Author Topic: Bad Rapper mocks Jews in his latest performance  (Read 1974 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Bad Rapper mocks Jews in his latest performance
« on: May 19, 2014, 08:52:26 PM »
No-name Rapper Macklemore just ruined his 'career' by donning a fake crooked 'Jew nose' fake 'Jew beard' and got on stage to sing a song about money... His act was outwardly 'antisemitic' although he claims he had no intention of mocking the Jewish people...

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/article/Macklemore-says-costume-wasn-t-about-Jews-5489427.php

Macklemore just sported the most famous fake nose in hip hop since Humpty Hump, but people aren't laughing.

The Seattle rapper wore a long, hooked nose, fake black beard and wig, and a black jacket for his performance of his hit "Thrift Shop" Friday at EMP Museum, celebrating the opening of the exhibit "Spectacle: The Music Video." The announcement of the event called for people to "Dress as your favorite music icon or video character."

The outfit, intentionally or not, mirrored centuries-old sterotypes of Jews. In one unfortunate moment, he even gives what appears to be a Nazi salute, although that surely can't be on purpose.

As The Daily Dot put it, "he opted to perform dressed as some kind of Jewish caricature, prosthetic schnozz included."

Actor Seth Rogen gave a sharper response, tweeting: "first you trick people into thinking you're a rapper, now you trick them into thinking you're Jewish?"

Jensen-Gerard Karp, an art dealer and producer formerly known as the rapper Hot Karl, noted that the song is about saving money, fitting into another Jewish stereotype.

Macklemore said it ain't so, tweeting: "A fake witches nose, wig, and beard = random costume. Not my idea of a stereotype of anybody."

Click through the gallery above to check out his getup and judge for yourself.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Bad Rapper mocks Jews in his latest performance
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 12:00:54 AM »
May this sodomite drug addict burn in hell just like his idol Roger Waters.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 01:32:04 AM »
Call me naïve, but I read his response and I believe him.  I also believe that he's ignorant enough not to even know the stereotype that he was taken for.  Coincidences can occur in life.

http://macklemore.com/post/86276707372/family-friends-and-fans-alike-who-know-me-well

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 02:40:12 AM »
Lol celebrities don't matter and you choose one in a "music style" that doesn't matter who doesn't matter. Maybe I don't fit into society. To see if it's maybe ignorance, could someone explain me why people care about "celebrities" and what they do?
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 02:54:25 AM »
Well I don't care about him or his music.

But if he was attempting to mock the Jews for his act he should be rebuked for it.

But it is possible that young kids today are so dumb they don't know if they are offending? I am a forgiving man but the story does make us wonder just how much antisemitism is accepted in art today.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 07:54:30 AM »
Call me naïve, but I read his response and I believe him.  I also believe that he's ignorant enough not to even know the stereotype that he was taken for.  Coincidences can occur in life.

http://macklemore.com/post/86276707372/family-friends-and-fans-alike-who-know-me-well
This is an ex-drug addict whose biggest hit song promotes sodomite "marriage".