Author Topic: New wonder drug against cancer? Possible discovery by Jewish scientist  (Read 7842 times)

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
בס''ד

This would be wonderful news if it turns out to be effective, G-d willing. Let's pray that this miracle comes true and relieves the world of the nightmare of cancer.

A Jewish scientist named Irv Weissman discovered this.

You mean it wasn't a Muslim "scientist" named Mohammed Ibn Camel or a black "scientist" named Cleopatra Jefferson? According to Hollywood, the television producers and the creators of TV commercials, all of the great scientific geniuses are black. On the hideous TV program "ER", the brilliant black surgeon has to teach the dumb Jewish surgeon.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/testing_starts_creates_homegrown_4jSHWpWFBEkczPTFque7VM

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Ever notice that blacks who are middle class prefer to go to White or Jewish doctors? I wonder why...

That is not to say that there are not some good black Doctors. The case study is Dr Carson.. While he is a noble example he is the exception and not the norm...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Carson
Benjamin Solomon "Ben" Carson, Sr. (born September 18, 1951) is a retired American neurosurgeon. Among other surgical innovations, Carson did pioneering work on the successful separation of conjoined twins joined at the head. He was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian award in the United States, by President George W. Bush in 2008. After delivering a widely publicized speech at the February 2013 National Prayer Breakfast, he became a popular figure in conservative media for his views on social issues and the government's role in the health care industry.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I pray every day that a cure for cancer is discovered. My father died of cancer, and my step-father is currently struggling with advanced cancer... I suspect I too may be disposed to a cancer, G-d Forbid!
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Mein Koran

• Senior JTFer
בס''ד

This would be wonderful news if it turns out to be effective, G-d willing. Let's pray that this miracle comes true and relieves the world of the nightmare of cancer.

A Jewish scientist named Irv Weissman discovered this.

You mean it wasn't a Muslim "scientist" named Mohammed Ibn Camel or a black "scientist" named Cleopatra Jefferson? According to Hollywood, the television producers and the creators of TV commercials, all of the great scientific geniuses are black. On the hideous TV program "ER", the brilliant black surgeon has to teach the dumb Jewish surgeon.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/testing_starts_creates_homegrown_4jSHWpWFBEkczPTFque7VM

No doubt the Muslims will come crawling to the dreaded Yahud for this medicine
Islam is retarded - Geert Wilders, peace be upon him

Online Dan193

• Master JTFer
It will never get on the market.
Its kind of like an alternative to oil.  The oil companies would never allow it on the market.
The big pharmaceutical companies will never allow any cure to cancer to be on the market.
The pharmaceutical companies are making billions and billions right now.
They would be broke if a cure was found for cancer.

Look at this video on Youtube.

A CURE FOR CANCER found in Canada! BIG PHARMA COMPANIES won't touch it! NOT A MONEY MAKER FOR THEM!

Online Dan193

• Master JTFer
I remember this was a big story in 2005, then the story seem to die out.
Mark my words, the pharmaceutical companies probably paid off Craig Meyers who invented it to prevent it from getting on the market.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/06/22/cancer.virus/
Common virus 'kills cancer'
June 22, 2005

WASHINGTON -- A common virus that is harmless to people can destroy cancerous cells in the body and might be developed into a new cancer therapy, US researchers said.

The virus, called adeno-associated virus type 2, or AAV-2, infects an estimated 80 percent of the population.

"Our results suggest that adeno-associated virus type 2, which infects the majority of the population but has no known ill effects, kills multiple types of cancer cells yet has no effect on healthy cells," said Craig Meyers, a professor of microbiology and immunology at the Penn State College of Medicine in Pennsylvania.

"We believe that AAV-2 recognizes that the cancer cells are abnormal and destroys them. This suggests that AAV-2 has great potential to be developed as an anti-cancer agent," Meyers said in a statement.

He said at a meeting of the American Society for Virology that studies have shown women infected with AAV-2 who are also infected with a cancer-causing wart virus called HPV develop cervical cancer less frequently than uninfected women do.

AAV-2 is a small virus that cannot replicate itself without the help of another virus.

But with the help of a second virus it kills cells.

For their study, Meyers and colleagues first infected a batch of human cells with HPV, some strains of which cause cervical cancer. They then infected these cells and normal cells with AAV-2.

After six days, all the HPV-infected cells died.

The same thing happened with cervical, breast, prostate and squamous cell tumor cells.

All are cancers of the epithelial cells, which include skin cells and other cells that line the insides and outsides of organs.

"One of the most compelling findings is that AAV-2 appears to have no pathologic effects on healthy cells," Meyers said.

"So many cancer therapies are as poisonous to healthy cells as they are to cancer cells. A therapy that is able to distinguish between healthy and cancer cells could be less difficult to endure for those with cancer."

AAV-2 is being studied intensively as a gene therapy vector -- a virus modified to carry disease-correcting genes into the body.

Gene therapy researchers favor it because it does not seem to cause disease or immune system reaction on its own.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
I wan' knoh why yoo be lyin' yoo bloo-eyed Jew devil! Evuhbuddy know black siance diskovad this drug! Wah don' yoo jus' shut yo' mouth! The Mutha Plane be zappin' all yoo Jew devils soon!

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
Macrobiotics is notorious for fighting cancer.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
I wonder if the usual BDS suspects will be boycotting this.
Haha. We'll see.

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
I wonder if the usual BDS suspects will be boycotting this.

בס''ד

I hope so, G-d willing.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
I remember this was a big story in 2005, then the story seem to die out.
Mark my words, the pharmaceutical companies probably paid off Craig Meyers who invented it to prevent it from getting on the market.

That is insane.  Totally and absolute utter horse manure.   
Now you mark my words.  When/if the cd47 antibody shows promising results in phase 1 (or perhaps even before that trial enrolls!) there will be several pharma/biotech companies inventing their own cd47 antibodies and trying to advance them into clinical studies.

Afterall, that's what happened with the very promising anti-pd1 and anti-pdl1 antibodies which were all the rage at this years ASCO conference.  It is merck, bristol myers squibb, and roche (with a seemingly failed attempt by teva and small company curetech) which pursued those possibilities and funded the research and development to advance them into the clinic and which now show dazzling results in early trials.  Sorry to say but you have no idea how the world around you operates.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
I saw that one. I know innocent people who have died of cancer. I hope the pharmaceutical companies don't kill this.
I love money too, but if its a choice between making another six million dollars or saving a human being, lets save the human being.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
I saw that one. I know innocent people who have died of cancer. I hope the pharmaceutical companies don't kill this.
I love money too, but if its a choice between making another six million dollars or saving a human being, lets save the human being.

You're not making any sense.  No pharma company is covering up cancer treatments.  In fact ALL of the advancement in therapy for all types of cancer which doctors currently treat is due to the efforts of pharma.  They spent money, time, and hard work to bring about achievements to date and all of them are trying to do more.  And individual employees of these companies pour their heart and souls into the work that goes into drug development.  It is selfrighteous and downright ingratitude to slander them, some of the finest people in our society with goals to help others.

And meanwhile, on planet earth, this cd47 antibody, if it works, will make billions of dollars at the same time that it cures patients.  The monetary and societal incentives are aligned, so it makes no logical sense to expect a conflict of interest.  No doubt these doctors have patented their antibodies and will look to partner with a pharma/biotech that has the means of advancing and developing the candidate thru phase 2 and phase 3 trials, or simply get bought out by one of them for hundreds of millions or a billion dollars even, depending on how phase 1 looks.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
You're not making any sense.  No pharma company is covering up cancer treatments.  In fact ALL of the advancement in therapy for all types of cancer which doctors currently treat is due to the efforts of pharma.  They spent money, time, and hard work to bring about achievements to date and all of them are trying to do more.  And individual employees of these companies pour their heart and souls into the work that goes into drug development.  It is selfrighteous and downright ingratitude to slander them, some of the finest people in our society with goals to help others.

And meanwhile, on planet earth, this cd47 antibody, if it works, will make billions of dollars at the same time that it cures patients.  The monetary and societal incentives are aligned, so it makes no logical sense to expect a conflict of interest.  No doubt these doctors have patented their antibodies and will look to partner with a pharma/biotech that has the means of advancing and developing the candidate thru phase 2 and phase 3 trials, or simply get bought out by one of them for hundreds of millions or a billion dollars even, depending on how phase 1 looks.

¿¿What did I do to you??
You sound like a novartis advertisement.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline AmericanIsraeli

• Junior JTFer
great news

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
Hehe, I was also going to say something about people boycotting this. Lol.

If they don't boycott it, they would say something like "Zionists created cancer and that is why they found the cure" or some other nonsense. No medicine could ever cure the cancer of the mind and soul that the anti-Israel animals have.

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
Actually this drug has much more promising prospects and is lead by Jewish and Indian scientists. It has major trials going at some of the major universities in the world being completely paying for the project. I would definitely recommend investing in it if anyone is into that sort of thing.

http://cellceutix.com/kevetrin/

Kevetrin™ – Our Lead Compound

The Phase 1 trial for solid tumors is at Harvard Cancer Center’s Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and partner Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

The trial, titled, “A Phase I, Open-Label, Dose-Escalation, Safety, Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Study of Kevetrin (thioureidobutyronitrile) Administered Intravenously in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors,” will be conducted for the determination of the pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, tolerance, safety, and maximum tolerated dose in patients with the diagnosis of refractory solid tumors. Approximately 40 patients will be enrolled in the dose escalation portion of study. In addition, once the MTD has been established, up to 12 additional patients may be enrolled at the MTD dose level to further evaluate this dosage safety and pharmacodynamics.

The Principal Investigator for the trial is Geoffrey Shapiro, MD, PhD, Director, Early Drug Development Center and Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
I smell a good and unique jtf video, Chaim.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
I disagree with you. I do think Big Pharma sincerely would like to cure cancer. Whoever can cure cancer would make Bill Gates look like a homeless crackhead negro. That is some powerful motivation.

Online Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי

:::D

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
I disagree with you. I do think Big Pharma sincerely would like to cure cancer. Whoever can cure cancer would make Bill Gates look like a homeless crackhead negro. That is some powerful motivation.

Big Pharma does want big cancer to be cured. Any start up company that can find a "cure" would be offered way to much to deny the offer since these large companies would buy it out.

• Gold Star JTF Member

¿¿What did I do to you??
You sound like a novartis advertisement.

You did nothing to me, but you said something illogical.

You are behaving like a hypocrite because you want to slander and denounce the people who create and develop drugs, but guess what happens the day you get some kind of illness God forbid?   You would be the first one on line at the doctor's office begging him to prescribe you those drugs (God forbid).   That entire pharma-bash crowd is full of self-righteous imbecilic hypocrites.   So when you make a comment similar to the nonsense they propagate, it rightfully provokes a response from someone (ie myself) more level-headed on this issue to combat the ignorance you are spreading.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 02:49:42 AM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

• Gold Star JTF Member
Actually this drug has much more promising prospects and is lead by Jewish and Indian scientists. It has major trials going at some of the major universities in the world being completely paying for the project. I would definitely recommend investing in it if anyone is into that sort of thing.

http://cellceutix.com/kevetrin/

Kevetrin™ – Our Lead Compound

The Phase 1 trial for solid tumors is at Harvard Cancer Center’s Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and partner Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

The trial, titled, “A Phase I, Open-Label, Dose-Escalation, Safety, Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Study of Kevetrin (thioureidobutyronitrile) Administered Intravenously in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors,” will be conducted for the determination of the pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, tolerance, safety, and maximum tolerated dose in patients with the diagnosis of refractory solid tumors. Approximately 40 patients will be enrolled in the dose escalation portion of study. In addition, once the MTD has been established, up to 12 additional patients may be enrolled at the MTD dose level to further evaluate this dosage safety and pharmacodynamics.

The Principal Investigator for the trial is Geoffrey Shapiro, MD, PhD, Director, Early Drug Development Center and Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School.

Pardon my skepticism here, but for all the piles upon piles of research into p53, companies have failed at developing drugs out of it.   
Even aside from that, the vast majority of cancer types have mutated p53, so this compound wouldn't even address that problem.  It's only activating the properly formed p53!  (assuming it even works at doing that).
Sounds to me like pure hype.

Btw, I also just read that Science magazine named p53 the molecule of the year... in 1993!

My friend, immunotherapy is the new frontier.   Hopefully cd47 is one type that will succeed.  Others have already shown incredible results.

• Gold Star JTF Member
Members of the forum should read the following at this site under the heading "clinical trials in humans" :
http://stemcell.stanford.edu/CD47/

Clinical Trials in humans

After the successful outcomes of the experiments testing the use of anti-CD47 antibodies against human cancers transplanted into mice, plans were immediately begun to start clinical trials in humans. Unfortunately, the process of preparing for human clinical trials is long. The initial experiments were done in animals and the animal versions of anti-CD47 antibody cannot be used in humans. So researchers first have to create a "humanized" antibody to CD47, then the production of antibody must be scaled up in a sterile facility of the kind that is used to create other pharmaceutical products. Finally, clinical trials must be designed so that the data they generate will produce a valid scientific result, and the trials must be approved by regulatory officials.

All of this takes time.

For the last year, many people have been working to make clinical trials possible. We are now hopeful that the first human clinical trials of anti-CD47 antibody will take place at Stanford in mid-2014, if all goes well. Clinical trials may also be done in the United Kingdom.

As we get closer to clinical trials, we will start posting information about enrollments on this page.
"

It not only takes time, but it takes a ton of money and resources including state of the art high tech equipment.  That is just the reality of drug development.   So we better hope that pharma or biotech companies get involved because they are the ones who have the capability to develop this with these doctors and researchers!   Of course, it has to be proven safe and effective in humans, so before clinical testing conclusions cannot be drawn, but this does look promising IMO.  The macrophage and T-cell mechanism is very intriguing.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Hehe, I was also going to say something about people boycotting this. Lol.

If they don't boycott it, they would say something like "Zionists created cancer and that is why they found the cure" or some other nonsense. No medicine could ever cure the cancer of the mind and soul that the anti-Israel animals have.
Thats so right thats how the anti Jewish minds works.I go to their anti Jewish sites jut to have a laugh at the the anti semites{Jewish} i have to say Jewish because the idiots love qurananimals
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03