Author Topic: WHAT is your favorite Jewish related movie?  (Read 12223 times)

Offline Deer Man 420

• Full JTFer
Re: WHAT is your favorite Jewish related movie?
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2012, 01:07:08 AM »
2 Kuni Lemel

Kuni Lemel in Cairo

Kuni Lemel in Tel Aviv

Offline fibrogirl

• Full JTFer
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2013, 05:05:56 PM »
I resurrected this thread to add some newly released films

There is a new German made film just released called "Hannah Arendt" about the woman who covered the Eichman trials. I just received the DVD and I will view it and see if it is any good. I don't know much about this woman.

Sunshine (1999) with Ralph Fiennes.
This isn't new, but I just discovered it. If you are Observant do not watch this because it contains a lot of explicit scenes. The main plot is about a Jewish family in Hungary trying get through the various periods of history. The ending is surprisingly pro Jewish, un PC, with a forthright condemnation of the Communists.
I really enjoyed it but it was spoilt  by the unnecessary nudity and adultery.

Defiance,

My favourite Jewish related film of all time: Salla Shabati.
For those who haven't seen it, it is about the emigration of Sephardi Jews to Israel. It is a clever comedy film made in the 1960's. It satirises the beaurocracy in Israel and the differences between Ashkenzis and Sephardis. Chaim Topol got his big break on this film and the theme tune is beautiful.

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2013, 05:31:11 PM »
Hannah Arendt yimach schma was as self hating as it gets. She had a lifelong crush on her nazi teacher Martin Heidegger. She wanted Israel to become "bi-national", she even blamed the Jews for winning in 1948 as it "ruined their chances for peace".

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2013, 08:28:59 PM »
The Frisco Kid
Entebbe

and if they create a movie based on the novel by Leon Uris, The Haj...i'm sure it'll be awesome.

:laugh: me too, Dan
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline fibrogirl

• Full JTFer
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2013, 06:09:56 AM »
Hannah Arendt yimach schma was as self hating as it gets. She had a lifelong crush on her nazi teacher Martin Heidegger. She wanted Israel to become "bi-national", she even blamed the Jews for winning in 1948 as it "ruined their chances for peace".
Thanks for telling me that. I am particularly shocked by her blaming the Jews for winning in 1948...I never knew that, I thought there were no left wing looneys then. That bit was not in the film or on wiki.

I watched the film and everything you said was right. It's a terrible film and I should not have mentioned it here.
The film makers tried hard to portray her positively or  "neutral" as they would say...but I still felt repulsed in watching the film.  I mean she is in a cushy job in America with awesome connections, so she uses it writes an article blaming all the Jewish leaders and saying that Eichman isn't really that bad. Her "philosophy" sounded like nonsense too.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2013, 03:45:34 PM »
There were fewer crazy Jews back then, remember the Holocaust had just happened. But even then there were some.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban