Author Topic: Rabbi Please?  (Read 3339 times)

Boeregeneraal

Rabbi Please?
« on: July 20, 2007, 01:14:14 AM »
Shalom All

I am studying the 613 Laws, and I want to begin following those 613 Laws.

Is there perhaps a Rabbi on the forums, whom I can ask questions to?

TODA

Offline Hail Columbia

• Master JTFer
  • Vrijheid, Welvaart, Beschaving
    • AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website
Re: Rabbi Please?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 01:22:13 AM »
Since you're not a Jew, you do not need to follow all of the 613 Laws.  All that you need to do is follow the Seven Laws of Noah.

Learn the truth about rap "music": (Strongly recommended for new members)
www.geocities.com/wilder2k1
My MySpace site:
http://www.myspace.com/hailcolumbiajtf
My YouTube site:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HailColumbiaJTF
Dixie Outfitters, Preserving Southern Heritage Since 1861:
http://www.dixieoutfitters.com/
AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website:
http://www.africancrisis.co.za
The Right Perspective, NYC's Most Dangerous Callers to Talk Radio, Airing Live Every Friday Night, 10 PM EST:
http://www.therightperspectivepodcastblog.blogspot.com/

In thy power Almighty, trusting,
Did our fathers build of old;
Strengthen then, O Lord, their children
To defend, to love, to hold
That the heritage they gave us
For our children yet may be:
Bondsmen only to the Highest
And before the whole world free.
As our fathers trusted humbly,
Teach us, Lord, to trust Thee still:
Guard our land and guide our people
In Thy way to do Thy will.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 01:37:15 AM »
Lubab is the Rabbi here.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 04:22:59 PM »
If you want to convert, I have to discourage it. It is very hard to be a Jew. It is up to you though. If you want to, the water is fine. But remeber Boer Genaraal, being a Jew is hard. Alot of studying.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 04:37:10 PM »
Lubab is the fantastic rabbi and you can also visit a website called, revealtheessence.com
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 04:41:47 PM by lubab »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 05:41:12 PM »
Shalom All

I am studying the 613 Laws, and I want to begin following those 613 Laws.

Is there perhaps a Rabbi on the forums, whom I can ask questions to?

TODA

You're nuts!!! Why be a Jew?  Hated by all in the world. Lifestyle is near impossible. Persecuted everywhere you go even in Israel...Restricted to do certain things...forget it..enjoy being you.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

newman

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 05:46:36 PM »
Boergeneral, Just for your information I'll put up this noachide Chassid link. Being a noachide chassid is the correct path for gentiles under Judaic Law. It's like being Jewish but with only 1/7 the responsibilities and you can still enjoy bacon and shrimp. :) :)

http://www.noachidechassid.com/news.php

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 05:52:18 PM »
Boergeneraal, I agree with newman, Noachide Chassidism is the right way to go.  You can look up to the 613 mitzvot in a symbolic and inspirational way, but there isn't a big reason to actually become a Jew. 

Of course if you really want to convert to Judaism, I would encourage you to do so as well.

Try this site Boergeneraal, you can ask all the questions you want to some of the most educated religious Jews on the planet:

www.askmoses.com

They should be able to steer you in the right direction.  Let us know what happens!

You'll have to wait until Shabbat is over of course.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 06:04:00 PM by Ze'ev Jabotinsky »
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

newman

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 05:58:10 PM »
Just take caution and consult a Rabbi before following any Laws that apply only to Jews. Following some of them the way Jews do when you are not Jewish is forbidden.

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2007, 12:37:06 AM »
Shalom All

Thank you all for your replies- is truly appreciated.

Well, Im not so much looking to convert, but more so, to find the TRUTH.

You see, I accept Jesus as the Messiah.

However, much of the New Testament has been "hacked" by the roman catholic church-whom have changed and corrupted Christendom e.g. Shabbat is now sunday
but there are MANY other ways in which the church has corrupted christians.

I do NOT want to follow the catholic church, and I think that the TRUTH lies in the Torah, and not in the corrupted Bible(Corrupted by the papacy)

Don't get me wrong, the ORIGINAL Bible was NOT corrupted, but today's Bible IS.

Hope not to offend anyone here.

newman

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2007, 12:41:57 AM »
None taken here, BG. There are some excellent links here for you to follow up. Good luck in your search. :)

PS: Remember that there's no shortage of learned Jews on this forum to help. ;)

raiseyourfist

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2007, 01:14:43 AM »
Im glad you can see that the Tanach is not corrupt and the teachings are to be followed by those they instruct it to...

There needs to be more people like yourself boergenaral people who understand that JTF is the real truth...

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2007, 01:31:44 AM »
I hope this board isn't seen as Jewish proselytizing.   :P
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

newman

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2007, 01:43:32 AM »
I hope this board isn't seen as Jewish proselytizing.   :P

All we did was give him a steer to some Q & A sites. Would persons of another faith have been so ambiguous and lay-back? :)

Offline Shechinah

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2007, 06:42:51 AM »

::)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2007, 08:19:26 AM »
Shalom All

Thank you all for your replies- is truly appreciated.

Well, Im not so much looking to convert, but more so, to find the TRUTH.

However, much of the New Testament has been "hacked" by the roman catholic church-whom have changed and corrupted Christendom e.g. Shabbat is now sunday
but there are MANY other ways in which the church has corrupted christians.

I do NOT want to follow the catholic church, and I think that the TRUTH lies in the Torah, and not in the corrupted Bible(Corrupted by the papacy)

Don't get me wrong, the ORIGINAL Bible was NOT corrupted, but today's Bible IS.

Hope not to offend anyone here.

I think it is wonderful that you want to keep Jesus as your messiah...It seems that you basically want to be as the early Christians were before they were called Christians.  This will require a lot of studying on your part to not lose your original way while practicing Judaism's 613 mitzvot. I only worry that when you study Torah and Talmud very closely, you will lose Jesus.  As you study and practice the mitzvot and study it properly, you will realize some contradictions in your belief in Jesus as the messiah.  So choose wisely in what you want to do.

Personally, I do not believe that Jesus is the messiah, but I respect anyone else who does believe that he is.  When the messiah comes, it won't matter if it is his first or second coming because the messiah will be coming for all righteous men and women.  The fact that you believe in a messiah shows that you have great faith in Gd...and to me, that is what the bottom line is and is the most important thing.

(it's the very reason why I dislike atheism more than Islam).
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 08:21:24 AM by dannycookie57 »
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein