contract (but I have been with them for almost 20 years, so a 2 year contract is NOTHING to me). I will be able to upgrade my phone next year also...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 04:03:20 PM »
I think what pisses me off about all this information being accessible only through new technology is that it assumes that if you're a normal person you're going to have this or that latest gadget. So many things are routinely done online now with the offline option having been pretty much phased out. Society just assumes that you have internet access, regardless to whether you can afford it or not. Society also assumes you have a cell phone and alternatives like payphones are taken away so they're not available anymore. Now I see these QR codes everywhere and even though I have internet access and a cell phone it's somehow not good enough. When will the madness end?  :'(

I am sorry if this makes you feel left out... But technology has always marched forward. We would all still be listening to Vinyl records on turntables today if not for progress. Also technological advancement provides inventors and engineers opportunities to make money, and to improve the life of those who use these technologies. Obviously I am aware of the 'double-edged' sword analogy of technology, how it is good for us to use, but can also be abused by 'big brother'. I have always been wary of technology companies which seek to obtain too much information about those who use their services. I have even been invited for an interview at google recently but I am holding off because of concerns I have about privacy...

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 04:30:55 PM »
It's not so much about being left out Muman. It's not as if I'm jealous of smart phones.

If it's a choice (whether to get it or not get it) and still fully participate in society, then I'd be happy to let other people scan the QR codes. I didn't get a cell phone until all the pay phones were taken away and I didn't really care that other people had them because it didn't affect me, however when it affected me I resented it. My ability to call someone after a movie or when I was in a store away from home, etc. was taken away unless I got a cell phone too. This was a big inconvenience to me and a pressure to buy technology that I didn't really have any interest in buying prior to that.

I don't really want or need a smart phone. If it gets to the point where I won't be able to do my daily business without a smart phone then I'll end up feeling obligated to get one regardless of whether I want one or not.

I like having the internet because I can meet people I couldn't meet otherwise and access radio shows I like, etc. but at the same time I don't think it's right that so many offline options have been taken away and that if people don't have internet access, they're considered to be at a disadvantage.  I think it should be optional on whether to try the new system or not rather than forcing people into it. Then if someone wants to take advantage of it, they can.

I'd probably still not have a cell phone if the pay phones hadn't been taken away because I always considered it to be a waste of money when there was a land line at home and pay phones away from home.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 04:39:39 PM »
In my industry everyone has a smart phone. I work in Silicon Valley and need to stay up to date with the latest and greatest technologies. For a long time I was like Rubystars and figured I would never need a camera in my phone. But as time goes on I see that it is a great feature. I have used the phones camera to take pictures of things which I normally would not have taken because I don't carry a camera around. When I got in an auto accident I took pictures of the damage and of the car which hit me, and it's license plate... In the end my insurance covered my car virtually completely because of the proof that it was not my fault (and also because an eye-witness also testified to the cop that I was hit by the other party).

did you bash him in the head with your phone afterward?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 04:41:03 PM »

...but you do have internet access.

also electronic billing is to save money......for the credit card companies to save money.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 04:49:13 PM »

...but you do have internet access.

also electronic billing is to save money......for the credit card companies to save money.

I enjoy internet access. but I think it sucks that it's not just another option, but it's basically the only practical way to do a lot of things now.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 10:34:17 PM »
Because of the Internet, it's harder to get a job. All the applications are computerized and rarely does a person actually review it. Usually the computer looks for differnet things and rejects some people. As a result, it's hard for whites to get a job at a store that's part of a national chain. The only hope is the local store that's privately owned.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 10:35:09 PM »
Because of the Internet, it's harder to get a job. All the applications are computerized and rarely does a person actually review it. Usually the computer looks for differnet things and rejects some people. As a result, it's hard for whites to get a job at a store that's part of a national chain. The only hope is the local store that's privately owned.

Where I work no computer decides who works or not. Only those who have the skills required for the job are hired...

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 10:36:35 PM »
Where I work no computer decides who works or not. Only those who have the skills required for the job are hired...

Well I'm talking about stores such as supermarkets or drug store chains.