Author Topic: Anti-semetic evangelicals  (Read 3160 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Anti-semetic evangelicals
« on: September 29, 2013, 04:13:04 PM »
http://frontpagemag.com/2013/jim-fletcher/rise-of-the-anti-israel-evangelicals/

Many evangelical churches are starting to support Terroristians and their propaganda, and say that supporting the existance of the Jewish state and the survival of the Jewish people in the face of holy genital mutilators is sinning.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Anti-semetic evangelicals
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 06:24:36 PM »
Most of Evangelicals have been been complaining about Fuller Theological Seminary for at least as long as i can remember. JStreet is vey loving with them        http://freebeacon.com/j-street-backed-evangelical-group-says-modern-israeli-jews-not-real-jews/   

Links with above article      

J Street-backed Evangelical group says modern Israeli Jews not real Jews

BY: Adam Kredo   
March 23, 2012 4:07 pm

A liberal Evangelical Christian leader close to J Street is pushing a borderline anti-Semitic conspiracy theory that modern Israelis are not descended from Biblical Jews.

Purveyors of that theory typically aim to promote the view that modern Israelis have no historical link to the land they live on, a claim that has been proven false.

In a speech before a mostly Jewish crowd at last year’s J Street conference, Serge Duss, Director of the New Century Evangelicals Project, decried what he claimed is the erroneous “belief that the modern state of Israel and modern Israelis are the extension of the Children of Israel of the Tanach,” according to a copy of his remarks obtained by Commentary’s Omri Ceren.

Duss—who will not be speaking again at this year’s J Street conference, which begins Saturday—asked attendees to help him dispel the idea that Israelis are related to ancient Jews.

“You, only you—I can’t, but only you can disabuse Evangelicals of that mythology. How many rabbis I’ve heard say in settings, ‘We are not the Hebrews, the Children of Israel of the Tanach’?” Duss said. “And unless conservative Evangelicals particularly hear that message from Jews in America today and Israelis in Israel, minds will not be changed.”

Ceren explained that Duss is pushing a classic anti-Semitic trope, raising questions about whether it’s appropriate for him to be speaking to a group of Jews at a purportedly “pro-Israel, pro-peace” conference.

“Denying the connection between ancient and modern Jews is, according to conspiracy theory expert Bob Blaskiewicz, ‘a precursor to the type of rationalization of Christian Identity theology, that the “Jews” are imposters claiming the Chosen People status properly owned by the white American Christian male,’” Ceren noted. “It’s a scientifically disproven canard that anti-Semites have used for centuries to disinherit Jews theologically and politically.”

Ceren adds: “At its most explicit, the theory holds that contemporary Jews are descendants of non-Semitic Khazars who converted to Judaism. The Anti-Defamation League has an extended backgrounder on how the claim has played out in modern anti-Semitic movements. You can find it in the wild on Holocaust-denying WWII revisionist sites, in the forums of Protocols-obsessed David Icke, and on one of the Internet’s most notorious conspiracy theory cesspools. Note how quickly the writers transition from the theory itself into how it undermines the legitimacy of the Jewish State.”

UPDATE: Asked if J Street agrees that Israelis are not linked to so-called ‘real’ Jews, J Street spokesperson Jessica Rosenblum offered a snide rejection of Duss’ remarks.

“It confounds common sense for you to even ask me this, but because you used to be a journalist, here’s my answer:  J Street believes that Israelis are real Jews,” Rosenblum said. “Our advocacy for a two-state solution is driven by our commitment to ensuring Israel’s future as a democratic and Jewish homeland.”

She added: ““Are you Adam Kredo looking to prove yourself as big a [censored] as Omri?”

An earlier version of this article erroneously said that Serge Duss would be speaking at this year’s conference.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 07:26:43 PM »
^ How do they explain how the Jews kept the Torah and the law, and everyone else lost it? And even if they were convert Khazars, they are still Jews and it is their land.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 06:23:15 AM »
All DNA and genetic tests proves Jews are not khazars
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dan193

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 07:13:50 AM »
Arab and Iranian scientists have invented a time-travel device that can transport an entire country back to the middle ages.

They’re calling it ‘Islam’.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 10:58:44 AM »
There always have been phonies to deal with, but it is getting worse. This particular movement within the evangelical church is called "Emergent theology" and it is heretical.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:14:33 AM by YimachShemoToLewinsky »

Offline NoMosqueHere

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 06:32:36 PM »
Jimmy Carter is an anti jewish evangelical.  He is a replacement theologist.  As I understand it, he believes christianity has replaced judasim and, therefore, the jews are no longer part of a convenant with god.  Further, he uses this rationale to try to de-legitimize the state of Israel.  Carter is a total POS, but he is not the only one who believes in replacement theology, unfortunately.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 07:17:45 PM »
Jimmy Carter is an anti jewish evangelical.  He is a replacement theologist.  As I understand it, he believes christianity has replaced judasim and, therefore, the jews are no longer part of a convenant with god.  Further, he uses this rationale to try to de-legitimize the state of Israel.  Carter is a total POS, but he is not the only one who believes in replacement theology, unfortunately.

I suppose these so-called Christians use a Bible which mistranslates the text. Otherwise it would be impossible to make the insane claim that Hashem has abrogated the covenant with the Jewish people. The Torah text clearly says that the bond between the Creator of the Universe and the Jewish people is Eternal. This is stated in at least two places of the Torah.

See Sefer Beresheit/Genesis 17:7-9:

7 And I will establish My covenant between Me and thee and thy seed after thee throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee and to thy seed after thee.
8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land of thy sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.'
9 And God said unto Abraham: 'And as for thee, thou shalt keep My covenant, thou, and thy seed after thee throughout their generations.

And also re-iterated in Leviticus Chapter 26:

44 And yet for all that, when they are in the land of their enemies, I will not reject them, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break My covenant with them; for I am the LORD their God.
45 But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the nations, that I might be their God: I am the LORD.

It seems Hashem has promised the Jewish people to always be waiting for our repentance and to never replace his chosen nation from among all his creations. People who say otherwise are obviously ignoring Hashems holy promise...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 07:34:48 PM »
^ Things weren't just miss translated, they were changed to fit an agenda.

Anyways, you're going to hell Jew boy!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline NoMosqueHere

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 07:44:06 PM »
Any jew who is a supporter of this kind of jew hatred should be...well, I won't say it publicly.  But what would Judah Maccabee do? 

« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 07:54:37 PM by NoMosqueHere »

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 10:34:34 PM »
Any jew who is a supporter of this kind of jew hatred should be...well, I won't say it publicly.  But what would Judah Maccabee do?

Go to Israel and leave the nazis to groan alone.

^ Things weren't just miss translated, they were changed to fit an agenda.

Anyways, you're going to hell Jew boy!

1. They are simply ignored. They also say that G-d "divorced" the Jews, so he's basically like an unfaithful boyfriend who blames his spouse for not being a good enough wife. They're insane, and base this on nothing from Tanach or a random sin that certain Jews at any random time did.

2. You make up a lot of beliefs for yourself. Though the xtian book does ratify the existence of reincarnation, no understanding of any kind is developed of it. The majority don't know the single verse where it does, and simply believe that after this life it's heaven or hell.

Judaism, I would argue Muman, doesn't say that xtians other than those involved in killing Jews will go to hell. Many will have their souls recycled, and will probably have to live another life again and again.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 12:09:43 AM »
Go to Israel and leave the nazis to groan alone.

1. They are simply ignored. They also say that G-d "divorced" the Jews, so he's basically like an unfaithful boyfriend who blames his spouse for not being a good enough wife. They're insane, and base this on nothing from Tanach or a random sin that certain Jews at any random time did.

2. You make up a lot of beliefs for yourself. Though the xtian book does ratify the existence of reincarnation, no understanding of any kind is developed of it. The majority don't know the single verse where it does, and simply believe that after this life it's heaven or hell.

Judaism, I would argue Muman, doesn't say that xtians other than those involved in killing Jews will go to hell. Many will have their souls recycled, and will probably have to live another life again and again.

I do not want to go into depth concerning what I believe, and teach concerning these topics.

I agree that most non-Jews have a place in the world to come. This is for a variety of reasons which I will not go into depth in this thread. And it is true that those non-Jews who oppressed the Jewish people will, during messianic times, be punished for their actions. This will happen whether or not the Jews even deserved the oppression because even when Jews do deserve oppression, those who oppress us usually take pleasure in doing so and go beyond the measure of punishment which Hashem intends to inflict on us.

This is learned from the Egyptians who were one of the first peoples to oppress us. Even though Hashem had decreed that our father Abrahams descendants would have to be 'strangers in a strange land' for 400 years the fact that the Egyptians abused us during our enslavement is reason enough for Hashem to completely destroy the Egyptian society of the time. So too with the ancient Romans who had permission to destroy our Temple, but they oppressed us even more than Hashem wished, and thus Hashem eliminated them.

So I basically agree with your point LKZ..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 12:14:27 AM »
LKZ, here is some additional information which corroborates what I was trying to say in my previous message:

http://www.shemayisrael.com/parsha/kahn/archives/pinchas72.htm

Summary

It appears that sometimes we ourselves empower our adversaries to harm us more than is decreed by Heaven. Why was Egypt, the nation that oppressed Abraham's descendants, punished for fulfilling what G'd Himself had decreed and orchestrated? Complacent nations will also be held responsible on the Day of Judgment for "they added to the evil." Why were the Egyptians any different than Bilam who was only allowed to travel to Moab, but when he wanted to curse the Jewish people G'd stopped him? How could G'd allow an innocent person to be killed at the hands of his own brothers? G'd realized that the world would not last with such strict conduct. He therefore joined it with the conduct of mercy. According to the concept of prophecy, the sinner loses his right to live, as he abuses G'd's gift of life, when he sins and goes against G'd's will. G'd accepted Moses' prayers and taught him G'd's thirteen attributes of mercy. When a person sins, he is in great danger, for according to the strict letter of the law this person deserves a punishment, and he may even have lost the right to live. If the nature of the danger is direct from G'd, through an animal or other natural cause, we are more likely to be protected by G'd's mercy, than when the danger is through humans who can use their free will to do evil. "Let us fall into G'd's hand for His mercies are abundant, and let me not fall into the hand of a human." Joseph had made a mistake when he slandered his brothers to their father. He was therefore in danger to be killed by them. "Therefore, so says G'd, I will return to Jerusalem in mercy, I shall build my house in it."

Empower adversaries

Last week we discussed how we have the ability to change a Heavenly decree through prayer, and thus better our situation. However, it appears that sometimes we ourselves empower our adversaries to harm us more than is decreed by Heaven.

Egypt added to the evil

In Parashas Lech Lecha (Bereishis 15:13-14), G'd revealed to Abraham how his descendants would be exiled to a strange country, and that their oppressors would be punished for their atrocities. Many of the early commentaries deal with the obvious question, why was Egypt, the nation that oppressed Abraham's descendants, punished for fulfilling what G'd Himself had decreed and orchestrated?

Complacent nations held responsible

To answer this question the Ramban (ibid) quotes a verse from the Prophet Zechariah (1:15) that deals with the punishment that G'd is going to give those nations that have afflicted and oppressed the Jewish people throughout our present exile, when Mashiach comes at the time of the final redemption. The prophet says in the name of G'd: "And I will be very angry with the complacent nations, for I was just angry a little [at the Jewish people] and they added to the evil." This verse does not just refer to the nations that themselves afflicted their Jewish population with inquisitions, pogroms and the Holocaust. It also addresses the other nations who watched the atrocities and did nothing meaningful to stop them. These complacent nations will also be held responsible on the Day of Judgment for, as the prophet says "they added to the evil." They could have spoken up at the time, or made other efforts to stop the evil.
Saved by G'd's mercy

King Solomon states (Koheles 7:20): "For there is no righteous person on earth who does only good and does not sin." No human being is totally innocent. We all make mistakes and our mission in life is to perfect ourselves to the best of our ability. Our mistakes and transgressions put us somewhat in danger, and only by Divine mercy can we hope to survive. We do not realize how often we are saved from dangers by the mercy of G'd. Based on the above, it is clear that if the nature of the danger is direct from G'd, such as an animal or another natural cause, we are more likely to be protected by G'd's mercy, than when the danger is through humans who can use their free will to do evil.

Fall into G'd's hands

This is what we say every day before Tachanun, when we quote what King David said to the Prophet Gad (Samuel II 24:14): "Let us fall into G'd's hand for His mercies are abundant, and let me not fall into the hand of a human."

Egypt and Reuven

The Jewish people in Egypt sinned and served idols. This enabled the Egyptians to oppress them more than G'd had decreed. G'd, in His great mercy, wanted to minimize their suffering, but the Egyptians used their free will to add to it. Likewise Joseph had made a mistake when he slandered his brothers to their father. He was therefore in danger to be killed by them. But Reuven knew that, in His great mercy, G'd would not let him die by the snakes and scorpions and therefore told the brothers to throw him into the pit.

G'd will build His house in Jerusalem

The harshness of the Egyptian oppression shortened the exile from 400 years to 210 years. So even in their misery the Jewish people benefitted from G'd's mercy. Similarly, the fact that our exile has many times been so harsh will in the end benefit us, for even if we are not worthy of being redeemed, G'd will still send Mashiach. As the Prophet Zechariah concludes (1:16): "'Therefore', [because the nations added to the evil]' so says G'd, 'I will return to Jerusalem in mercy, I shall build my house in it.'" May these three weeks of mourning be turned into days of celebration with the fulfillment of this prophecy. Amen.

These words were based on a talk given by Rabbi Avraham Kahn, the Rosh Yeshiva and Founder of Yeshivas Keser Torah in Toronto.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 01:13:36 AM »
I do not want to go into depth concerning what I believe, and teach concerning these topics.

I agree that most non-Jews have a place in the world to come. This is for a variety of reasons which I will not go into depth in this thread. And it is true that those non-Jews who oppressed the Jewish people will, during messianic times, be punished for their actions. This will happen whether or not the Jews even deserved the oppression because even when Jews do deserve oppression, those who oppress us usually take pleasure in doing so and go beyond the measure of punishment which Hashem intends to inflict on us.

This is learned from the Egyptians who were one of the first peoples to oppress us. Even though Hashem had decreed that our father Abrahams descendants would have to be 'strangers in a strange land' for 400 years the fact that the Egyptians abused us during our enslavement is reason enough for Hashem to completely destroy the Egyptian society of the time. So too with the ancient Romans who had permission to destroy our Temple, but they oppressed us even more than Hashem wished, and thus Hashem eliminated them.

So I basically agree with your point LKZ..

No no Muman, you know what I came from (perhaps this thread should be moved to another section). Everyone thinks they're moral, but you do all kinds of desecrations that if you have to come back for stealing, you definitely have to for that. Everyone says they're worshiping G-d, and that he made the world, but worshipping a false G-d and mistaking him for G-d and eating sacrifice to idols is basically what everyone did from the beginning anyways.

Let's put it this way: the most devout ancient Egyptian idolater, who believes Ra is "G-d", Orisis is his son, and Set is out to get everyone. He spreads this as he can and believes this with his whole heart, and other than basic survival, his life is devoted to only this purpose (and he never heard of any Jew, or saw one). Has this man MERITED, or will get through no merit eternal life?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 01:38:56 AM »
No no Muman, you know what I came from (perhaps this thread should be moved to another section). Everyone thinks they're moral, but you do all kinds of desecrations that if you have to come back for stealing, you definitely have to for that. Everyone says they're worshiping G-d, and that he made the world, but worshipping a false G-d and mistaking him for G-d and eating sacrifice to idols is basically what everyone did from the beginning anyways.

Let's put it this way: the most devout ancient Egyptian idolater, who believes Ra is "G-d", Orisis is his son, and Set is out to get everyone. He spreads this as he can and believes this with his whole heart, and other than basic survival, his life is devoted to only this purpose (and he never heard of any Jew, or saw one). Has this man MERITED, or will get through no merit eternal life?

Yes, I understand what you are saying. Maybe we can explore this in another thread in the Torah section...

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 06:21:43 AM »
http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,71763.0.html 

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/27/scholars-discover-worlds-oldest-jewish-prayer-book-and-the-implications-could-be-big/

This anti Israel scoundrel is holding it hostage like a qurananimal 

Live BlazeCast Now: The Day’s Hottest News and your Questions and Comments!
Faith
World’s Oldest Jewish Prayer Book Is Discovered in Hobby Lobby Owners’ Collection — and the Implications Could Be Significant
Sep. 27, 2013 8:02am Billy Hallowell

Faith

Hobby Lobby President Steve Green isn’t just the head of a popular craft chain. He and his family also own, oversee and operate “The Green Collection,” one of the world’s largest collections of rare biblical texts and artifacts (there are over 40,000 ancient relics and texts). A recent discovery within this fascinating compilation is making headlines this week, as it is believed to be the oldest Jewish prayer book ever found.

The small text, which had a Carbon-14 test that placed its origins to 840 A.D., is likely to provide fascinating insight into early Jewish culture. And, as a press release announcing the find highlights, it “may well be the earliest connection today’s practicing Jews have to the roots of their modern-day rabbinic liturgy.”

Plainly stated: It’s a big deal.
Scholars Discover Worlds Oldest Jewish Prayer Book | The Green Collection

The Jewish prayer book (Photo Credit: The Green Collection/Demoss)

The document is in its complete parchment and original binding, factoids that are quite stunning considering its age. Written in Hebrew, the script is described as “archaic” — so old in fact that it uses Babylonian vowel pointing (a system that is no longer in use).

This follows another big discovery earlier this year. Back in May, TheBlaze reported that the world’s oldest known complete Torah scroll was found. While that was certainly noteworthy, this new prayer book is actually 300 to 400 years older than that version of the Torah, providing an even deeper knowledge into the lives and religious practices of Jewish believers.

“This find is historical evidence supporting the very fulcrum of Jewish religious life,” said Dr. Jerry Pattengale, who directs the Green Collection’s research arm, the Green Scholars Initiative, in the release. “This Hebrew prayer book helps fill the gap between the Dead Sea Scrolls and other discoveries of Jewish texts from the ninth and 10th centuries.”
Scholars Discover Worlds Oldest Jewish Prayer Book | The Green Collection

Another view of the Jewish prayer book (Photo Credit: The Green Collection/Demoss)

The statement goes on to note that research is currently being conducted on the book and that details will be released in late 2014 or early 2015 by the Green Scholars Initiative.

As we’ve reported in the past, many of the historical elements in The Green Collection will be included in a national Bible museum that is being constructed in Washington, D.C. and set to open in 2017. The prayer book will be on display, offering those interested a first-hand look.

It should also be noted that this is only one of a number of discoveries that is likely to be released from inside The Green Collection this year, as a team is still analyzing the 40,000 artifacts to better understand their importance. TheBlaze will continue to cover these fascinating finds.

(H/T: Christianity Today)   

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/jim-fletcher/rise-of-the-anti-israel-evangelicals/

Even millionaire businessman Mart Green has gotten into the act, producing the 2011 film, “Little Town of Bethlehem,” which purports to give a balanced view of the Arab-Israeli conflict, but in fact tilts heavily toward the Palestinians. Green, who keeps a low profile, is firmly entrenched in the Bible Belt, both figuratively and literally. His Mardel Christian bookstore chain is headquartered in Oklahoma City, along with his family’s Hobby Lobby empire.
Modify message

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 08:43:30 AM »
With names like Feinberg and Green I am guessing some of these Jew haters have Jewish roots.