Author Topic: Racism against blacks ?  (Read 45235 times)

Erica

Re: Racism against blacks ?
« Reply #175 on: August 24, 2007, 01:03:28 PM »

Name an area of significant black population where this great culture that we can learn from is evident.
I have a better idea, why don't you google it. Or is "Google" to 'left-wing' for you? I'm tired of being positive and showing tolerance for your ignorance. I'll just hold the good things about my culture to my heart and pass them on to my children. Anyone who really wants to know about how good our culture is (sans the negative culture no one here can get away from), as me, and I'll be more than willing to share it with you.

I'll take that as a "can't do it".
No that's not my answer idiot boy, because I've explained and explained and no one paid attention. Wait, I'm not telling the truth, you could only come up with "Good Times" as black culture. My bad. I can MORE than rattle off all of the good things in black culture but it would be a waste of my time because all you see is bad.

newman

« Reply #176 on: August 24, 2007, 01:08:41 PM »

Name an area of significant black population where this great culture that we can learn from is evident.
I have a better idea, why don't you google it. Or is "Google" to 'left-wing' for you? I'm tired of being positive and showing tolerance for your ignorance. I'll just hold the good things about my culture to my heart and pass them on to my children. Anyone who really wants to know about how good our culture is (sans the negative culture no one here can get away from), as me, and I'll be more than willing to share it with you.

No that's not my answer idiot boy, because I've explained and explained and no one paid attention. Wait, I'm not telling the truth, you could only come up with "Good Times" as black culture. My bad. I can MORE than rattle off all of the good things in black culture but it would be a waste of my time because all you see is bad.

I'm deeply hurt by that personal insult. I've always felt we were rather close (especially after that nice offer you made before).

Have I ever lobbed personal insults at you?...tsk...tsk

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #177 on: August 24, 2007, 01:15:36 PM »
It's not jewish people really, it's just the way I am.  Judaism places a strong emphasis on community.  But I've always been sort of a lone wolf in the sense that I don't ask for much from people nor do I expect much from people. 

Shabbat has become one of my most favorite things in life.  On Saturday morning on the way to the synagogue I always try to walk through Rock Creek Park, taking in everything all the park is, in sort of a walking meditation.  By the time I get there I see these guys around the bimah, the chazzan is leading the davening while everyone is there seems to be engaged in the whole spirit of things.  "Yitgadal, v'Yitkadash shmay rabba.." This is when I really feel the "community".   It's only times like during kiddush lunch or around the shabbat table when the enviroment is more intimate is when feel a little disconnected.  Sometimes I feel like I have to justify why I'm there, as someone always has to ask "Why did you convert?  I would imagine you have a hard enough time being BLACK."  Sometimes I feel like saying "The only hard time I ever get is being put on the spot and being made to explain myself".  I can't help but to wonder what's going throught this person's head.

Erica

« Reply #178 on: August 24, 2007, 01:16:23 PM »

I'm deeply hurt by that personal insult. I've always felt we were rather close (especially after that nice offer you made before).

"Sister", "Honeychild", "girlfriend"..I consider those personal insults because of the way you say them to me, and also because you refuse NOT to give me pet names. I don't see you calling bullcat or any other female here those names. You only call me those names because I'm a black female and its common in the black community to hear them. That's ignorant.

We've never been close, we've had understandings and misunderstandings but I'm not going to be forced into thinking the way YOU do, and vice/versa.I'm not here to make friends. And just because you know something about "Good Times" dosen't make you all-knowing about the trials and tribulations of the ghetto and black culture.

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #179 on: August 24, 2007, 01:18:18 PM »
James Evans sort of reminds me of my father.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #180 on: August 24, 2007, 01:22:08 PM »

I agree. Even if you were to rattle off all the good things and the notorious black people, people like him would still look at them as nothing so great. Martin Luther King, Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, Dred Scott, Nelson Mandella, Booker T. Washington, Thurgood Marshall, they're all a bunch of losers, communists, and Jew and whitey haters.

newman

« Reply #181 on: August 24, 2007, 01:23:43 PM »

"Sister", "Honeychild", "girlfriend"..I consider those personal insults because of the way you say them to me, and also because you refuse NOT to give me pet names. I don't see you calling bullcat or any other female here those names. You only call me those names because I'm a black female and its common in the black community to hear them. That's ignorant.

We've never been close, we've had understandings and misunderstandings but I'm not going to be forced into thinking the way YOU do, and vice/versa.I'm not here to make friends. And just because you know something about "Good Times" dosen't make you all-knowing about the trials and tribulations of the ghetto and black culture.

I call Bullcat pet names from time to time.

You're annoyed because your tactic of deflection and pretending to miss the cental thrust of an argument doesn't work with me.

I also saw "Colours", "Boys n the Hood" AND several 1970s black exploitation movies. How can you call me ignorant of black culture?

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #182 on: August 24, 2007, 01:24:09 PM »
It's not jewish people really, it's just the way I am.  Judaism places a strong emphasis on community.  But I've always been sort of a lone wolf in the sense that I don't ask for much from people nor do I expect much from people. 

Shabbat has become one of my most favorite things in life.  On Saturday morning on the way to the synagogue I always try to walk through Rock Creek Park, taking in everything all the park is, in sort of a walking meditation.  By the time I get there I see these guys around the bimah, the chazzan is leading the davening while everyone is there seems to be engaged in the whole spirit of things.  "Yitgadal, v'Yitkadash shmay rabba.." This is when I really feel the "community".   It's only times like during kiddush lunch or around the shabbat table when the enviroment is more intimate is when feel a little disconnected.  Sometimes I feel like I have to justify why I'm there, as someone always has to ask "Why did you convert?  I would imagine you have a hard enough time being BLACK."  Sometimes I feel like saying "The only hard time I ever get is being put on the spot and being made to explain myself".  I can't help but to wonder what's going throught this person's head.

I think that was asked of Sammy Davis, Jr. this same question. I forget if he had a response and what it was.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #183 on: August 24, 2007, 01:26:54 PM »

You're annoyed because your tactic of deflection and pretending to miss the cental thrust of an argument doesn't work with me.

I also saw "Colours", "Boys n the Hood" AND several 1970s black exploitation movies. How can you call me ignorant of black culture?

Oh! You are hysterical! Yeah, that's black culture in a nutshell! I saw all those movies and Soul Plane too! Give me a Ph.D. on black culture!  :laugh:

newman

« Reply #184 on: August 24, 2007, 01:33:09 PM »

Oh! You are hysterical! Yeah, that's black culture in a nutshell! I saw all those movies and Soul Plane too! Give me a Ph.D. on black culture!  :laugh:

You gotta see a couple of prison movies to get a Ph.D. in negrology.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #185 on: August 24, 2007, 01:33:35 PM »

Telling a victim of sexual assault that her feelings are wrong is cause enough to get your nuts chopped off.

newman

« Reply #186 on: August 24, 2007, 01:37:48 PM »

Telling a victim of sexual assault that her feelings are wrong is cause enough to get your nuts chopped off.

I said NO SUCH THING.

She brought up a hypothetical that I responded to.

Find the post where I did such a thing.....I dare you.

Erica

« Reply #187 on: August 24, 2007, 01:39:06 PM »

Yeah, Boyz in the Hood is a GREAT example of black culture! I forgot. I don't think you need to know any more about black culture, you've got it all figured out. ::) hmph.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #188 on: August 24, 2007, 01:53:32 PM »

Yeah, Boyz in the Hood is a GREAT example of black culture! I forgot. I don't think you need to know any more about black culture, you've got it all figured out. ::) hmph.

Actually, it's "Don't be a Menace to Society while Drinking your Juice in the Hood" that sums up black culture best since it combines all of the movies which provide the greatest examples of black culture ;)

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #189 on: August 24, 2007, 01:58:44 PM »

I think that was asked of Sammy Davis, Jr. this same question. I forget if he had a response and what it was.

It the way it's asked.  Some people just through it out there like it was something as trivial as putting on a new suit, and then some seen to ask with great suspicion.  "Why?  Why?"  I get sick of it.  It makes me not to want to be around them.

In all fairness, there is a petition going around out there for the Israeli goverment change the way they honor all conversions.  It seems that the jist of it has to do with reasons analogous to the effect a foreign antibody would have once introduced to a  persons immune system.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 02:00:15 PM by Kananga »

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #190 on: August 24, 2007, 02:01:49 PM »

Yep - I've been called a few different names by Newman.   ;)
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Erica

« Reply #191 on: August 24, 2007, 02:02:02 PM »

Actually, it's "Don't be a Menace to Society while Drinking your Juice in the Hood" that sums up black culture best since it combines all of the movies which provide the greatest examples of black culture ;)
When I was younger, that movie was so funny because of the embellishment on what people thought the ghetto was like...now its just stupid. lol

Black culture, Newman isn't representative of the blacksploitation movies you've seen or how many blak men you've heard say "homie"... its an experience. Its a dance move, something added to the food we eat, an excellent song, the way a church gospel choir, a gang free block party, its creative hairstyles...its everything that's the opposite of what YOU think it is.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #192 on: August 24, 2007, 02:03:33 PM »

I said NO SUCH THING.

I'm not saying that you did this directly to her. But you made a generalization about it. That's what I was referring to. Even though you didn't explicitly state that her feelings are wrong, the very act of telling a victim of sexual assault that their feelings could be wrong, even in a general sense, is unconscionable, at least in my opinion.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #193 on: August 24, 2007, 02:07:41 PM »

When I was younger, that movie was so funny because of the embellishment on what people thought the ghetto was like...now its just stupid. lol

Black culture, Newman isn't representative of the blacksploitation movies you've seen or how many blak men you've heard say "homie"... its an experience. Its a dance move, something added to the food we eat, an excellent song, the way a church gospel choir, a gang free block party, its creative hairstyles...its everything that's the opposite of what YOU think it is.

One of the funniest scenes ever was the picnic scene showing everyone casually dancing with each other and then showing the couple going at it in the back :) That, and "Children? What do you say when you see a nice young black gentleman?" "Are you my daddy?" It's so wrong yet still so funny! :)

newman

« Reply #194 on: August 24, 2007, 02:11:19 PM »

I said NO SUCH THING.

I'm not saying that you did this directly to her. But you made a generalization about it. That's what I was referring to. Even though you didn't explicitly state that her feelings are wrong, the very act of telling a victim of sexual assault that their feelings could be wrong, even in a general sense, is unconscionable, at least in my opinion.

I didn't even do THAT.

Find the post and make your case if you're going to accuse me.

newman

« Reply #195 on: August 24, 2007, 02:14:43 PM »

It's also crack,drive-by shootings, muggings, welfare, food stamps, KFC, bastard babies, ghettos..............

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #196 on: August 24, 2007, 02:20:47 PM »

I said NO SUCH THING.

I didn't even do THAT.

Oh, I don't remember which thread or page it was on. It was when you were making reference that if a rape victim fears blacks, then she is "right" and if she fears whites, then she is "wrong" according to the "statistics."

newman

« Reply #197 on: August 24, 2007, 02:26:37 PM »

I said NO SUCH THING.

I didn't even do THAT.

Oh, I don't remember which thread or page it was on. It was when you were making reference that if a rape victim fears blacks, then she is "right" and if she fears whites, then she is "wrong" according to the "statistics."

That don't feed the bulldog. Read the post in context. I was not in any way at fault.

Erica

« Reply #198 on: August 24, 2007, 02:27:08 PM »

It's also crack,drive-by shootings, muggings, welfare, food stamps, KFC, bastard babies, ghettos..............
See. You just proved how stupid and unwilling to look at good you are by rattling off all of that negativity except KFC>.. how in the hell is KFC a bad thing? Foodstamps and welfare are basically the same...and the ghetto isn't as bad for some as it is for others. You asked me to list some good things and I did and THEN you did exactly what I predicted you'd do...sh** on it.

newman

« Reply #199 on: August 24, 2007, 02:36:37 PM »

See. You just proved how stupid and unwilling to look at good you are by rattling off all of that negativity except KFC>.. how in the hell is KFC a bad thing? Foodstamps and welfare are basically the same...and the ghetto isn't as bad for some as it is for others. You asked me to list some good things and I did and THEN you did exactly what I predicted you'd do...sh** on it.

KFC is NOT a bad thing. You're right on.

That just proves I CAN see the good as well as the bad.