Author Topic: Rav Ovadia Yosef the spiritual leaders of shas is dead  (Read 64738 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Rav Ovadia Yosef the spiritual leaders of shas is dead
« Reply #275 on: October 16, 2013, 10:57:26 PM »

Litvish and yeshivish are terms which frum people self identify with.  So there is no slander involved.  Maybe you are just not familiar with this terminology so you think there is insult where there is none.  Your accusations are outrageous and have zero connection to anything I wrote in this thread.

The funny thing is that neither the terms Litvish nor Yeshivish were used in all of this thread. Nor are they even bad in any way (at least in my mind). Crazy was used a number of times but that referred to messicists first by a Lubavitcher who isn't one and is against them.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #276 on: October 16, 2013, 11:06:22 PM »
heard from where?  Your noggin?

No, I read this....And my Rabbi also said this. But you are just looking for problems, you care nothing for facts. I am going to ignore you KWRBT, you are a sorry soul..

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/letter-reveals-rav-ovadia-reversed-land-for-peace-ruling-in-2003/2013/10/09/2/

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #277 on: October 16, 2013, 11:07:54 PM »

Litvish and yeshivish are terms which frum people self identify with.  So there is no slander involved.  Maybe you are just not familiar with this terminology so you think there is insult where there is none.  Your accusations are outrageous and have zero connection to anything I wrote in this thread.

Yes, self identify... But when used pejoratively they become insults.

As always you think everyone is talking about you... Even when they are not.. Get off your high horse KWRBT, you ain't as good as you think you are. What do you contribute? All I have ever seen you do is create division.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #278 on: October 16, 2013, 11:13:44 PM »
KWRBT,

Pull your finger out of your arse and do something positive rather than pick fights. You are a very prickly creature. I can search the archives and quote all the times you make snarky statements which are entirely uncalled for.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #279 on: October 16, 2013, 11:19:14 PM »
By the way, Rabbi Ovadia Yosef wrote that he reversed his opinion in 2003 (over 10 years ago)... This is not something new which happened near his death..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #280 on: October 16, 2013, 11:23:38 PM »
All in all it does seem bad that Shas supported the process. It is my belief that the Rabbi did not think Oslo was a good decision toward the end of his life.
No evidence of this whatsoever.
To the contrary.   No apology, no teshuva,  no change. They also continued to support all thesteps of oslo such as prisoner releases giving it false  halachik veneer.

KWRBT,

BUSTED BUDDY!!!!  :P

You are full of horse pucky buddy.... No evidence? Here is the evidence IN YOUR FACE!

Letter Reveals Rav Ovadia Retracted ‘Land for Peace’ Ruling in 2003 Another Big Lie is exposed. Rav Ovadia favored giving up land for peace in 1993. But when the PA blew up the Oslo Accords 10 years later, the rabbi ruled, “Oslo is null and void. This is not the peace I meant.”

Read more at: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/letter-reveals-rav-ovadia-reversed-land-for-peace-ruling-in-2003/2013/10/09/2/

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #281 on: October 16, 2013, 11:26:10 PM »
KWRBT,

Pull your finger out of your arse and do something positive rather than pick fights. You are a very prickly creature. I can search the archives and quote all the times you make snarky statements which are entirely uncalled for.
Muman, let them be. They must of had an easy life, and have not seen any hard times. To them the physical world is the only thing that exists...
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #282 on: October 17, 2013, 12:55:45 AM »
Muman he isn't wrong entirely on the problems with Shas and what they did and what they let go through at times. (Disasters).
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #283 on: October 17, 2013, 12:56:40 AM »
Muman, let them be. They must of had an easy life, and have not seen any hard times. To them the physical world is the only thing that exists...

You always say very weird things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #284 on: October 17, 2013, 01:05:32 AM »
Muman he isn't wrong entirely on the problems with Shas and what they did and what they let go through at times. (Disasters).

Tag,

I hear what you are saying and I have never defended the Shas party and agree that Ari Deryeh is terrible for the Jewish people.

My point was in defense of the Rabbi who has been accused of supporting Oslo till the end. I hope to avoid this thread in the future.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #285 on: October 17, 2013, 01:54:19 AM »
Tag,

I hear what you are saying and I have never defended the Shas party and agree that Ari Deryeh is terrible for the Jewish people.

My point was in defense of the Rabbi who has been accused of supporting Oslo till the end. I hope to avoid this thread in the future.
It is well known that Rav Ovadia changed his opinion.
He was a great man,Deri is the problem.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #286 on: October 17, 2013, 10:23:13 AM »
No evidence of this whatsoever.
To the contrary.   No apology, no teshuva,  no change. They also continued to support all thesteps of oslo such as prisoner releases giving it false  halachik veneer.

KWRBT,

BUSTED BUDDY!!!!  :P

You are full of horse pucky buddy.... No evidence? Here is the evidence IN YOUR FACE!

A private letter that no one knows about until the press digs it up years later?  And all the while his party continued tosupport the individual steps of oslo as. Socalled coalition "king maker" for years and years?

Wow, do you have any idea what real teshuva actually entails?   This is not it.

And of course you did not know about this letter, you just assumed,so my original point is valid too.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #287 on: October 17, 2013, 10:24:22 AM »

Idiotic statements, lover boy.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #288 on: October 17, 2013, 10:26:50 AM »
It is well known that Rav Ovadia changed his opinion.
He was a great man,Deri is the problem.

Well known?  Then why is it being reported 10/9/2013 by a news site?   Absurd.   

And timed perfectly to be released after he passed away?   Who orchestrated this?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #289 on: October 17, 2013, 10:35:11 AM »
Yes, self identify... But when used pejoratively they become insults. 

I did not use the terms perjoratively, nor do I think I've ever heard anyone do that.  How exactly is it used as a perjorative.  Once again you are reading malice into my words when there isn't any.  It's pure clown behavior muman because my family is from Lithuania several generations ago and therefore I am a litvak, or Litvish.

As always you think everyone is talking about you... Even when they are not.. Get off your high horse KWRBT, you ain't as good as you think you are. What do you contribute? All I have ever seen you do is create division.

More clown stuff accusing me of divisiveness (that terrible word!).  Meanwhile I am the one who used the term  litvish in this thread and you accused me but are now trying to back out of it.   Classy.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #290 on: October 17, 2013, 10:36:40 AM »
KWRBT,

:::D

Quote me, champ.

Or, how about you learn Torah instead?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #291 on: October 17, 2013, 10:38:42 AM »
By the way, Rabbi Ovadia Yosef wrote that he reversed his opinion in 2003 (over 10 years ago)... This is not something new which happened near his death..

And yet it was just reported on october 9th.  That makes a lot of sense

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #292 on: October 17, 2013, 10:45:27 AM »
Rabbi Yosef continued to endorse the oslo architect shimon peres well past 2003

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #293 on: October 17, 2013, 03:29:04 PM »
http://pjmedia.com/barryrubin/2013/10/09/ovadia-yosef-was-ready-for-compromise-peace-but-concluded-correctly-it-wasnt-possible/

In 2003 Rabbi Yosef wrote:

“I want to clarify my position with regard to Yesha [the West Bank settlements]. Not once have I thought that the Halachic [Jewish religious law]  ruling which I issued at the time regarding ‘territories in exchange for peace’ is not valid and does not apply to the current situation. I had intended only a true peace, one in which Jerusalem and its surrounding neighborhoods would rest secure, in peace and harmony. But now we see that on the contrary, handing over territory from our holy land endangers lives.  We never intended such a peace. Therefore the Oslo agreement is null and void. For I am for peace and they are for war [Quote from Psalm 120] and we have no one to rely on but our Father in Heaven….”

“With much love, and one who seeks your well being with all my heart and soul; Ovadia Yosef.”

That is the obvious experience that changed millions of Israeli minds, making them sure that peace isn’t going to happen: the realization that handing over territory will not bring peace, that Arab states (and Iran or Turkey) will not accept Israel. The concept of ‘territories in exchange for peace’ is not valid and does not apply to the current situation; or at least it can and will be reversed by Islamists.

http://www.israellycool.com/2010/08/29/the-day-in-israel-sunday-aug-29th-2010/

Chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat on Sunday slammed remarks by the spiritual leader of Israel’s leading ultra-Orthodox party, who said the Palestinians should “perish”, saying that it was paramount to incitement to genocide.

Erekat called on the Israeli government to denounce the remarks by Israel’s former chief rabbi Ovadia Yosef, and to take action against racist remarks by other elected officials. He also criticized Israel for allowing the incident to pass without condemnation.

Yosef had said during his weekly Shabbat sermon that the Palestinians, namely Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, should perish from the world. Yosef, a founder of the Shas Party, also described Palestinians as evil, bitter enemies of Israel.

“All these evil people should perish from this world … God should strike them with a plague, them and these Palestinians,” Yosef had said.

The 89-year-old is a respected religious scholar but is also known for vitriolic comments about Arabs, secular Jews, liberals, women and gays, among others.

“Is this how the Israeli government prepares its public for a peace agreement?” Erekat said, days before Israeli and Palestinian leaders were scheduled to meet in Washington for the launch of renewed direct peace negotiations.

“While the PLO is ready to resume negotiations in seriousness and good faith, a member of the Israeli government is calling for our destruction,” Erekat said. “It is an insult to all our efforts to advance the negotiations process.”

Erekat called on Israel “do more about peace and stop spreading hatred” and said Yosef’s comments could be placed within the larger context of Israel’s “policy against a Palestinian state” such as settlement expansion, home demolitions, among other things.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday distanced himself from Yosef’s remarks, but stopped short of a condemnation. “Rabbi Ovadia Yosef’s remarks do not reflect Netanyahu’s views, nor do they reflect the stance of the Israeli government,” Netanyahu’s office said in a statement.

“Israel plans to take part in peace negotiations out of a desire to advance toward a peace agreement with the Palestinians that will end the conflict and ensure peace, security and good neighborly relations between the two peoples,” the statement continued.

http://rabbipruzansky.com/

Most infamously, Chacham Ovadia issued an opinion in the 1990s in support of surrendering parts of the land of Israel for the sake of peace, and the Oslo debacle could not have occurred without the support of Shas, either implicitly or explicitly. From this vantage point, his political instincts were not always keen. But two points must be underscored that are widely overlooked: his decision was in favor of real peace, not the piecemeal destruction of Israel. (And few authorities would argue that maintaining every inch in the land of Israel in the face of national suicide is a plausible halachic approach; if it were, then even a tactical retreat in the heat of battle would be prohibited.)

The second point is even more telling: he publicly retracted his decision in 2003, writing that “the Oslo Accords are null and void” and that the peace of Oslo –the death and maiming of thousands of Jews – is not what he meant by “peace.” But the left has largely ignored the retraction. Two truths must be recognized: if another surrender agreement is tabled, Chacham Ovadia’s psak will be trotted out again, whether warranted or not (one can always argue that the coming peace will be the glorious peace anticipated by the psak, whether true or not – always the weakest link in the decision itself); and his support of Oslo was utilized disingenuously by Oslo-ites. They would have paid no attention to him had he opposed it like more than 90% of the Rabbis in Israel, to whom they paid no attention. (His late son, Rav Yaakov Yosef, notably disagreed with his father on this issue.)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 03:41:41 PM by muman613 »

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #294 on: October 17, 2013, 07:49:44 PM »
lover boy.
Name calling again huh? Real mature.

Good day sir.

Lisa adds:  If you want to call out someone for name calling, it's best that you don't post an icon of the middle finger, which is rude and vulgar. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 10:03:12 PM by Lisa »
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #295 on: October 17, 2013, 10:06:48 PM »
http://pjmedia.com/barryrubin/2013/10/09/ovadia-yosef-was-ready-for-compromise-peace-but-concluded-correctly-it-wasnt-possible/

In 2003 Rabbi Yosef wrote:

“I want to clarify my position with regard to Yesha [the West Bank settlements]. Not once have I thought that the Halachic [Jewish religious law]  ruling which I issued at the time regarding ‘territories in exchange for peace’ is not valid and does not apply to the current situation. I had intended only a true peace, one in which Jerusalem and its surrounding neighborhoods would rest secure, in peace and harmony. But now we see that on the contrary, handing over territory from our holy land endangers lives.  We never intended such a

peace. Therefore the Oslo agreement is null and void. For I am for peace and they are for war [Quote from Psalm 120] and we have no one to rely on but our Father in Heaven….”

“With much love, and one who seeks your well being with all my heart and soul; Ovadia Yosef.”

That is the obvious experience that changed millions of Israeli minds, making them sure that peace isn’t going to happen: the realization that handing over territory will not bring peace, that Arab states (and Iran or Turkey) will not accept Israel. The concept of ‘territories in exchange for peace’ is not valid and does not apply to the current situation; or at least it can and will be reversed by Islamists.

http://www.israellycool.com/2010/08/29/the-day-in-israel-sunday-aug-29th-2010/

Chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat on Sunday slammed remarks by the spiritual leader of Israel’s leading ultra-Orthodox party, who said the Palestinians should “perish”, saying that it was paramount to incitement to genocide.

Erekat called on the Israeli government to denounce the remarks by Israel’s former chief rabbi Ovadia Yosef, and to take action against racist remarks by other elected officials. He also criticized Israel for allowing the incident to pass without condemnation.

Yosef had said during his weekly Shabbat sermon that the Palestinians, namely Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, should perish from the world. Yosef, a founder of the Shas Party, also described Palestinians as evil, bitter enemies of Israel.

“All these evil people should perish from this world … God should strike them with a plague, them and these Palestinians,” Yosef had said.

The 89-year-old is a respected religious scholar but is also known for vitriolic comments about Arabs, secular Jews, liberals, women and gays, among others.

“Is this how the Israeli government prepares its public for a peace agreement?” Erekat said, days before Israeli and Palestinian leaders were scheduled to meet in Washington for the launch of renewed direct peace negotiations.

“While the PLO is ready to resume negotiations in seriousness and good faith, a member of the Israeli government is calling for our destruction,” Erekat said. “It is an insult to all our efforts to advance the negotiations process.”

Erekat called on Israel “do more about peace and stop spreading hatred” and said Yosef’s comments could be placed within the larger context of Israel’s “policy against a Palestinian state” such as settlement expansion, home demolitions, among other things.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday distanced himself from Yosef’s remarks, but stopped short of a condemnation. “Rabbi Ovadia Yosef’s remarks do not reflect Netanyahu’s views, nor do they reflect the stance of the Israeli government,” Netanyahu’s office said in a statement.

“Israel plans to take part in peace negotiations out of a desire to advance toward a peace agreement with the Palestinians that will end the conflict and ensure peace, security and good neighborly relations between the two peoples,” the statement continued.

http://rabbipruzansky.com/

Most infamously, Chacham Ovadia issued an opinion in the 1990s in support of surrendering parts of the land of Israel for the sake of peace, and the Oslo debacle could not have occurred without the support of Shas, either implicitly or explicitly. From this vantage point, his political instincts were not always keen. But two points must be underscored that are widely overlooked: his decision was in favor of real peace, not the piecemeal destruction of Israel. (And few authorities would argue that maintaining every inch in the land of Israel in the face of national suicide is a plausible halachic approach; if it were, then even a tactical retreat in the heat of battle would be prohibited.)

The second point is even more telling: he publicly retracted his decision in 2003, writing that “the Oslo Accords are null and void” and that the peace of Oslo –the death and maiming of thousands of Jews – is not what he meant by “peace.” But the left has largely ignored the retraction. Two truths must be recognized: if another surrender agreement is tabled, Chacham Ovadia’s psak will be trotted out again, whether warranted or not (one can always argue that the coming peace will be the glorious peace anticipated by the psak, whether true or not – always the weakest link in the decision itself); and his support of Oslo was utilized disingenuously by Oslo-ites. They would have paid no attention to him had he opposed it like more than 90% of the Rabbis in Israel, to whom they paid no attention. (His late son, Rav Yaakov Yosef, notably disagreed with his father on this issue.)

Once again this letter being reported after his death.  The date of the article is october 9 2013.

Was this a letter?  Or a diary entry?   Inquiring minds would like to know

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #296 on: October 17, 2013, 10:28:14 PM »

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #297 on: October 18, 2013, 08:56:09 AM »
Name calling again huh? Real mature.

Good day sir.

Lisa adds:  If you want to call out someone for name calling, it's best that you don't post an icon of the middle finger, which is rude and vulgar. 

Don't say thing like this:
and then not expect a hostile reply.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 10:18:23 AM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #298 on: October 26, 2013, 10:04:58 PM »
Sorry to be going back to this thread again, but I thought I would share something interesting I just saw from Yulkat Yosef Hilchot Shabbat

Page 6
http://www.puretorah.com/resources/Hilchot%20Shabbat%20Yalkut%20Yosef%204-28-09.pdf

9) One is allowed to rent an apartment to a Jew who is mechalel shabbat even though
the person will be mechalel shabbat in your apartment. It's better to make a condition
that the person won't desecrate in public. One is allowed to rent to a Non-Jew but must
remove the mezuzah. However, one cannot rent to a Muslim in Eretz Yisrael
nowadays.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #299 on: November 06, 2013, 02:03:59 PM »
Video by Rav Bar-Hayim and Rav Bar-Hayim addressing this issue.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 06:59:59 PM by Tag-MehirTzedek »