Author Topic: Happy Chanukah!!!  (Read 4294 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Happy Chanukah!!!
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2013, 04:11:57 PM »
I have only one question, "How do YOU spell Chanukah?"

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2013, 04:35:55 PM »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2013, 04:45:40 PM »
Maoz Tzur, Rock Of Ages, a classic Chanukah tune...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2013, 04:54:22 PM »
Another Maoz Tzur:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2013, 06:27:37 PM »
Carl in Jerusalem just posted this version of Maoz Tzur performed at the Technion University in Israel.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2013, 06:59:49 PM »
What do you guys feel about that insulting Adam Sadler song about Chanukah?  I feel that it insults Jewish celebs.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2013, 07:16:28 PM »
What do you guys feel about that insulting Adam Sadler song about Chanukah?  I feel that it insults Jewish celebs.

I do not listen to it... Have avoided it for years... I think it is not really about Chanukah, but a joke about Chanukah.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2013, 11:08:47 PM »
CHAG CHANUKAH SAMEACH!!

Here is my favorite Chanukah song.  Yes, I am old fashioned, but there is no Chanukah song that I like better than the original Yiddish, Oy Chanukah:

And, of course, I love the more modern version of the classic Yiddish song, by Lipa Schmeltzer:

Also for me, I heard it on the radio in a Jewish programme long ago when I had just started considering conversion, and it still brings me near to tears.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2013, 11:27:10 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving RaulMarrio2000.. It is good to see you..

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2013, 12:00:17 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving RaulMarrio2000.. It is good to see you..

Thank you Muman613. I am in Argentina, and my maternal family with which I grew up is of Italian origin. Thanksgiving is not known here. I remember I once told my mother about it being celebrated in America, and she said a prayer. I had forgotten about this year.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2013, 12:12:53 AM »
Thank you Muman613. I am in Argentina, and my maternal family with which I grew up is of Italian origin. Thanksgiving is not known here. I remember I once told my mother about it being celebrated in America, and she said a prayer. I had forgotten about this year.

Well then, may Hashem bless you and your family in Argentina...

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2013, 06:44:41 PM »
oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi
Muman! oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2013, 06:50:05 PM »
oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi
Muman! oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi

All those oi's and not one oil...

Happy Chanukah ACK, may the Holiday spirit visit you... Tonight is the 3rd Night of Chanukah!

Im going to light em up before Shabbat starts...

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »
All those oi's and not one oil...

Happy Chanukah ACK, may the Holiday spirit visit you... Tonight is the 3rd Night of Chanukah!

Im going to light em up before Shabbat starts...

Oil Oil Oil
and for tomorrow Oil.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2013, 06:57:11 PM »

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2013, 09:47:23 PM »
for Ack

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2013, 11:24:03 PM »
for Ack

I thought it was some kind of chinese chanukah song.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2013, 08:33:57 PM »
Benny Friedman just released a new Chanukah song titled "Light One Candle"...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2013, 08:42:01 PM »
I knew Benny Friedman knows the Marcus brothers of '8th Day' (who I saw on the 1st night of Chanukah). I know the Marcus brothers are related to Avraham Fried, but for some reason I thought they were also related to Benny Friedman...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2013, 08:48:59 PM »
Happy 5th Night of Chanukah, still burning strong...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2013, 11:42:33 PM »
An animated story of Chanukah... I have not watched it all, but the 1st 10 minutes are good...

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2013, 08:42:52 AM »
Chag Sameach!!  :dance: :dance:
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2013, 04:18:16 PM »
Torah MiTzion is spreading the light of religious Zionism around the world.

PS: I notice they used 'Light up' from Styx in the video. I was going to post this song in the Inspiring Music thread the other night when I highlighted Styx (the first favorite band I ever had)...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2013, 12:55:32 AM »
To our new JTF member from South Africa, here is a short video of some Chanukah celebration in Johannesburg...

It seems that Jewish life in South Africa survives. This video, although in some ways sad, is also uplifting. I would love for all these Holocaust survivors to make Aliyah, but they have settled in South Africa and should be able to live out their years as Jews...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2013, 01:06:37 AM »
Chanukah celebration in the Holy city of Jerusalem, at the Kotel...