Author Topic: $500K for a baseball???  (Read 3297 times)

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
$500K for a baseball???
« on: August 22, 2007, 04:03:42 PM »
That was hit by a crack head melangiana no less! These people are sick..

Joe Schmo

Re: $500K for a baseball???
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 04:12:23 PM »
That was hit by a crack head melangiana no less! These people are sick..

Is that all?

McGwire's steroid ball fetched more than a million!

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 04:51:54 PM »
I was listening to WPLJ in NY this morning. They were mentioning how the guy stated that he needed to sell the ball since he couldn't afford to pay the tax on it. This made absolutely no sense since the ball itself is only worth about $2. You only need to pay taxes if you sell the ball and make a lot of money from it. So either this guy is a complete moron or there was some miscommunication.

If this record were hit by any non-steroid using player with an ounce more character than Barry Bongs, then I think it should be worth a lot more. But considering that this steroid using a-hole hit it, that ball isn't worth my current roll of toilet paper.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 05:17:12 PM »
Baseball's on the way out, anyhow.  Futbol is on the way in, to stay.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 08:52:59 PM »
Sure, it's still crazy, but if it weren't for the steroid scandal, it would have been about 3 million easy.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 10:25:29 PM »

Perhaps in the rest of the world, but not in the US.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 11:48:00 PM »
Some people I know could barely afford pay their RENT and have NO net savings, yet they scrap every last dollar to go to watch these Dominicans and Puerto Ricans play... BASEBALL!
We are in the middle of an war with the Islamic Invaders and what is their main concern....BASEBALL!
Do you think that the Muslims talk about BASEBALL when there on their way to comminting another mass suicide/murder...
It's INSANE to talk about BASEBALL!
However Chaim made a very good point last ASK JTF Show and said that 'We must not abandon our people who simply don't know better, Our job is to get the word out and wake people up'
Most people are Naive and/or Ignorant that doesn't make them EVIL, we must give them a chance.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 11:58:28 PM »

Sure it is.  Mexicans love futbol, and they're the fastest growing group in America.

newman

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 07:24:24 AM »
Some people I know could barely afford pay their RENT and have NO net savings, yet they scrap every last dollar to go to watch these Dominicans and Puerto Ricans play... BASEBALL!
We are in the middle of an war with the Islamic Invaders and what is their main concern....BASEBALL!
Do you think that the Muslims talk about BASEBALL when there on their way to comminting another mass suicide/murder...
However Chaim made a very good point last ASK JTF Show and said that 'We must not abandon our people who simply don't know better, Our job is to get the word out and wake people up'
Most people are Naive and/or Ignorant that doesn't make them EVIL, we must give them a chance.

Too right!

We're facing extermination in a generation or two and cement-heads are fixated on sport! >:(

raiseyourfist

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 07:27:48 AM »

Too right!

We're facing extermination in a generation or two and cement-heads are fixated on sport! >:(

Newman what would you pay for a cricket ball signed by Shane Warne ?

Offline Dissenter

• Full JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 07:31:10 AM »
Too bad Chaim wasn't at the ballpark. Then maybe G-d would have guided the ball into his hands and we would have the millions which we so desperately need to save the world.

Look out! Here it comes.... ::)

newman

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 07:36:45 AM »

Too right!

Newman what would you pay for a cricket ball signed by Shane Warne ?

Nothing.

I'd pay big $ for his little black book with all the phone numbers to the loose women, though. ;)

raiseyourfist

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 07:44:31 AM »
Nah the women he picks up you wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole

The women he's been with:

Ive seen better heads on beer bottles
Have more lines on them than the Hume Highway
and have worse legs than antique chairs

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 08:00:35 AM »
Quote from: Danstx19 link=topic=8034.msg73269#msg73269 date=
...It's INSANE to talk about BASEBALL!
Don't worry about it, FOOTBALL season will start soon.  Then there's always HOCKEY and BASKETBALL.  After all, we need to make sure that the masses always have something to occupy themselves with year round.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

newman

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 08:05:09 AM »
Quote from: Danstx19 link=topic=8034.msg73269#msg73269 date=
...It's INSANE to talk about BASEBALL!
Don't worry about it, FOOTBALL season will start soon.  Then there's always HOCKEY and BASKETBALL.  After all, we need to make sure that the masses always have something to occupy themselves with year round.

It keeps their minds off what a shocking job the government is doing.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 08:35:42 AM »

I was thinking that very same thing.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 09:49:14 AM »
I think we ALL agree that 'some people' like the way things are set up right now...

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2007, 04:07:04 AM »
I was watching ABC nightly news one night about a month ago and by coincidence, the guy happened to be featured on the program.  This was before he bought the ball. 

In the segment, ABC said that he's Jewish.  I'm not sure if this is true. 

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2007, 04:51:32 AM »
Baseball is no good anymore. Nothing on tv is good or wholesome anymore, it is all drek to me.

Dido

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2007, 05:39:55 AM »
Baseball is no good anymore. Nothing on tv is good or wholesome anymore, it is all drek to me.

Pro-sports in general sucks. It's all entertainment. The Collegiate level is somewhat better, but watching it is still a waste of time.

With convergence and better technology I see no need for television. It's an obsolete thing of the past.

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2007, 08:47:21 AM »
Admitted big baseball fan here. Big time Mets fan. Yes, the professional game has been infested with let's say, a Latino culture. I still believe the game itself is a great game. Many things people see as boring are actually many strategies all working at the same time. It is like a strategic battle, but without the violence, most of the time anyway. Admittedly, I do cringe when I see players wearing chains hanging out of their uniforms or doing some idiotic hip hop type celebratory dances. I still like the game itself.
Yes, there are many more important things to be concerned with in this world than baseball, or any sport for that matter, or than TV shows, or movies, or music, or art shows, or shopping, or video games, or sales at the mall, or the latest fashions, etc.  Though there is nothing wrong with having a hobby or an interest in something that is trivial in matters of world importance such as baseball. The key is priority. I watch baseball, I used to coach baseball, I used to run youth sports programs including baseball(futbol also), I used to play baseball, I will be watching and rooting for the Mets today. Though, I also am quite aware of the dangers to our nation and the free world from islam, multiculturalism, one world order organizations, the war on our second amendment, illegal immigration, etc. Also, raising a family which is my number one priority, which watching some baseball does not inhibit me from doing. Does this all mean I know about these things but am too busy with baseball to actually do anything? While I wish I could do more I do take some actions in the fight against the attacks on America. Many people I communicate with on various places on the net talk a great fight about what needs to be done but when it comes time for something as simple as a meeting just to discuss things the list of excuses becomes endless. I have definitely been to way more political affairs, rallies, events, etc. than to baseball games in the last ten years. My time on the web is spent on sites such as this, UAC, STM, Jihad Watch, etc., not on sports sites. So, in my opinion there is nothing wrong with being a fan of a sport as long as you prioritize it properly.
Also, futbol will never outdo baseball in the USA. The day that it does is the day that the illegal migration from beneath the southern border is complete. Beckham was supposed to be it's saviour here, no?
I also agree, Bonds is a punk thug but even if the ball were hit by the classiest man alive there is no baseball, or any other sports memorobilia worth that type of money. But if a private citizen wants to spend $500,000 on a baseball, as long as he is not using any of my tax dollars to do it, I say knock yourself out.
Lastly, and definitely most importantly, yes, VOTE FOR VITO!  We need your help. If you live in his district we need you. Even if you do not live in his district we need you. If you are in NYC we need you. His official campaign announcement event will be happening on Dec, 1 at 12 noon at an undisclosed location in Queens. It will be by invitation only. There will also be an announcement of the Loyalist party ballot referendum initiative to debate the quran. Anyone wanting to join us and wishing for an invite please contact myself or Vito by PM.
This is what I mean, Vito hates baseball, I love baseball, but I will be working as much as I can to help get Vito elected and I do not live in his district. So, love baseball or hate it, the important thing is,
2008, NY State Assembly Race, District 26, Support and Vote for VITO!
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.