Author Topic: Did Rabbi Meir Kahane recieve any support from Hasidic sects of Judaism?  (Read 7098 times)

Offline Rashi

• Full JTFer
I have gone threw alot of his audio and videos..and I have yet to find him speaking at a Chabad house or any other Hasidic groups...any reason for this..or is it there anti-Zionist view of Torha..which I find is deeply flawed...Did he recieve any  financial backing from them..?..This not a Misnagdim post...I would just like to know the facts...

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
Although some Lubavitchers were a tad sympathetic on the quiet to Kahane, and 2 Satmarers actually carried his body at his funeral, Kahane in life received not a smidgen of help or acknowldgment from any Black Coats, but to their eternal shame, only opprobrium.

Offline Rashi

• Full JTFer
I have found this to be true..On the outside Chabad appears to be pro-Zionist..but when you study there  theology it is way off the mark.. Rabbi Meir Kahane z"l I think was loathed by them..because there "Gedolim" knew his Torha was true..There is a great saying" If you make people think they're thinking.. they'll love you..but if you really make them think.. they'll hate you"

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
What is JTF becoming? A place to denigrate other Jews? Chabad is very pro-Zionistic and all those who I know are involved (as I am) are pro-Zionist. The Rebbe was very pro-Zionist and I have posted many videos of him supporting Israel against the Camp David fiasco pushed by Carter.

All my Chabad Rabbis know I am a Kahanist and my rabbi has said many kind words about Rabbi Kahane.

You will get nowhere by trying to divide the Jewish people. Chabad is the most vital Jewish movement in the world far surpassing any other denomination. Rather than trying to offend them you should rather spend efforts to outreach to them.

Enough of this lashon hara for heavens sake.

And Rashi, rather than make obviously false statements (as I can see you are doing) why don't you prove what you are trying to say with proofs? I can show you that Chabad teaches the True Torah while you are living by the false one,

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
The Rebbe was working his butt off trying to help the Jews in the Soviet Union. His work in this field is legendary and receives quite a bit of gratitude from Soviet Jews to this day. He and Rabbi Kahane had the best in mind for helping the Soviet Jews but in the end they both were right. There is no need to denigrate one in order to magnify the other. I am a Kahanist and a Chabadist and there is no contradiction. Only those like Rashi who seek to divide will find pleasure in trying to determine which was better.

I am sick of these kinds of threads. I know many Chabad rabbis and all love Israel with their entire souls.

I am waiting for the proof from this Rashi (who is nothing like the real Rashi Zt'l)  that Chabad is teaching false Torah.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Rabbi Kahane had NO PROBLEM with Chabad either. As he explains in this video on Youtube which anyone who was interested in the truth could find before posting lashon Hara.

Offline Rashi

• Full JTFer
What is JTF becoming? A place to denigrate other Jews? Chabad is very pro-Zionistic and all those who I know are involved (as I am) are pro-Zionist. The Rebbe was very pro-Zionist and I have posted many videos of him supporting Israel against the Camp David fiasco pushed by Carter.

All my Chabad Rabbis know I am a Kahanist and my rabbi has said many kind words about Rabbi Kahane.

You will get nowhere by trying to divide the Jewish people. Chabad is the most vital Jewish movement in the world far surpassing any other denomination. Rather than trying to offend them you should rather spend efforts to outreach to them.

Enough of this lashon hara for heavens sake.

And Rashi, rather than make obviously false statements (as I can see you are doing) why don't you prove what you are trying to say with proofs? I can show you that Chabad teaches the True Torah while you are living by the false one,

First off I include all Hasidic groups..Truth is not  lashon hara...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
First off I include all Hasidic groups..Truth is not  lashon hara...

Uh... Ok ignormus... What do you think Lashon Hara is? Look it up if you don't know... (hint... It is actually speaking derogitorily even if it is the truth)... Uhhh Hmmm..

But what you posted was even worse than Lashon Hara... It was plain and pure falsehood as I am demonstrating to your incapacitated mind..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Just for those who want to refresh on the laws of Lashon Hara (and other forms of prohibited speech) find a refresher at:

http://torah.org/learning/halashon/chapter1.html

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Another pro-Zionist Hassidic sect is Breslev.... Breslev has Yeshivas in Jerusalem and one of their main rabbis was an IDF hero,

I do not know their position on Rabbi Kahane though... But I suppose today it is positive.

Offline Rashi

• Full JTFer
Uh... Ok ignormus... What do you think Lashon Hara is? Look it up if you don't know... (hint... It is actually speaking derogitorily even if it is the truth)... Uhhh Hmmm..

But what you posted was even worse than Lashon Hara... It was plain and pure falsehood as I am demonstrating to your incapacitated mind..

I guess next you are tell me I am full of sinat chinam?...It's old and it's called thought control...

The Messiah will proclaim the message that redemption has arrived from the roof of Lubavitch headquarters at 770 Eastern Parkway in Brooklyn. (The Rebbe’s discourse on Parashat Hayyei Sarah 5751.) The heavenly Temple will not descend directly into Jerusalem. It will first descend to a spot adjoining 770 Eastern Parkway, and the buildings, along with all other diaspora synagogues, will then be transported to Jerusalem. (The Rebbe’s discourse, published as a separate booklet, titled Mikdash Me’at: Zeh Beit Rabbenu she-be-Bavel

You don't think that is outside Torha Judaism?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Chabad Rabbis visited Rabbi Kahane while in Prison..

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/28877/20-years-later-kahane-murder-foretold-93-wtc-911-feds-ignored-qaedas-1st-victim/

May the Memory of a Tzaddik be a Blessing!
And may he act as a voice on high to advocate for the Jews.

Surprisingly, he was more tolerant of Jewish liberals who were vehemently against him, than of apathetic Jews who couldn’t be motivated to take a stand.
He would say, “At least, they’re ALIVE and can react! They’re just confused, and don’t have the facts straight.”

There was one instance where some protesters were very disruptive and did not respond to calm reasoned pleas to stop, and then were warned, and still didn’t stop, and so, had to be ‘forcibly’ stopped.

After they had their ‘protesting’ knocked out of them, and were about to leave, Rabbi Kahane called out to them,
“Wait, are you Jewish?! Here, have something to eat and drink and let’s talk.”

After a long discussion, they went away a little thoughtful, and while they didn’t become JDL, they actually, on occasion, did speak up for Jews and didn’t parrot the left’s party line.

When Rabbi Kahane was first arrested, the only (non-family) Jews who came to visit, were Chabad emissaries who visit Jews in prison. I personally knew the one who visited him, and they became close, and he developed a connection to Chabad.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom

I guess next you are tell me I am full of sinat chinam?...It's old and it's called thought control...

The Messiah will proclaim the message that redemption has arrived from the roof of Lubavitch headquarters at 770 Eastern Parkway in Brooklyn. (The Rebbe’s discourse on Parashat Hayyei Sarah 5751.) The heavenly Temple will not descend directly into Jerusalem. It will first descend to a spot adjoining 770 Eastern Parkway, and the buildings, along with all other diaspora synagogues, will then be transported to Jerusalem. (The Rebbe’s discourse, published as a separate booklet, titled Mikdash Me’at: Zeh Beit Rabbenu she-be-Bavel

You don't think that is outside Torha Judaism?

This is not something which Chabad teaches. I learned with Chabad for many years and never have they said anything other than what Rambam says concerning the time of Messiah and the rebuilding of the Temple.

Could you please provide a link to the site where you got that quote? If not I will ask my rabbi about it and find out where that comes from.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
R.Avigdor Miller 1990:

"Did the Gedolei HaTorah support Rabbi Meir Kahane?

And the answer is they did not support him.

But I must tell you something. Rabbi Meir Kahane was a talmid in Mesivta Chaim Berlin in my time. He was a yeshivah bochur and he was a shomer mitzvos always.

He had a fire of love the Jewish people. You have to know that.

The fact the Gedolim didn't support him was enough that we didn't support him; that's enough.

However lack of support doesn't mean that we shouldn't appreciate a  person.

There was nobody who criticized the chofshim more than Meir Kahane.

He criticised the Reformers and the Assimilationists more than anybody else, and that's why he was so hated!

I am certain that they engineeered his assassination.  It wasn't just an Arab who found a yarmulka and put it on.

I'm certain that it was the Manhattan assimilationists who were so angry at him because he was the most vitriolic in criticising them because he showed them up in such a way that there he was really a terrible embarassment for them, and they had to get rid of him.

I can't speak too much in public about this, but I am sure that his assassination was engineered. 

Therefore we are very sorry. We regret what happened to him. He was  in a certain sense an asset to us; yes. We never invited him to speak here because we have others who can speak for us if we want to hear the daas Torah. 

Nevertheless when a person has good qualities we're for him!"

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 04:33:05 PM by Yerusha »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
BTW, the concept of the third temple has multiple understandings among the sages.

It is not entirely impossible according to the Talmud that the Temple will descend from heaven. The prophets did prophecy this possible way of the temple being realized. I do not personally believe that will be how it happens but I don't think those who believe it are outside Jewish belief.

Let me find for you the source of this..

Offline Rashi

• Full JTFer
This is not something which Chabad teaches. I learned with Chabad for many years and never have they said anything other than what Rambam says concerning the time of Messiah and the rebuilding of the Temple.

Could you please provide a link to the site where you got that quote? If not I will ask my rabbi about it and find out where that comes from.

muman613 I don't want to get into a online war..If you like Chabad fine...I have personally found problems in there theology...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
http://www.chabad.org/therebbe/article_cdo/aid/148182/jewish/Who-Will-Build-the-Third-Bais-Hamikdash-Man-or-G-d.htm

A Building of the Heavens or of the Earth

There is a classic difference of opinion between our Rabbis regarding the construction of the Third Beis HaMikdash. The Rambam states1 that the Beis HaMikdash will be built by man, more specifically by Mashiach. Indeed, its construction will be one of the signs of Mashiach’s advent.

Rashi,2 by contrast, explains that the Beis HaMikdash has al­ready been constructed by G‑d and exists in the heavenly realms, waiting for the time when it will descend to the earth. For the Third Beis HaMikdash will be “the Sanctuary of G‑d, established by Your hands.”3 When the setting within the world is appropriate, this heavenly structure will descend and become an actual reality within our material world.

Each of these views is based upon sources in the works of our Sages.4 There is, however, a unique historical point which supports the Rambam’s position. Our Sages relate5 that in the era of Rabbi Yehoshua ben Chananiah, the Romans granted the Jews permission to rebuild the Beis HaMikdash. Joyous at the opportunity they were granted, our people rushed to begin the preparations for building only to have the project thwarted by the intervention of the Samaritans. What is significant, however, is that they planned to build the Beis HaMikdash through their own efforts; they did not wait for it to descend from the heavens.

Offline Rashi

• Full JTFer
muman613 read there theology..That means all there  Rebbes...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Fine Rashi...

Im sorry if it seems I am angry with you. I am not... I have a very good relation with Chabad and it is pro-Zionist and I spread Rabbi Kahanes message among my congregation. Personally I think I have influenced many because last Pesach my entire table counted themselves as 'right wing' (the first time in 10 years I sat at an entirely right-wing table)...

I will admit Rabbi Kahane did not have much support from any segment of Judaism. But after his passing his message has grown and he has found a spot in many Jews hearts. If we can spread his message and bring the more religious segment of Jews to Rabbi Kahanes corner we will look forward to much merit.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
muman613 read there theology..That means all there  Rebbes

I am involved in Tanya study. Tanya is the essential Chabad work done by their first Rebbe. I have learned the history of their Rebbes from their beginning in Ukraine.

Their theology falls within Chassidic theology. This involves the importance the mystic concepts of Judaism and central figure of the Tzadik to the community. I have no issue with the Tzadik concept (so long as he is not made into a messianic figure). While the Lubavitch Rebbe did have followers who would express their belief he was the Moshiach for the most part Chabad organization did not go messichist. I have asked every Chabad Rabbi I learn with their position on the Rebbe. All love and revere him but do not think we was Moshiach. This is fine because he was certainly a tzadik.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I learn the Daily Rambam with my rabbi and congregation. We learn the practical halachas including the centrality of Israel to the Jewish people. I don't know what part of Chabad theology would run counter to a straight Kahanist.... Aside from the belief that the Temple may come down from heaven (which is a valid belief) what else is considered against Kahanist Torah.

And as a Kahanist I have been asked whether I think he was Moshaich. I say the same thing about him as I say about the Rebbe. He may have been Moshiach and he certainly had strong sparks of Moshiach. If Rabbi Kahane had lived he may have led us in pride to our land as Moshiach is supposed to do.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
A shame that RMK never visited the Lubavitcher Rebbe

It is widely believed that the Rebbe had a Divinely-inspired insight, especially when one sat with him for one hour in yechidus. It would have been fascinating what he would have said to R.Kahane. Many hold that the Rebbe and R.Kahane were the potential Moshiachs ben David and ben Yosef of the previous generation.

Offline Rashi

• Full JTFer
I am involved in Tanya study. Tanya is the essential Chabad work done by their first Rebbe. I have learned the history of their Rebbes from their beginning in Ukraine.

Their theology falls within Chassidic theology. This involves the importance the mystic concepts of Judaism and central figure of the Tzadik to the community. I have no issue with the Tzadik concept (so long as he is not made into a messianic figure). While the Lubavitch Rebbe did have followers who would express their belief he was the Moshiach for the most part Chabad organization did not go messichist. I have asked every Chabad Rabbi I learn with their position on the Rebbe. All love and revere him but do not think we was Moshiach. This is fine because he was certainly a tzadik.

My problem is when the  Tzadik replaces G-d or reason and logic