Author Topic: Happy Chanukah!!!  (Read 4295 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Happy Chanukah!!!
« on: November 27, 2013, 05:18:58 PM »
Chag Sameach Everyone!

Tonight begins the eight day festival of Chanukah. We recall the oppression of the Jewish nation at the hands of the evil Syrian/Greek/Hellenist tormentors, and the rise of the small, efficient, and blessed Maccabees who fought with Jewish gusto to preserve our national heritage, the Torah tradition.

May all who read my words now go out and be modern day Maccabees, spreading the Jewish light in the world dispelling the darkness of the Hellenist world view which is so common today. We, the JTF Jews, are the ones upon whose shoulders rests the awesome responsibility to wake up our fellow Jews, and gentiles, to the poisoned reasoning of the hellenist mind. Take with you the strength, the blessing, and the vision which will assure us all of victory in the long run.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Happy Chanukah!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 05:37:21 PM »
Watch this film.... It'll give ya a tummy ache...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 05:40:16 PM »
Some precious scenes from this classic movie...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 05:51:37 PM »
Apparently there is a plan to make a sequel to the Hebrew Hammer movie where Mordechai hunts hitler.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 05:55:17 PM »
A very interesting explanation of the story of Chanukah... Jeremy Gimpel from A7 narrates..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 06:04:25 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 06:15:13 PM »
I have about one hour before I take off for the candle lighting festivities... Going to see the band 8th day...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 06:34:13 PM »
Another Chanukah message from the Lubavitch Rebbe..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 06:38:39 PM »

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 08:12:32 PM »
Hanukkah Sameach to all Jews. I used to light the Menorah when I was aiming to convert, and also sometimes afterwards since my Rav said it is permissable for a Gentile omitting the blessings and providing it is done according to all the rest of the rules having in mind that it is done voluntarily and not a mitzvah. But this time, I thought it has not much sense here, since the few Gentiles who do it aim to remind others of the miracle, and I live alone, and even if someone came and saw it, noone would understand its meaning. So, if it does not count neither as a mitzvah nor as en educational purpose, it would perhaps be in vain. But  I want to come to the forum to wish all the People of Israel a Happy Hanukkah, and may you be liberated from current oppressors and harassement very soon.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 08:17:08 PM »
Hanukkah Sameach to all Jews. I used to light the Menorah when I was aiming to convert, and also sometimes afterwards since my Rav said it is permissable for a Gentile omitting the blessings and providing it is done according to all the rest of the rules having in mind that it is done voluntarily and not a mitzvah. But this time, I thought it has not much sense here, since the few Gentiles who do it aim to remind others of the miracle, and I live alone, and even if someone came and saw it, noone would understand its meaning. So, if it does not count neither as a mitzvah nor as en educational purpose, it would perhaps be in vain. But  I want to come to the forum to wish all the People of Israel a Happy Hanukkah, and may you be liberated from current oppressors and harassement very soon.
Don't underestimate the power of HaShem! It may cause a ripple effect in the universe...
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 08:42:13 PM »
Don't underestimate the power of HaShem! It may cause a ripple effect in the universe...

Whereby have I understimatd the Power of H" Baruch Hu? I was only saying that since I didn't convert and I remain a Gentile, it's not a mitzva to me to light the Menorah, and while Gentiles are technically allowed to light it, prividing they ommit the blessings and keep the rest of the rules to light it (lighting in the incorrect way would be outrageous to Jews, for example, if a Gentile happened to light it at the incorrect time, appearing to be a Jew who broke the Shabbat,  and also a likely violation of the Noahide Laws, since that Gentile would be creating a religious ceremony of his own), in my case, even if I did it correctly, it might be in vain. I just prefered to explain friends and acqueatances the meaning of this holiday.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 08:48:09 PM »
Happy Chanukah!!!   :dance: :dance: :dance:

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2013, 10:22:45 PM »
Hanukkah heavy Metal

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 11:57:33 PM »
Shalom & Chag Sameach!

Just got back from an electric evening with my incredible community. Ran into people I have not seen in years, Rabbis and community members who are involved in various Chabad houses in the area. I am blessed to have such a great group of people out here in the farthest reaches of the galut.

Here are some photos and videos I took of the band 8th Day who performed for us:

My Rabbi just finished lighting the 1st candle (after reciting the 3 blessings we say on the 1st night)...

The opening of 8th day at the party...

Part of 'Give It all You Got'

End of Ya'alilli'

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2013, 12:04:31 AM »
I have the entire Ya'alili audio recorded on my phone... I hope to make a video of it shortly...

Here is the original video 8th day made for 'Ya'alili'...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2013, 12:37:12 AM »
Rabbi Berel Wein tells a short history of Chanukah:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2013, 12:49:39 AM »
A Chanukah story from the beloved story teller, Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2013, 01:03:30 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2013, 01:13:35 AM »
This is 'Unbelievable'.... Just posted a video of a recording of Phil Lesh, of the Grateful Dead, telling the story of Chanukah...

Audio quality is pretty bad... But it is still great hearing him giving an authentic telling of the Chanukah story.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2013, 01:26:10 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2013, 01:30:05 AM »

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2013, 01:50:14 AM »
CHAG CHANUKAH SAMEACH!!

Here is my favorite Chanukah song.  Yes, I am old fashioned, but there is no Chanukah song that I like better than the original Yiddish, Oy Chanukah:

And, of course, I love the more modern version of the classic Yiddish song, by Lipa Schmeltzer:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 02:38:27 AM by EveryJewA44 »
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2013, 01:55:45 AM »
Great ones EveryJewA44... I love the singer of the 1st one you posted, but I don't know his name. He had a cameo on a CD I used to listen to.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2013, 02:02:48 AM »
I posted this video of Rabbi Moshe Parry from Los Angeles talk on Chanukah in the Torah section. Here it is in this thread for those who have not seen it.

Rabbi Parry is the first Kahanist I ever knew, even before I knew I was a Kahanist... Which I regret because I would have liked to talk to him in more depth about it. Maybe I will meet him again.