Author Topic: New wonder drug against cancer? Possible discovery by Jewish scientist  (Read 7841 times)

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
You did nothing to me, but you said something illogical.

You are behaving like a hypocrite because you want to slander and denounce the people who create and develop drugs, but guess what happens the day you get some kind of illness God forbid?   You would be the first one on line at the doctor's office begging him to prescribe you those drugs (God forbid).   That entire pharma-bash crowd is full of self-righteous imbecilic hypocrites.   So when you make a comment similar to the nonsense they propagate, it rightfully provokes a response from someone (ie myself) more level-headed on this issue to combat the ignorance you are spreading.

How did I end up in that "bash" category? I just did a search, I can't find anything. I never said anything about them.

I know nothing about this "bash" crowd.

So next time you reply to someone else and I happen to disagree, I can yell at you and call you names?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
Pardon my skepticism here, but for all the piles upon piles of research into p53, companies have failed at developing drugs out of it.   
Even aside from that, the vast majority of cancer types have mutated p53, so this compound wouldn't even address that problem.  It's only activating the properly formed p53!  (assuming it even works at doing that).
Sounds to me like pure hype.

Btw, I also just read that Science magazine named p53 the molecule of the year... in 1993!

My friend, immunotherapy is the new frontier.   Hopefully cd47 is one type that will succeed.  Others have already shown incredible results.

This isn't using p53 as a drug this is using a chemical that activates defunct active and mutant type p53. The only other drug that I ever heard of using p53 was a compound that inserted the flu virus with functioning p53 into people nothing near this. I would go to the press releases if you want more info

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
One of the reasons people turn to alternative therapies for cancer, and die because of it, is that people are really afraid of current chemotherapy drugs. If a slick snake oil salesman comes along and says "I can cure your cancer, and you won't even have to get sick or lose your hair!" then a lot of people will be receptive to that. What's really needed are new drugs that don't make people sick during chemotherapy. Then many more people will turn to standard, effective medicine rather than good sounding but ultimately hopeless "alternatives".

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
Chemo therapy should only be used for pedofile inmates.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
One of the reasons people turn to alternative therapies for cancer, and die because of it, is that people are really afraid of current chemotherapy drugs. If a slick snake oil salesman comes along and says "I can cure your cancer, and you won't even have to get sick or lose your hair!" then a lot of people will be receptive to that. What's really needed are new drugs that don't make people sick during chemotherapy. Then many more people will turn to standard, effective medicine rather than good sounding but ultimately hopeless "alternatives".

Now that's another problem. Steve Jobs of Apple was a victim of this.
His doctors told him years ago to treat his cancer. But instead he decided to meditate it away.
He became a bag of bones when the world found out about it.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
His doctors told him years ago to treat his cancer. But instead he decided to meditate it away.
Where did you hear this? He had pancreatic cancer (I think) which is nearly incurable no matter what.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Speaking of pancreatic cancer, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg also has it.  But she' not dead yet. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
BTW wikipedia says he was arab-american. 'rabs are too stupid to have done what he did. Was he Jewish?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
BTW wikipedia says he was arab-american. 'rabs are too stupid to have done what he did. Was he Jewish?
His biological father was Syrian but he was adopted by American christian parents.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
He wasn't full-blooded Arab. He also had some Swiss in him.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member

How did I end up in that "bash" category? I just did a search, I can't find anything. I never said anything about them.

I know nothing about this "bash" crowd.

So next time you reply to someone else and I happen to disagree, I can yell at you and call you names?

Are you joking?  You ssid and I quote. "I hope the pharmaceutical companies don't kill this"
That is like saying I hope the firemen don't start fires or I hope the firemen don't add gasoline to the fires.
The idea that pharma is burying or killing a cure for cancer is simply bashing.

Then you say let's choose saviing lives over 6 million extra dollars.  Who exactly is making that choice?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I am one of those 'pharma company' skeptics... I know in the pain medication field they are pumping out pain meds, doctors are over-prescribing them, and there is a lot of addiction problems being caused. This is a fact which I have personally observed.

I do hope that the pharma companies will move ahead with this medicine. I doubt it will help my family though because these trials take a long time. My step-dad almost died from a chemo drug he was given (he stopped taking it two years ago, while the others who were taking it in his group have all succumbed to their cancer).

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member

This isn't using p53 as a drug this is using a chemical that activates defunct active and mutant type p53. The only other drug that I ever heard of using p53 was a compound that inserted the flu virus with functioning p53 into people nothing near this. I would go to the press releases if you want more info

But I've read about it.  This drug only works on the non-mutated form of p53.  I would characterize this type of treatment as more of a longshot, if anything.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Are you joking?  You ssid and I quote. "I hope the pharmaceutical companies don't kill this"
That is like saying I hope the firemen don't start fires or I hope the firemen don't add gasoline to the fires.
The idea that pharma is burying or killing a cure for cancer is simply bashing.

Then you say let's choose saviing lives over 6 million extra dollars.  Who exactly is making that choice?

Leave me alone.
Have a nice day.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican

There are a lot of people who make the same kind of choices. Not all of them are stupid. Some of them would literally rather die than go through chemotherapy. I don't think it's logical for them to think that dying of cancer will somehow be less difficult though.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
There are a lot of people who make the same kind of choices. Not all of them are stupid. Some of them would literally rather die than go through chemotherapy. I don't think it's logical for them to think that dying of cancer will somehow be less difficult though.
The cure rate of pancreatic cancer is close to zero. Do I necessarily think it is totally irrational to conclude that a (probably bogus) alternative treatment beats six extra months of extremely poor quality life with chemo/radiation? No.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
The cure rate of pancreatic cancer is close to zero. Do I necessarily think it is totally irrational to conclude that a (probably bogus) alternative treatment beats six extra months of extremely poor quality life with chemo/radiation? No.
Steve Jobs survived for about a decade, he had a reasonable quality of life most of that time. It was said he had gotten a prognosis of a treatable pancreatic cancer but he delayed the treatment for months in favor of positive thinking and nutrition therapy.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮

Right. He probably could have at least lived longer.
And I'm not calling him stupid. He probably was a genius or at least near it.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline NoMosqueHere

• Master JTFer
I hate to be a downer, but dozens of such "revolutionary wonder drugs" have been discussed in the news over the last 20 years or so.  And none of them ever cured cancer.  Sometimes I get paranoid, thinking that these drugs are being subverted because so much money is spent on chronic therapies and medicine, surgery, hospitalizations, etc.  I wonder if the incentive to cure any illness is gone for good.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
This would be wonderful. Think of the pain and money it would save people.  Some Drs have taken advantage of all the chemo drugs on the market and charged the patients alot of money.  If there was one certain cure, it would be to the benefit of the patient!

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
I hate to be a downer, but dozens of such "revolutionary wonder drugs" have been discussed in the news over the last 20 years or so.  And none of them ever cured cancer.  Sometimes I get paranoid, thinking that these drugs are being subverted because so much money is spent on chronic therapies and medicine, surgery, hospitalizations, etc.  I wonder if the incentive to cure any illness is gone for good.
There is an incentive. A cured patient will live on to catch on another disease. In the mean time while the patient is still healthy, odds are he is still a big consumer of pharmaceuticals he doesn't need.