14 (77.8%)
No
1 (5.6%)
Not sure
2 (11.1%)
Other
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: The US is helping the Kurds  (Read 4651 times)

Offline El_Impulsado

• New JTFer
Re: The US is helping the Kurds
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2014, 09:33:29 PM »
weapons are great but you know what would help the Kurdi even more Ac 130 gunships and b 52's circling above like clock work, and forward air controllers imbedded with the kurdi to direct fire, Just a suggestion  ;D
When your going through hell just keep going you"ll make it out eventually.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2014, 12:10:58 AM »
I voted "not sure". Because our long term goal is to have Israel rule from the Nile to the Euphrates as it says in the Bible. I am not sure if arming the Kurds makes that goal harder or easier.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2014, 06:19:25 AM »
I voted "not sure". Because our long term goal is to have Israel rule from the Nile to the Euphrates as it says in the Bible. I am not sure if arming the Kurds makes that goal harder or easier.

In order to be able to do that, there would need to be a threat to war to Israel by Kurds. If the Kurds were still living there and at Israel's border, and that generation wanted nothing to do with them eg land money hay etc, I'm not quite sure we would be allowed by Gd to start a war if they came in peace. Or at least logically, I don't think in today's world that makes sense.

However, Gd has His ways of testing us. So He can take away free will from the Kurds, let's say, and then see if we follow His rules in an obligatory war.

If the kurds were a cananite nation, then I believe peace or no peace, Israel can drive them out. I have my doubts that is the case.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2014, 02:20:09 AM »
You should be aware Dr. Dan that Rabbi Meir Kahane does not limit the law of the 7 nations of Canaan to a certain genetic group (some of our great Rabbis limit the law to a certain genetic group, while I believe the majority do not). Rabbi Kahane believed for example that the Arabs of the land of Israel had Canaanite Status, regardless of who their genetic ancestors were.
In any case, if you believe that morally or pragmatically we would not be able to take any measures to gain control of the entire Nile to Euphrates region, while the peaceful Kurds are occupying the land this would be one of the reasons, why it might be better not to arm the Kurds, so that a more recognized enemy rules the territory, where good Jews would be feel more comfortable in taking away the land from them and removing the enemy.
You still could argue, that Israel is having trouble even handling one tiny enemy, the Hamas in Gaza and its asking too much of the current failed leadership to deal properly with an ISIS takeover in Iraq, so it is better to bog Iraq down in a civil war with well armed Kurds, so that Hamas won't have a strong ally.

Offline Ukrainian Jew

• Senior JTFer
  • «Львівські Євреї – 700 років наполегливої.»
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2014, 02:53:57 AM »
I think America should not intervene directly on the ground. America can give them the weapons they need (hopefully mustard gas, to give them the suffering they deserve before their arrival in Hell). I don't think there should be direct intervention, however. ISIS shows the true hideous, revolting face of Islam to the point that numerous volunteers will help join the Peshmerga and Assyrian Defence Force. Maybe even Ukrainians will send some of our famous "boyovyky", the same who helped the Serbs in the Balkans, to greet Allah's warriors in northern Iraq ;D

But I also think it depends on who the West aids. I would not want the aid to end up helping Saudi, Iranian, Russian, or local Communist proxies. The Kurds have the PKK which is communist, as well as the KDU (Kurdish Democratic Union) both of which also support "Palestine". I will look up various Kurdish and Christian parties to see where they stand. But on the other hand I think Kurdish people as a whole support Israel, and I don't think innocent civilians deserve to die no matter their political ideology.