Author Topic: Movement discrediting Asher Meza  (Read 12877 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Movement discrediting Asher Meza
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2014, 12:28:45 AM »
Neo-Kabbalah as in what Berg teaches is bunk.

Chassidic Kabbalah from the teaching of the Arizal and then the Baal Shem Tov are authentic Jewish Kabbalah.

Without understanding the basics of Judaism, the Tanakh and Talmud, Kabbalah is nonsense... What the neo-kabbalah movement does is wrong and I join those who condemn it. But there is an authetic Kabbalah in Judaism, and this I believe.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2014, 12:33:06 AM »
One more comment:

If he was truly converted by a Satmar Rabbi then his conversion is authentic. Satmar is a true sect of Chassidic Judaism and I happen to know a couple of people who are from families which were Satmar. The issue to me is not that he was converted by Satmar, but what he teaches.

If his conversion was authentic then he may be a Jew...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2014, 12:37:56 AM »
What is odd is that Satmar is a Chassidic sect and thus believes in the teachings of the Arizal and the Baal Shem Tov.

http://ascentofsafed.com/cgi-bin/ascent.cgi?Name=rebbeBios

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2014, 12:58:09 AM »
Didn't focus on the spelling. And no I'm sure your talking about the person I know your talking about. No, he wasn't Hassidic from birth. He was in a Baal Teshuva high school Yeshiva and his mother wasn't religious. His father wasn't (perhaps still) isn't Jewish.

Oh ok, yes we are talking about the same person then. The same one who sells religious ordinations and honorary degrees http://noahideseminary.org/

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2014, 01:01:14 AM »
One more comment:

If he was truly converted by a Satmar Rabbi then his conversion is authentic. Satmar is a true sect of Chassidic Judaism and I happen to know a couple of people who are from families which were Satmar. The issue to me is not that he was converted by Satmar, but what he teaches.

If his conversion was authentic then he may be a Jew...

It was an authentic conversion, although not by Satmer. He is fully Jewish. And I am sorry I did not meant for the conversation to question it.

All I am saying is that a lot of people are upset with him. Several rabbis are upset with him and more people are starting to call him out. That is all I meant.

I personally, would not question his Jewishness. The question is the smicha.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 02:14:31 AM by IsraeliHeart »

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2014, 01:31:51 AM »
I thought people were questioning whether his "semicha" was real, not his "conversion". Who said he was converted by the Satmars? He himself says he doesn't need a conversion. I don't think he's really Jewish. He goes against Judaism's beliefs.

His appearance and voice remind me of that Muslim in the beginning of the classic JTF Film by Oz77 "The Real Islam Revealed". The Muslim says "Who says Islam is a religion of peace? Islam is not a religion of peace.".

How can Judaism be racist for not proselytizing. If anything it's anti-racist because we don't says all Non-Jews will go to Hell for not being Jewish. Islam is the real racist religion.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2014, 02:48:38 AM »
I don't buy it for a second, and if he did convert, he went right away to promote things that aren't Jewish, so clearly he didn't accept all the mitzvot, and still isn't Jewish.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge