Author Topic: I am curious as to how many Jews besides Chaim are banned from Israel  (Read 1145 times)

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Besides Chaim there was Rabbi Abraham Hecht,ZT"L as well as Shelley Benveniste & Lynn Handelman.
I am curious if I missed others who are in the same situation?
Maybe we can organize an organization to legally fight for every Jews right to settle in Israel?

Offline fibrogirl

• Full JTFer
Re: I am curious as to how many Jews besides Chaim are banned from Israel
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 06:17:06 AM »
I only found out that there were Jews denied entry to Israel after joining this forum. Many Israelis don't know about this. If I were you I would tell as many people as I could and think of contacting a reporter.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 11:10:47 AM »
I only found out that there were Jews denied entry to Israel after joining this forum. Many Israelis don't know about this. If I were you I would tell as many people as I could and think of contacting a reporter.

:o  who?
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 01:27:26 PM »

Most people that joined the forum don't use their real name on the forum.   As a result,  how would the Israeli Government even know the names of most of the people on the forum? 
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline fibrogirl

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 02:03:23 PM »
Most people that joined the forum don't use their real name on the forum.   As a result,  how would the Israeli Government even know the names of most of the people on the forum?

I never said anything about names.
I mean I only knew about ChabadKahanist and Chaim Be Pesach not being given citizenship when I joined this forum. Most people in Israel don't know about these cases.

If I were in Chabad Kahanist place I would tell as many people as I could about the denied citizenship, as it is a small country it's possible you might meet someone with protekzia who would be willing to put in a word, and even if you don't, I see no harm in talking to people. Plus I would write to various newspapers, the media and tell as many people as possible outside this forum. Finding out if there are any others and forming a organisation is another option for him.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 02:50:16 PM »
I never said anything about names.
I mean I only knew about ChabadKahanist and Chaim Be Pesach not being given citizenship when I joined this forum. Most people in Israel don't know about these cases.

If I were in Chabad Kahanist place I would tell as many people as I could about the denied citizenship, as it is a small country it's possible you might meet someone with protekzia who would be willing to put in a word, and even if you don't, I see no harm in talking to people. Plus I would write to various newspapers, the media and tell as many people as possible outside this forum. Finding out if there are any others and forming a organisation is another option for him.

What you mentioned sounds like a good strategy.

One thing that I think needs to be stressed is that the Jews that join this forum, that don't use their regular name here, should have nothing to be concerned about getting into Israel, if they choose to do so.   

In general,  it's not a good idea for anyone other than Chaim to use their regular name on the Forum.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 05:52:07 PM »
Having researched entry to Israel, I think it's mainly individuals who have converted to another religion (even Barbara streissands cousin who is orthodox had this issue although he went through teshuva), official members of the BDS movement, I suppose if one had membership in the JDL they would be denied, jews with criminal convictions depending on the offense,  official ties to the Nazi party or terrorist organizations.

I don't think being associated with the jtf should prevent entry to israel , for example Meir kahane even though his party was banned in Israel I don't believe Meir kahane was banned entry to israel.

I know that Israel usually can impose a 10 year ban if you are considered a security threat and that happened to Noam Chomsky and Finkelstein.

There's been cases where known former neo Nazis have been able to visit Israel if they were truthful on a application when applying for a visa in countries where you have to apply for a visa. Perfect example was the jobbik party where the leader denied the holocaust and later found out he was Jewish and was able to visit israel.

Since JTF is a law abiding forum and many of us here do not advocate illegal activity, many of us support Israel through buying goods and what not I don't see any reason for issues to arrise.

I don't know chabadkahanists reason he was denied citizenship, for Chaim I've talked to him but will keep the discussion private unless he feels comfortable talking about it. Anyways those are then official reasons from what I understand, one of the biggest things Israel usually catches is if someone is hiding information  or lies to a immigration officer that I believe this sparks a automatic 10 year ban.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 06:44:59 PM »
Meir Lansky was banished from Israel back in the 70s.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 07:03:30 PM »
Meir Lansky was banished from Israel back in the 70s.

It sounds like he tries to escape the us on tax evasion charges and was deported as he had existing charges.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 07:28:09 PM »
It sounds like he tries to escape the us on tax evasion charges and was deported as he had existing charges.
But back then Israel had no extradition treaty with the US and as a Jew he was legally entitled to seek citizenship and hence asylum in Israel.

Oh but there is a much worse case of the Kahanist activist Ruben Manning. The Israeli Judenrat regime handed him over to the US and he has been locked in maximum security American prison on some [censored] bombing murder charge. In his case too back when he was extradited there was no extradition treaty.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 09:16:56 PM »
When it happens the government needs some pretext such as Chaim's conviction for the anti-Soviet bombings. Even then its extremely rare. I think in Chaim's case it was because of fear that Chaim would unite the different Kahanists who then, as now, were not united and were working on many different projects without one leader.

Many members of JDL and open Kahanists have been let in with no problem. Only when there is a threat to the powers that be is someone banned.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 10:42:05 PM »
When it happens the government needs some pretext such as Chaim's conviction for the anti-Soviet bombings. Even then its extremely rare. I think in Chaim's case it was because of fear that Chaim would unite the different Kahanists who then, as now, were not united and were working on many different projects without one leader.

Many members of JDL and open Kahanists have been let in with no problem. Only when there is a threat to the powers that be is someone banned.
So how were the late Lynn Handelman,A"H,Shelley Benveniste (who had the ban lifed at one point) a threat?
They weren't active or doing anything for years.
How was the late Rabbi Abraham Hecht,ZT"L a threat?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 02:25:23 AM »
So how were the late Lynn Handelman,A"H,Shelley Benveniste (who had the ban lifed at one point) a threat?
They weren't active or doing anything for years.
How was the late Rabbi Abraham Hecht,ZT"L a threat?

I'm not sure about the others but I believe  Rabbi Abraham Hecht had made a death threat towards someone high up in the government or was interpreted that way (I'm not saying this, this is what Wikipedia and some of the news articles are reporting) and Israel barred him for security reasons.