Author Topic: What is your favorite style of music?  (Read 41684 times)

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
Re: What is your favorite style of music?
« Reply #225 on: October 31, 2007, 04:38:26 PM »
Listen to Scriabin.

Rap, pop, Rock...all that stuff stunts a person's I.Q.
Stunts?  How about obliterates one's I.Q.  Have you ever listened to these nignogs speak?  Good G-d....ones blood starts to boil when just thinking about these animals.
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #226 on: October 31, 2007, 04:50:35 PM »
I like both of those pieces of music, Scriabin, though I prefer by far the second of the two, the first one seemed a bit slow and dull at the start.

Yes, the first one was too slow. 

I don't know what the conductor was doing.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #227 on: October 31, 2007, 04:53:47 PM »
NIC ,What I tell my kids is if, the lyrics are not evil,IM probably O K with it .[There maybe exceptions]
You sound like an adult so you will make your own choices anyway.Your probably thankful I was not your dad though.LOL :)

ftf

« Reply #228 on: October 31, 2007, 05:05:50 PM »
I like both of those pieces of music, Scriabin, though I prefer by far the second of the two, the first one seemed a bit slow and dull at the start.

What do you think of this: (it's rather annoying when people start clapping half way through...)

You must lead a very exciting life, only listening to this dismal excuse for a band.

And that song is only 2 different chords for the first minute. Then the guy starts sounding like he is some kind of insect.

Ironic that my 666th post goes to death metal...
It's not the only thing I listen to, just the best...

Here you go something totally different: (doesn't start till a minute in)

Joe Schmo

« Reply #229 on: October 31, 2007, 05:09:47 PM »

What do you think of this: (it's rather annoying when people start clapping half way through...)

You must lead a very exciting life, only listening to this dismal excuse for a band.

And that song is only 2 different chords for the first minute. Then the guy starts sounding like he is some kind of insect.

Rubbish!

ftf

« Reply #230 on: October 31, 2007, 05:15:31 PM »

Rubbish!
How about this:

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #231 on: October 31, 2007, 06:10:08 PM »
I'm listening Clasic music too; which can be very interesting and fun;  I have some MP3s from records of Bethoven, Wagner, Orf and Vivaldi;  from more modern music I like Jazz songs of Frank Sinatra and Glenn Miller Band; Film music like the Vangelis, Moricone etc... from metal only Ramstein; I'm afraid when I got the urge to listen to "christian music" I take the Gregorian hores or Bach instead. ;)     
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #232 on: October 31, 2007, 06:13:24 PM »
FTF has a very "alternative" taste! LOL!

@Scriabin: LOL!!

Rubbish!

ftf

« Reply #233 on: October 31, 2007, 06:14:47 PM »
You have to like this: even if the lyrics are slightly depressing.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #234 on: October 31, 2007, 06:17:16 PM »
Who is "you"?

And why the obsession with the averagely-telented-in-songwriting-at-best band UnderOath? And WHY OH WHY the shouting?

ftf

« Reply #235 on: October 31, 2007, 06:19:14 PM »
Who is "you"?

And why the obsession with the averagely-telented-in-songwriting-at-best band UnderOath? And WHY OH WHY the shouting?
"You" is generically everyone on this forum.

Underoath are just absolutely awesome, that's why I'm obsessed with them.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #236 on: October 31, 2007, 06:26:52 PM »
Who is "you"?

All young people want to rebel and have something that is their own that others don't understand.

ftf

« Reply #237 on: October 31, 2007, 06:28:17 PM »
My final try, people have to like this one:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 06:32:45 PM by ftf »

Joe Schmo

« Reply #238 on: October 31, 2007, 06:29:39 PM »

Don't you see, if we liked it, then you would stop liking it.

You need your rebellious youth music.

ftf

« Reply #239 on: October 31, 2007, 06:31:49 PM »

Don't you see, if we liked it, then you would stop liking it.

You need your rebellious youth music.
It's nothing of the sort, if I wanted it to be rebellious, I wouldn't keep trying to persuade other people to like it, I don't like it because it's different, I like it because I enjoy it, I like the style of music and I loove the lyrics.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #240 on: October 31, 2007, 06:32:17 PM »
That is actually one of the worst ones! Just NOISE!

No discernable chord sequence, nothing there musically, no appeal to just listen to... it amazes me what you get out of this stuff except the "christian message" which to me, roughly translated, reads as:

AAHHHHH RRRRAAAAAHHHHHHH RRRRRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA etc.

ftf

« Reply #241 on: October 31, 2007, 06:33:33 PM »

No discernable chord sequence, nothing there musically, no appeal to just listen to... it amazes me what you get out of this stuff except the "christian message" which to me, roughly translated, reads as:

AAHHHHH RRRRAAAAAHHHHHHH RRRRRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA etc.
If click the link again, I've linked to a better recording of the song.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #242 on: October 31, 2007, 06:36:03 PM »

My point STILL stands, in fact it stands more with the better recording.

Although "better" is debateable.

ftf

« Reply #243 on: October 31, 2007, 06:40:18 PM »

My point STILL stands, in fact it stands more with the better recording.

Although "better" is debateable.
That song has a very clear riff.

Just oen question, do you think this: is better (I don't like this song, I'm just interested in how good you think it is compared to underoath)

While I'm still here, the album version of the song I linked to above:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 06:44:31 PM by ftf »

Offline Husar

• Ultimate JTFer
  • I drink wine out of nazis' skulls.
« Reply #244 on: October 31, 2007, 06:42:08 PM »

:::D :::D :::D

Nic Brookes,
you're so right...
...and funny.

O0
"HUSSARORUM ALIAS RACOW"
"Hussar alias Rac (Serb)"

http://www.myarmoury.com/feature_hussars.html
"Hussar or gussar originally meant "a robber" in Serbian. These horsemen served not only under the Polish and Lithuanian colors but also under those of the Holy Roman Emperor;"
http://www.husaria.jest.pl/rys.html
"Bardzo prawdopodobne, że początek swego istnienia husarze zawdzięczają Serbom. Po klęsce na Kosowym Polu w roku 1389 wszędzie szukali okazji do pomsty na Turkach.
Jan Długosz zapisał pod rokiem 1463, że w bitwie nad Sawą bił się Cohors Raczanorum (oddział Raców - Serbów). Po śmierci króla Macieja Korwina Serbowie udali się do Polski, aby kontynuować walkę z Turkami po usarsku."
http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/polcrt/WingedHussar.html
"The hussar concept began in Serbia, near the end of the 14th century. In the 16th century, painted wings or winged claws began to appear on cavalry shields. Wings were originally attached to the saddle and later to the back. In 1645, Col. Szczodrowski was said to have used ostrich wings.
In 1500, the Polish Treasury books make reference to hussars. Early on, they were foreign mercenaries, and were called Racowie from "Rascia" a word meaning "of Serbia." They came from the Serbian state of Ras."
http://www.fanaticus.org/DBA/armiesofthefanatici/DarrenBuxbaum/LaterSerbs/
"Serbian Gussars"
http://ac.bondurand.com/liste332.htm
"Les serbes avaient reconnu la nécessité d'une cavalerie légère, (...) ils développèrent leur propre cavalerie légère, les GUSARS ou USARS, d'où sont venus les hussards."
http://www.armae.com/contemporain/144epeesetdagues.htm
"Originaires de Serbie, les hussards furent des cavaliers d'élite, connus surtout en Hongrie puis en France, et imités par la suite partout en Europe."
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/1b772/a9330/
"The area around the present Zorinsk (Ukrainia) belonged to the Serb Hussar Major Vuyich at the end of the 18th century."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenije_III
" Arsenije III (...) was inaugurating new Serb infantry and hussar regiments that were sent to the ongoing war."
http://www.gatago.com/pl/sci/historia/19850502.html
"Jan Długosz pod rokiem 1463 napisał, że w bitwie nad Sawą, biły się
"Cohors Raczanorum" / Początki husarii w bitwie na Kulikowym Polu
w 1389 r."
--

CcCc

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #245 on: October 31, 2007, 06:44:10 PM »
Ah, this if it were not so electronic would be excellent. It has a very clear structure, no noise, would not be hard on the ears.

This is what I believe the mark of a good song is: if it were played by a string quartet would it still sound good. This, yes. UnderOath, no.

ftf

« Reply #246 on: October 31, 2007, 06:45:44 PM »
Ah, this if it were not so electronic would be excellent. It has a very clear structure, no noise, would not be hard on the ears.

This is what I believe the mark of a good song is: if it were played by a string quartet would it still sound good. This, yes. UnderOath, no.
That song is almost identical in style to the last underoath song I linked to, except without the vocals.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #247 on: October 31, 2007, 06:46:53 PM »

That song is almost identical in style to the last underoath song I linked to, except without the vocals.

Except it's actually got something there musically. Not just morons with a drum machine and shouting.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #248 on: October 31, 2007, 08:03:56 PM »
I like death metal because it's fast and angry. I can be angry and frustrated a lot.. and Mozart, Ace of Base nor country music will do it for me.

This is an interesting band I like.. they mix polka and Sammi music with death metal. I don't think anyone here would like it though, but it's something different to hear  ;)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HXZreA1j_Oc