Author Topic: Question of the day  (Read 3000 times)

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Question of the day
« on: July 28, 2014, 08:22:18 AM »
Who was the first & only black JDL national chairman?

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
Re: Question of the day
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 08:29:10 AM »
Even google don't know lol
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 08:34:17 AM »
Sammy Davis Jr.?

;D

Sorry, I couldn't control myself...

I ahve no idea.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 09:08:39 AM »
Do tell.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 09:45:15 AM »
Going out on a limb here: Dr. Dre?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 09:46:44 AM »
Going out on a limb here: Dr. Dre?
Nope.
I will reveal the answer later if anybody doesn't get it right.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 09:56:35 AM »
Nope.
I will reveal the answer later if anybody doesn't get it right.

Is it someone famous we know?

Is he Jewish?

Was he from the post Irv Rubin days or pre Irv Rubin days?

There is a list of JDL chairmen on Wikipedia. No one with the last name "Black" nor an individual that I would have guessed as racially black.  There is one person who was a Lt in the army.  Not sure if he is black skinned or not.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 10:25:23 AM »
Is it someone famous we know?

Is he Jewish?

Was he from the post Irv Rubin days or pre Irv Rubin days?

There is a list of JDL chairmen on Wikipedia. No one with the last name "Black" nor an individual that I would have guessed as racially black.  There is one person who was a Lt in the army.  Not sure if he is black skinned or not.
Yes he is Jewish & he is from the past before  way before Irv Rubin.
Racially black.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 12:06:33 PM »
Nobody guessed so here it is:
David Solomon

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 02:57:54 PM »
David Solomon

???

And the greatest US president is Bill Gates.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 03:10:23 PM »
David Solomon
Link? Who is David Solomon?
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 03:53:18 PM »
Found this:  David Solomon, a black Jew from New York, received waves of applause, when he told the rally “We are all of the same family, and for this – our house – I will die.” Yosef Schneider, the 24-year-old Soviet emigre to Israel who is continuing his seven-day-old hunger strike, left his “prisoner’s cage” outside the White House to tell the crowd in Hebrew his permit to demonstrate ends at midnight but that he would continue his hunger strike as he was “prepared to be arrested on behalf of Soviet Jewry.”

Read more: http://www.jta.org/1971/03/22/archive/kahane-200-persons-arrested-at-rally-for-soviet-jewry-in-which-3000-participated#ixzz38nKbg0Bp

(this whimpering by genital-mutilators about JDL France came first http://niqnaq.wordpress.com/2009/07/08/more-jdl-atrocities-in-paris/)
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 10:43:37 PM »
Link? Who is David Solomon?
National Director of the JDL I believe before David Fisch AKA Dov Fisch AKA Dov Aharoni AKA Rabbi Dov Fischer.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 10:51:21 PM »
Check this girl out! She puts herself out there. ..
 https://m.facebook.com/chloe.valdary?fref=nf&ref=bookmark
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 10:52:55 PM »
Check this girl out! She puts herself out there. ..
 https://m.facebook.com/chloe.valdary?fref=nf&ref=bookmark

Cant see her because I am a facebook denier...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 11:04:12 PM »
Cant see her because I am a facebook denier...

You probably have heard of her she writes op eds for Arutz Sheva

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 11:40:51 PM »
The below list was written by Chaim but the last three which I bolded in black were due to Shelley Rubin vandalism. Wikipedia will say JTF vandalizes if the original writing was put back on the article.

Chairmen

According to the organization's official list of Chairmen or Highest Ranking Directors:[19]
1968–1971 – Rabbi Meir Kahane, International Chairman. Assassinated in 1990 by Islamic militant El Sayyid Nosair.
1971–1973 – David Fisch, a religious Columbia University student, who later wrote articles for Jewish magazines and the book Jews for Nothing.
1974–1976 – Russel Kelner, originally from Philadelphia. Formerly a U.S. Army lieutenant trained in counter-guerrilla warfare, he moved to New York City to direct the JDL's paramilitary summer camp JeDeL located in Wawarsing, New York,[20] and later to run the national office as chairman.
1976–1978 – Bonnie Pechter.
1979–1981 – Brett Becker, originally from South Florida, came to New York City to become chairman.
1981–1983 – Meir Jolovitz, originally from Arizona, also came to New York City.
1983–1984 – Fern Sidman, Administrative Director.
1985–2002 – Irv Rubin, International Chairman. Arrested on terrorism charges; died in jail awaiting trial.
2002–present – Shelley Rubin, Administrative Director (2002–2006); Chairman/CEO (2006–present).

The Rubins removed Chaim from the list in two places. It should say Chaim for 3 months in 1978 after he got Pechter of out of JDL. It should say Chaim form 1984-1987. Notice how the Rubins make up titles. There is no Administrative Director like they say. The title International Chairmen is also made up by the Rubins. Some of it is even made up retroactively. They said it's an honorary title because Rubin was killed like The Rav (LeHavdil). I think Chaim or Jimmy Sullivan posted the above list on to the old JTF Forum that was on ProBoards and then JTF people members attempted to write an article on Wikipedia with the titles. Shelley Rubin changed the list to fit her imagination. Basically it's written by Chaim including the part saying "came to New York". Basically they didn't give credit and changed the parts they didn't like.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 11:44:00 PM »
David Solomon

Why isn't he on the list?

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 12:18:02 AM »

Why isn't he on the list?
Good question.
Maybe Chaim knows.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 04:31:13 AM »
so what happened to David Solomon after he was national chairman?
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 10:22:44 AM »
so what happened to David Solomon after he was national chairman?
Good question & I don't know.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2014, 10:24:10 AM »
בס''ד

David Solomon was National Chairman? I remember him but he was only active until 1972 if I recall correctly. I don't remember him playing a huge role in the organization.

The Rabbi was National Chairman until he made aliyah in late June 1971. I remember the Rabbi appointing Dave Fisch to replace him. After the rabbi left for Israel, it was Dave Fisch who was the spokesman at demonstrations, sit-ins and other protests. At press conferences, Bert Zweibon would often be the spokesman in those days.

Someone else who was very active in a leadership role without an official title was Dov Hikind - who is now the New York State Assemblyman from the Borough Park section of Brooklyn. Hikind actually led most of the demonstrations, sit-ins and other activities in 1972 and 1973.

Why should the Rubins be allowed to lie on Wikipedia? They are the ones who are vandalizing the article. Rubin committed suicide in prison just as his son committed suicide later on. Rubin was never National Chairman in the 1980s - the rabbi despised him and always considered him to be a traitor.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2014, 10:27:34 AM »
בס''ד

David Solomon was National Chairman? I remember him but he was only active until 1972 if I recall correctly. I don't remember him playing a huge role in the organization.

The Rabbi was National Chairman until he made aliyah in late June 1971. I remember the Rabbi appointing Dave Fisch to replace him. After the rabbi left for Israel, it was Dave Fisch who was the spokesman at demonstrations, sit-ins and other protests. At press conferences, Bert Zweibon would often be the spokesman in those days.

Someone else who was very active in a leadership role without an official title was Dov Hikind - who is now the New York State Assemblyman from the Borough Park section of Brooklyn. Hikind actually led most of the demonstrations, sit-ins and other activities in 1972 and 1973.

Why should the Rubins be allowed to lie on Wikipedia? They are the ones who are vandalizing the article. Rubin committed suicide in prison just as his son committed suicide later on. Rubin was never National Chairman in the 1980s - the rabbi despised him and always considered him to be a traitor.
Yes this is more or less what I remember.
It is many years so some things get fuzzy

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2014, 01:34:40 PM »
I think Chaim said there was a lack of leadership for some time but the Rubins removed that part. That's why David Fisch was from 1971-1973 with no note about 1973-1974. They same can be said about 1978-1979 and 1984-1985. I think the Rubins claimed Fern Sidman was until 1985. They did that even though Chaim was already Chairman from 1984 until 1987. Of course they also removed the part about Chaim going to prison in December, 1978 for bombing Egyptian targets following the Camp David Accords. I've bolded the years in question.

1971–1973 – David Fisch, a religious Columbia University student, who later wrote articles for Jewish magazines and the book Jews for Nothing.
1974–1976 – Russel Kelner, originally from Philadelphia. Formerly a U.S. Army lieutenant trained in counter-guerrilla warfare, he moved to New York City to direct the JDL's paramilitary summer camp JeDeL located in Wawarsing, New York,[20] and later to run the national office as chairman.
1976–1978 – Bonnie Pechter.
1979–1981 – Brett Becker, originally from South Florida, came to New York City to become chairman.
1981–1983 – Meir Jolovitz, originally from Arizona, also came to New York City.
1983–1984 – Fern Sidman, Administrative Director.
1985–2002 – Irv Rubin, International Chairman. Arrested on terrorism charges; died in jail awaiting trial.