Author Topic: Approaching the home stretch  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Approaching the home stretch
« on: July 16, 2013, 08:01:15 PM »
I'm getting ready to go to shul for the evening prayers.

I hope I've grown from this fast.  And hope everybody else did too.   Keep in mind that as the Rambam teaches, the fast is only a means to an end.  We are supposed to use this time of affliction to examine our deeds and motivate ourselves toward rectifying our ways.  With that, maybe we can do additional mitzvot and help bring about very important changes for the betterment of the world.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Approaching the home stretch
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 08:44:29 PM »
I'm getting ready to go to shul for the evening prayers.

I hope I've grown from this fast.  And hope everybody else did too.   Keep in mind that as the Rambam teaches, the fast is only a means to an end.  We are supposed to use this time of affliction to examine our deeds and motivate ourselves toward rectifying our ways.  With that, maybe we can do additional mitzvot and help bring about very important changes for the betterment of the world.

Amen KWRBT, I share your vision and hope.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14