Author Topic: Modern Day Destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Modern Day Destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah
« on: August 11, 2013, 10:39:31 PM »
This Earthquake destroyed the city. I don't think there were fags there back then. But the city should repent, otherwise it may face such a disaster in the future. An Earthquake was also involved in the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, on the Dead Sea fault line.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1906_San_Francisco_earthquake

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Modern Day Destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 01:32:10 AM »
This Earthquake destroyed the city. I don't think there were fags there back then. But the city should repent, otherwise it may face such a disaster in the future. An Earthquake was also involved in the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, on the Dead Sea fault line.

No place is safe from disaster. I live in the SF Bay Area and I pray every day that we are protected. You do realize that there are at least 10 righteous individuals in this Bay Area. I am willing to say there are more than 10 righteous individuals in this area. I hope that all those perverts who call SF home will wake up to the realization that they are wrong, but it may not be the case, and indeed they will bring suffering to even the righteous. But I pray for them to turn around rather than curse the entire bay area.

Other regions have tornadoes, others hurricanes, and others tsunamis and sink-holes, avalanches and freak floods. If Hashem were to implement strict justice what country or person would be left standing?

Pray for the destruction of evil...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 01:52:57 AM »
Yes, I agree with that Muman said. There are more than enough righteous people that there won't be a terrible tragedy there.

Apart from that, there are 36 Tzadikim Nistarim in the world at all times.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 06:36:59 AM »
Oddly enough hurricane sandy ravaged southern manhattan and kept the lights out while northern manhattan was barely touched. Interestingly enough Chelsea, east and west village have a lot of homos and those areas were hit probably the worst. 

Just sayin
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 02:06:43 PM »
Hurricane Katrina also stopped a fag parade from taking place in New Orleans. It also punished the voodoo people. It is also well known that it was punishment to Bush and Condoleeza Rice for the Destruction of Gush Katif. Bush is from Texas and Condoleeza Rice was is from Mississippi. Louisiana is in between.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 03:34:06 PM »
Oddly enough hurricane sandy ravaged southern manhattan and kept the lights out while northern manhattan was barely touched. Interestingly enough Chelsea, east and west village have a lot of homos and those areas were hit probably the worst. 

Just sayin

Kool, nice insights.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 04:02:12 AM »
In 1906 San Francisco hadn't been the Sodom it later turned into.

Offline CorrieDeservedIt

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 12:39:04 PM »
Hurricane Katrina also stopped a fag parade from taking place in New Orleans. It also punished the voodoo people. It is also well known that it was punishment to Bush and Condoleeza Rice for the Destruction of Gush Katif. Bush is from Texas and Condoleeza Rice was is from Mississippi. Louisiana is in between.

Maybe it was retaliation for voting for David duke.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 08:17:42 AM »
These are volatile times, I say be saved and know the Lord.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 09:35:20 AM »

huh? reversed punishment?
punishment, then the crime?
let the crime fit the punishment!
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 04:57:11 PM »

huh? reversed punishment?
punishment, then the crime?
let the crime fit the punishment!

No it does not work that way according to Jewish belief. One can only be punished for something which they have done, not something they are going to do in the future. This is the way Hashem created the world.

It was asked why was Ishmael not allowed to die when he was a child, when Hagar and Ishmael were sent out of Abrahams house and into the harsh desert. Ishmael was near death, and an angel came and saved him... Why wasn't he allowed to die then? Because, it is explained, we are never punished for something we will do in the future, only what we have actually done.

See http://www.tfdixie.com/parshat/vayeira/020.htm

Genesis 21:17

And G-d heard the voice of the lad (Ishmael) and an angel of G-d called to Hagar from the Heavens and said to her 'What is the matter, Hagar? Fear not for G-d has as heard the voice of the lad, as he is there.

RASHI

As he is there: Rashi: According to his actions that he does now is he judged., and not according to what he is destined to do in the future. . Because the ministering angels were arguing against (Ishmael) and saying 'Master of the universe, he (Ishmael ) whose offspring are destined to kill Your sons with thirst (lack of water), will You cause a well to rise up for him? And He answered them: At the present moment, what is he righteous or evil? They answered 'Righteous' So He said to them 'According to his deeds at the present time I judge him.' That is the meaning of the words "as he is (Now) there."
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 05:03:02 PM »
No it does not work that way according to Jewish belief. One can only be punished for something which they have done, not something they are going to do in the future. This is the way Hashem created the world.

It was asked why was Ishmael not allowed to die when he was a child, when Hagar and Ishmael were sent out of Abrahams house and into the harsh desert. Ishmael was near death, and an angel came and saved him... Why wasn't he allowed to die then? Because, it is explained, we are never punished for something we will do in the future, only what we have actually done.

See http://www.tfdixie.com/parshat/vayeira/020.htm

Genesis 21:17

And G-d heard the voice of the lad (Ishmael) and an angel of G-d called to Hagar from the Heavens and said to her 'What is the matter, Hagar? Fear not for G-d has as heard the voice of the lad, as he is there.

RASHI

As he is there: Rashi: According to his actions that he does now is he judged., and not according to what he is destined to do in the future. . Because the ministering angels were arguing against (Ishmael) and saying 'Master of the universe, he (Ishmael ) whose offspring are destined to kill Your sons with thirst (lack of water), will You cause a well to rise up for him? And He answered them: At the present moment, what is he righteous or evil? They answered 'Righteous' So He said to them 'According to his deeds at the present time I judge him.' That is the meaning of the words "as he is (Now) there."

oi oi oi oi oi I was being sarcastic to the other person.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 05:07:16 PM »

oi oi oi oi oi I was being sarcastic to the other person.

Ok, I take it all back... Nothing to see here...

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 09:57:16 PM »
I've actually heard that G-d doesn't think linerally and he knows the future. He is in the past, present, and future at all times just like he is present everywhere. I heard a shiur online once that said that G-d can punish people by putting them back in time as victims in the Holocaust. I didn't have any of that in mind with this thread. I just said it happened before and it can happen again if the people of San Francisco don't wake up.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 02:19:54 AM »
Ok, I take it all back... Nothing to see here...

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774