Author Topic: Hashem, Hear our pleas, save us from this decree  (Read 3919 times)

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Hashem, Hear our pleas, save us from this decree
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2013, 09:24:58 PM »
oi relax people.
i was just poking at his one-man thread.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2013, 02:22:51 AM »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2013, 03:04:52 PM »
Thankyou for posting these videos, Muman, I plan on watching....
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2013, 04:42:42 PM »
~Hanna~,

You are so welcome. I hope you feel the strength in Hashem as we move forward into the coming times...

The line 'Poteach Et Yadecha' is a line from the Tehillim Perek 145... It means 'You Open Your Hand'... During the davening some people actually open their hand and look at it (I do this most of the time)...

Here it is in context:

15. Everyone's eyes look to You with hope, and You give them their food in its time.       טו. עֵינֵי כֹל אֵלֶיךָ יְשַׂבֵּרוּ וְאַתָּה נוֹתֵן לָהֶם אֶת אָכְלָם בְּעִתּוֹ:
16. You open Your hand and satisfy every living thing [with] its desire.       טז. פּוֹתֵחַ אֶת יָדֶךָ וּמַשְׂבִּיעַ לְכָל חַי רָצוֹן:
17. The Lord is righteous in all His ways and kind in all His deeds.       יז. צַדִּיק יְהֹוָה בְּכָל דְּרָכָיו וְחָסִיד בְּכָל מַעֲשָׂיו:

It forms the central theme in this song:

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2013, 04:49:23 PM »
Here the famous Piamenta brothers perform a very moving rendition of 'Poteach Et Yadecha'..

http://www.shemayisrael.com/parsha/haftorah/archives/shemini62.htm

Famous phrases by Isaiah: Poteach et yadecha u'masbeah lechol chai ve'ratzon. From Tehilim or Psalms 145:16 written by King David, also found in the prayer Ashrai, "You open your hand, and satisfy the desire of every living thing." It is our custom to hold our palms upward to the heavens when saying this prayer and to concentrate on Hashem "dropping" into our hands a blessing.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2013, 04:58:50 PM »

1. By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat, we also wept when we remembered Zion.       א. עַל נַהֲרוֹת | בָּבֶל שָׁם יָשַׁבְנוּ גַּם בָּכִינוּ בְּזָכְרֵנוּ אֶת צִיּוֹן:
2. On willows in its midst we hung our harps.       ב. עַל עֲרָבִים בְּתוֹכָהּ תָּלִינוּ כִּנֹּרוֹתֵינוּ:
3. For there our captors asked us for words of song and our tormentors [asked of us] mirth, "Sing for us of the song of Zion."       ג. כִּי שָׁם שְׁאֵלוּנוּ שׁוֹבֵינוּ דִּבְרֵי שִׁיר וְתוֹלָלֵינוּ שִׂמְחָה שִׁירוּ לָנוּ מִשִּׁיר צִיּוֹן:
4. "How shall we sing the song of the Lord on foreign soil?"       ד. אֵיךְ נָשִׁיר אֶת שִׁיר יְהֹוָה עַל אַדְמַת נֵכָר:
5. If I forget you, O Jerusalem, may my right hand forget [its skill].       ה. אִם אֶשְׁכָּחֵךְ יְרוּשָׁלִָם תִּשְׁכַּח יְמִינִי:
6. May my tongue cling to my palate, if I do not remember you, if I do not bring up Jerusalem at the beginning of my joy.       ו. תִּדְבַּק לְשׁוֹנִי | לְחִכִּי אִם לֹא אֶזְכְּרֵכִי אִם לֹא אַעֲלֶה אֶת יְרוּשָׁלִַם עַל רֹאשׁ שִׂמְחָתִי:
7. Remember, O Lord, for the sons of Edom, the day of Jerusalem, those who say, "Raze it, raze it, down to its foundation!"       ז. זְכֹר יְהֹוָה | לִבְנֵי אֱדוֹם אֵת יוֹם יְרוּשָׁלִָם הָאֹמְרִים עָרוּ | עָרוּ עַד הַיְסוֹד בָּהּ:
8. O Daughter of Babylon, who is destined to be plundered, praiseworthy is he who repays you your recompense that you have done to us.       ח. בַּת בָּבֶל הַשְּׁדוּדָה אַשְׁרֵי שֶׁיְשַׁלֶּם לָךְ אֶת גְּמוּלֵךְ שֶׁגָּמַלְתְּ לָנוּ:
9. Praiseworthy is he who will take and dash your infants against the rock.       ט. אַשְׁרֵי | שֶׁיֹּאחֵז וְנִפֵּץ אֶת עֹלָלַיִךְ אֶל הַסָּלַע:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2013, 05:05:15 PM »
Matisyahu's Jerusalem also incorporates lines 5-6 from Psalm 137...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2013, 05:31:06 PM »
The Lubavitch Rebbe made this Tehillim a staple during Chabad davening..

1. A song of David when he was in the desert of Judah.       א. מִזְמוֹר לְדָוִד בִּהְיוֹתוֹ בְּמִדְבַּר יְהוּדָה:
2. O God, You are my God, I seek You. My soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You, in an arid and thirsty land, without water.       ב. אֱלֹהִים | אֵלִי אַתָּה אֲשַׁחֲרֶךָּ צָמְאָה לְךָ | נַפְשִׁי כָּמַהּ לְךָ בְשָׂרִי בְּאֶרֶץ צִיָּה וְעָיֵף בְּלִי מָיִם:
3. As I saw You in the Sanctuary, [so do I long] to see Your strength and Your glory.       ג. כֵּן בַּקֹּדֶשׁ חֲזִיתִךָ לִרְאוֹת עֻזְּךָ וּכְבוֹדֶךָ:
4. For Your kindness is better than life; my lips will praise You.       ד. כִּי טוֹב חַסְדְּךָ מֵחַיִּים שְׂפָתַי יְשַׁבְּחוּנְךָ:
5. Then I shall bless You in my lifetime; in Your name I shall lift my hands.       ה. כֵּן אֲבָרֶכְךָ בְחַיָּי בְּשִׁמְךָ אֶשָּׂא כַפָּי:
6. [As] with choice foods and fat, my soul will be sated, when my mouth praises with expressions of song.       ו. כְּמוֹ חֵלֶב וָדֶשֶׁן תִּשְׂבַּע נַפְשִׁי וְשִׂפְתֵי רְנָנוֹת יְהַלֶּל פִּי:
7. When I remember You on my couch; in the watches I meditate about You.       ז. אִם זְכַרְתִּיךָ עַל יְצוּעָי בְּאַשְׁמֻרוֹת אֶהְגֶּה בָּךְ:
8. For You were my help, and in the shadow of Your wings I shall praise.       ח. כִּי הָיִיתָ עֶזְרָתָה לִּי וּבְצֵל כְּנָפֶיךָ אֲרַנֵּן:
9. My soul has clung after You; Your right hand has supported me.       ט. דָּבְקָה נַפְשִׁי אַחֲרֶיךָ בִּי תָּמְכָה יְמִינֶךָ:
10. But they seek my soul to make it desolate; may they come into the depths of the earth.       י. וְהֵמָּה לְשׁוֹאָה יְבַקְשׁוּ נַפְשִׁי יָבֹאוּ בְּתַחְתִּיּוֹת הָאָרֶץ:
11. May he be dragged by the sword; they will be the portion of foxes.       יא. יַגִּירֻהוּ עַל יְדֵי חָרֶב מְנָת שֻׁעָלִים יִהְיוּ:
12. And may the king rejoice with God; may all who swear by Him boast, for the mouth of those who speak lies will be closed.       יב. וְהַמֶּלֶךְ יִשְׂמַח בֵּאלֹהִים יִתְהַלֵּל כָּל הַנִּשְׁבָּע בּוֹ כִּי יִסָּכֵר פִּי דּוֹבְרֵי שָׁקֶר:

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2013, 05:37:27 PM »

Yes, thankyou....He sometimes speaks to me in dreams.

I was out yesterday with my aunt and met not one but two people from Israel.

He gives me signs He is listening, and watching over me.

~Hanna~,

You are so welcome. I hope you feel the strength in Hashem as we move forward into the coming times...

The line 'Poteach Et Yadecha' is a line from the Tehillim Perek 145... It means 'You Open Your Hand'... During the davening some people actually open their hand and look at it (I do this most of the time)...

Here it is in context:

It forms the central theme in this song:

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2013, 05:40:32 PM »
I believe that both actions on side of the Jews are wrong-first let mass murderers live, thus feed them and spend tax money on them, second release them like nothing happened. One wrong move leads to another.
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2013, 06:09:23 PM »
I believe that both actions on side of the Jews are wrong-first let mass murderers live, thus feed them and spend tax money on them, second release them like nothing happened. One wrong move leads to another.

I agree... If found guilty of mass murder (even one or two) for the purpose of terrorizing Jews the convict should be executed.