Author Topic: Who thinks mehadrin is a scam?  (Read 1598 times)

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Who thinks mehadrin is a scam?
« on: March 26, 2014, 09:10:11 AM »
Like why do I need my corn flakes,spices & rice to be mehadrin?
They are even scamming you further here in Israel by putting a hechsher which needs no hechsher whatsover not even on pesach which requires a new tube only or by putting a hecsher on tissues,toilet paper & cutlerly on pesach which also require no hechsher.
Oh the newest scam a hechsher on cigarettes for pesach with the hechsher of the Shas Badatz Beit Yosef.
Furthermore why I do I need multiple hechsherim one is enough?
We should demand to stopped being scammed.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Who thinks mehadrin is a scam?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 09:42:24 AM »
If you have a hechsher from a very reliable Vaad or Rabbi you don't need mehadrin
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 09:43:41 AM »
"tissues,toilet paper & cutlerly "

Definitely a SCAMM.

" cigarettes "

Comes from stupidity. No one eats the paper even if it might come from Hamess.

At the end of the day its a lot of Supply and Demand. If you and others demand these things and go by them in order to "just be safe", then you (not you personally) perpetuate this and it continues. People need to stick to the Halachot and not make up new idiotic completely unnecessary "stringencies".
 If you go shopping and you see this items and other brands with same items but cheaper, just go with the cheaper alternative (price wise not necessarily quality) and just ignore it altogether.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 09:58:58 AM »
"tissues,toilet paper & cutlerly "

Definitely a SCAMM.

" cigarettes "

Comes from stupidity. No one eats the paper even if it might come from Hamess.

At the end of the day its a lot of Supply and Demand. If you and others demand these things and go by them in order to "just be safe", then you (not you personally) perpetuate this and it continues. People need to stick to the Halachot and not make up new idiotic completely unnecessary "stringencies".
 If you go shopping and you see this items and other brands with same items but cheaper, just go with the cheaper alternative (price wise not necessarily quality) and just ignore it altogether.
That is exactly what I do,but unfortunately you can not buy things here in Israel without multiple hechsherim as the rabbanut must have its take of the cut & if you do not have their hechsher in addition to which ever hechsher you choose they make you pay a fine it is a scam.
Even in America the multiple hechsher scam started.
For example since its inception Empire poultry had the OU before I left the states they took on Breuer's a second hechsher & now according to my relatives in America they now have a third one Star-K as OU is not enough.
If they have Breuer's why do they need StarK also?
Even those people that do not rely on OU rely on Breuer's everybody trusts Breuer's so StarK is absunecessary
Only way to stop it is to look with a product with one hechsher & boycott the rest if they are more expensive.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 10:51:29 AM »
  I think the Bayit Yehudi is working to cut some of these things in Israel. Of-course that makes them "anti-Torah amalikites" in the eyes of the mafia's.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 10:56:33 AM »
   CK- Besides anything to do with meat, cheese or Wine (grape products) a Hechsher is unnecessary. If the ingredients are Kosher then it is Kosher.  (besides Pessah with the prohibition of Hamess). 

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 11:14:52 AM »
   CK- Besides anything to do with meat, cheese or Wine (grape products) a Hechsher is unnecessary. If the ingredients are Kosher then it is Kosher.  (besides Pessah with the prohibition of Hamess).
It depends what it may have some ingedients that do indeed need a hechsher also with pareve & dairy to distinguish it may need one.
Some things like toothpaste & dish soap generaly do not need it.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 11:22:23 AM »
It depends what it may have some ingedients that do indeed need a hechsher also with pareve & dairy to distinguish it may need one.
Some things like toothpaste & dish soap generaly do not need it.

Yea, maybe I didn't clarify- if the ingredients are Kosher then it is Kosher. The non-Kosher ingredients would be meat derived (or dairy in order not to mix with meat). Besides that their is wine. If for example you see ingredients and its all fruits and vegetables and grains etc. then it is Kosher without a problem (if not on Pessah).

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 01:30:35 PM »
  I think the Bayit Yehudi is working to cut some of these things in Israel. Of-course that makes them "anti-Torah amalikites" in the eyes of the mafia's.

What gives you that idea.

Calling them amalekim was beyond the pale. They still brought in Yair Lapid, so they're a different shade of bad.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 03:14:49 PM »
What gives you that idea.

Calling them amalekim was beyond the pale. They still brought in Yair Lapid, so they're a different shade of bad.

Because I heard they are establishing a Kosher type of system with 1 star 2 star and 3 star. They are also taking away a lot of the burocracy involved. So if you want to have the 3* (mehadrin of mehadrin) and are willing to pay a lot more money for it, then they will do so for you by all means, but those who are willing and follow the other forms (1 or 2) will be able to have the Kosher products as well with less of the system involved and such.  Also other things I heard of what they want to do to the Rabbanut.

They didn't bring in anyone or anything. Their is a thing called elections and seats involved. Bayit Yehudi and Lapid basically needed each other and by using each other both got some things that they wanted and needed. And its not like the Haredi parties were complacent and wanting to join with BY, so BY did what's in their interest and made a block with Lapid which served their interests.
 Learn how politics work.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 03:46:32 PM »
Because I heard they are establishing a Kosher type of system with 1 star 2 star and 3 star. They are also taking away a lot of the burocracy involved. So if you want to have the 3* (mehadrin of mehadrin) and are willing to pay a lot more money for it, then they will do so for you by all means, but those who are willing and follow the other forms (1 or 2) will be able to have the Kosher products as well with less of the system involved and such.  Also other things I heard of what they want to do to the Rabbanut.

They didn't bring in anyone or anything. Their is a thing called elections and seats involved. Bayit Yehudi and Lapid basically needed each other and by using each other both got some things that they wanted and needed. And its not like the Haredi parties were complacent and wanting to join with BY, so BY did what's in their interest and made a block with Lapid which served their interests.
 Learn how politics work.

*short term interests

Everything has a price in time.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 03:56:01 PM »
*short term interests

Everything has a price in time.

Dont know what you mean but, ookay, this isn't even on topic. And I would actually venture to say that long term they will be doing much better as well. Had they joined and teamed with the Haredim (which the Haredim REFUSED) they would probably be looked upon as weak and capitulating to the Haredim again. Now out of all 4 (Bayit Yehudi, Yesh Atid, Shas, UTJ) only Bayit Yehudi is projected to gain seats. The other 3 will either loose seats (Shas and Yesh Atid) or stay about the same (UTJ). 

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 04:27:16 PM »
I don't think it is a scam.
In theory to be elected Chief Rabbi  you only need the support of a minority of the Rabbis on the small group that decides this issue together with a majority of the secular representatives that make up the voters for the Chief Rabbinate.
So a super liberal in theory can be elected, which makes some religious Jews unwilling to respect or adhere to what the Chief Rabbinate says. So instead, many rely on their own private rabbi.
Another factor to keep in mind is that for some commandments it is not enough not just to eat the forbidden item, instead one must not even have benefit from the item. In theory, the mehadrin seal of approval makes some Jews feel relieved that every possible halachic problem has adequately been taken care of.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 05:38:30 PM »
Edu- I don't think its about it being Mehadrin, its about putting a "Kashrut stamp" etc. on things that by all opinions their is absolutely no need of such as- toilet paper, tissues, etc. You, me and everyone else knows their is absolutely no issues involved so their is absolutely no need. If someone doesn't want to rely on the Rabbanut that is another thing.

Also earlier I said about only an issue in meat, cheese and wine (grapes). I take it back, I forget to mention that in Israel their are other issues to do with Shmitta and other Halachot involved even with fruits.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 05:52:14 PM »
Almost nothing drives the American goyim berserk more than having to pay extra money for (unnecessary) Kosher symbology stamps on their foodstuffs just to satisfy overweight frumakken!

"One day the Americans will build better gas-chambers than the Germans!" (R.Avigdor Miller 1980)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 05:55:54 PM »
I don't know exactly what you are talking about concerning 'Kosher' toilet paper. Except there are products called 'Kosher' toilet paper (here the term kosher has nothing to do with the laws of Kashrut).... In the case of 'kosher' for Shabbat toilet paper the paper has been cut completely, so that a person using it doesn't have to violate the melachot of tearing. When we have Shabbatons we usually have someone before Shabbat starts tear a bunch of the toilet paper sheets so that nobody has to tear and violate the Shabbat.

I don't know if this is what you are talking about. But it does sound like a good idea for people who don't want to have to tear their toilet paper before the Shabbat starts..

http://www.rocklandkosher.com/p-17334-cut-toilet-paper-for-shabbos-use.aspx
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 05:56:53 PM »
Almost nothing drives the American goyim berserk more than having to pay extra money for (unnecessary) Kosher symbology stamps on their foodstuffs just to satisfy overweight frumakken!

"One day the Americans will build better gas-chambers than the Germans!" (R.Avigdor Miller 1980)

What an insult... You are making an assumption that Jews are overweight... Where do you learn this?

And the entire 'Kosher Tax' BS is from goyim who hate any form of Hechsher on their products... They don't care how many, even one is enough for them to claim conspiracy.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 07:23:25 PM »
  Its actually not a tax. Its more like advertisement. It brings in more customers for the companies to sell more products to more people.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2014, 10:32:24 PM »
What an insult... You are making an assumption that Jews are overweight... Where do you learn this?

And the entire 'Kosher Tax' BS is from goyim who hate any form of Hechsher on their products... They don't care how many, even one is enough for them to claim conspiracy.

The guy is a massive troll. He's gotten good at implying things without getting banned.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 10:45:13 PM »

"Frumakken" is a Yiddish term solely for American Haredim, amongst which there is indeed an epidemic of obesity. It is not synonymous with all "Jews".

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2014, 12:43:28 AM »
I don't know exactly what you are talking about concerning 'Kosher' toilet paper. Except there are products called 'Kosher' toilet paper (here the term kosher has nothing to do with the laws of Kashrut).... In the case of 'kosher' for Shabbat toilet paper the paper has been cut completely, so that a person using it doesn't have to violate the melachot of tearing. When we have Shabbatons we usually have someone before Shabbat starts tear a bunch of the toilet paper sheets so that nobody has to tear and violate the Shabbat.

I don't know if this is what you are talking about. But it does sound like a good idea for people who don't want to have to tear their toilet paper before the Shabbat starts..

http://www.rocklandkosher.com/p-17334-cut-toilet-paper-for-shabbos-use.aspx
Regular toilet paper with a kosher l'pesach hechsher as well as tisuues & other paper  & plastic disposables.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2014, 03:13:31 AM »
Let's take the issue of toilet paper.
According to some halachic viewpoints (not all) if the item was produced by Jews who violate the Sabbath on Sabbath, it is forbidden to use it, forever!
Those who are looking for a Kosher stamp on their toilet paper might be simply be looking for some type of certification that the toilet paper was not produced through an act of Sabbath violation.

Some other examples of areas in halacha, where the object might be forbidden even if not edible.
Products used for idolatry, chametz on passover (some but not all halachic viewpoints might extend this prohibition to chametz that causes a pleasant fragrance).

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2014, 10:31:31 AM »
בס''ד

How can anyone give a hechsher for cigarettes? Cigarettes are poison. Cigarettes are responsible for the deaths of many millions of people.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2014, 10:47:48 AM »
בס''ד

How can anyone give a hechsher for cigarettes? Cigarettes are poison. Cigarettes are responsible for the deaths of many millions of people.
Chaim well The Badatz Bet Yosef which is a Shas hechsher gives a hechsher to cigarettes from the Dubek company.
I saw the ad this year & last year in the paper.