Author Topic: A lady trying to convert will be deported  (Read 2686 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
A lady trying to convert will be deported
« on: July 28, 2007, 10:29:00 PM »
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: A lady trying to convert will be deported
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 10:31:57 PM »

I was wondering what everyone's impression was of this?

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1185379025922&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull
I know why Israel's leftist Govt is afraid she might become an orthodox Jew and Israeli communist Govt hates orthodox Jews.They should allow her to stay.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 10:32:14 PM »
I think it's very sad. Jews are few in number. If someone wants to join us I believe we should welcome them.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 10:34:37 PM »
Yes i agree
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

newman

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 10:45:41 PM »
It is quite possible that with the growth in interest in Torah Judaism and the disillusionment in other faiths that there could potentially be millions of converts in the future. This could drastically change the demographics in Israel.

Look at the massive growth of the noachide movement that has taken place with ZERO publicity or missionising.

Offline Until Shiloh Comes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 11:23:34 PM »
Hello newman, and good day to you.

I'll be interested in hearing a bit more about this story.   I was a tad concerned with this quote: "A friend of mine found a rabbi willing to convert me in Canada and put forward a request for me to visit her there to undergo the conversion process," explained Abbadi..."

I don't know if she's referring to her friend, or the actual rabbi here.

Kindest regards and awaiting Shiloh,
Christopher
Psalm 53:2 "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no G-D.'"

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 11:28:20 PM »

I'll be interested in hearing a bit more about this story.   I was a tad concerned with this quote: "A friend of mine found a rabbi willing to convert me in Canada and put forward a request for me to visit her there to undergo the conversion process," explained Abbadi..."

Christopher

I didn't catch that but that would obviously imply she would undergo a reform conversion and then be eligible for the right of return. I don't think that's a bad solution for her either. If she has the desire to do this and that is the only way then fine, she will probably do an orthodox later on anyways. Why we as Jews like to talk about reform/conservative converts not being real Jews is beyond me- in theory I agree however I think it turns alot of converts off to going ahead with the orthodox conversion, in general I think we should be more welcoming of people with any desire to convert to any sort of Judaism however obviously with hopes they will see the beauty of orthodox.

newman

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 11:35:35 PM »

Christopher

Sadly, she probably is referring to her 'rabbi'. No doubt it's a whacky reform synagogue with a female, leftist, lesbian, unwed mother 'rabbi'.

Any non-Orthodox conversion is invalid in Judaism, so I wouldn't worry about that side of it. I do worry about Judaism when I hear about these farcockteh deform synagogues convoluting the Jewish faith and culture.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 11:45:54 PM »

Christopher

I didn't catch that but that would obviously imply she would undergo a reform conversion and then be eligible for the right of return. I don't think that's a bad solution for her either. If she has the desire to do this and that is the only way then fine, she will probably do an orthodox later on anyways. Why we as Jews like to talk about reform/conservative converts not being real Jews is beyond me- in theory I agree however I think it turns alot of converts off to going ahead with the orthodox conversion, in general I think we should be more welcoming of people with any desire to convert to any sort of Judaism however obviously with hopes they will see the beauty of orthodox.

you dont understand that a deformed conversion isnt valid. Im not going to Judge this lady, but if she was sincere and not didnt have any ulterior moties (ex living in Israel which is much better then Morocco or Turkey) and would accept ALL of the Torah laws and went to a Rav in Israel, she would have been accepted. (maybe not right away).
 So what if it turns many potential converts off, having converts isnt a command for Jews to make and in some cases could be bad for Jews. Also if a goy converts and doesnt keep Mitzvot properly it is bad for him/her and can even mean that the conversion is invalid + he/she will now suffer for things in Hell that if he/she was a goy would not have been responsible for. for a Jew G-d's Judgment is much stricter.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 12:29:05 AM »
Yeah, and the Israeli government counts as Jews Jews who have converted to Islam.  >:(

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 12:45:39 AM »

Christopher

I have to respectfully disagree with this. The reason Jews talk about reform/convervative converts as not being real Jews is because they are NOT real Jews. Conversion is a process defined and dictated by halacha (Jewish Torah law). Reform and Conservative conversions are NOT done in accordance with halacha as even they will tell you. Those people they "convert" are 100% non-Jewish. Though they are tragically deceived and told that they are.

100 years ago there was no such thing as a conversion to Judaism outside of halacha. This is a modern invention that corrupts the true definition of "who is a Jew"-and imposes obligations on the person they don't have and causes them to abandon the obligations they do have.

The result is a lot people thinking they are Jewish, and are not, leading to intermarriage confusion and all sorts of other calamities.

We don't need more Jews. The Bible says we are specifically few in number (this week's parsha!). Our problem is not numbers. Our problem is the Jews we have are not doing what they are supposed to do. Every danger we face, we Jews have brought upon ourselves in some way or another by not doing things the Torah way.

Accepting these phony "conversions" would be a curse for the Jewish people, not a blessing.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 01:11:45 AM by lubab »
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Until Shiloh Comes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2007, 12:49:39 AM »
Hello lubab, and good day to you.

As usual, your answers come straight from the Torah.  You are an inspiration and credit to this forum.   Shalom uv'racha

Until Shiloh comes,
Christopher
Psalm 53:2 "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no G-D.'"